Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase Rollie from Hobbylink

Hi

I would like to find out whether has anyone purchase rollie from Hobbylink before. Is this shop trusted for pre-own rollie or new rollie? Pls help to provide some feedback base on your experience with this shop if you have purchased from them before.

Tks.

Sam is a very nice guy! No problem, you can buy from him.

Originally posted by rogerlee12 View Post
    Hi

I would like to find out whether has anyone purchase rollie from Hobbylink before. Is this shop trusted for pre-own rollie or new rollie? Pls help to provide some feedback base on your experience with this shop if you have purchased from them before.

Tks.

Comment

BTW is Hobbylink one of the AD? If purchase from him, do I still need to sent to RSC for verification? How trusted is Hobbylink compare to the rest of the shop that sell new/pre-own rollie.

Tks.

Comment

I am a newbie looking for a sub with date. The price quoted by Sam is much lower than any other shop which makes me puzzled whether they are selling authenticate rollie. BTW, what are the things to look up for when buying a sub with date rollie. Advice, pls.

Tks.

Comment

Hobbylink is not an AD... whether you want to send the watch RSC and spend the $75 is up to you.
          BTW is Hobbylink one of the AD? If purchase from him, do I still need to sent to RSC for verification? How trusted is Hobbylink compare to the rest of the shop that sell new/pre-own rollie.

Tks.

Comment

Tks.
            Sam is trust worthy. Brought my client and he bought an IWC from him.
            His pieces are all pre-owned. Condition can be from NIB to worn condition as his watches are all consign to him by his customers and network. He is not an AD. His bread and butter are RC cars. Ü
            Regardless of the above, I will still send for verification since he is not an expert. All these are based on reputation and trust.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
            - GMT II
            - GMT IIc TT
            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
            - U1
            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Tks.
              No he is not AD..but if u ask me? Personally there is no need to waste $75. You can choose to go ahead and verify no problems at all...if it buys u a peace of your mind.

If their prices are cheaper? Maybe it's because he's asking a pretty reasonable price while others are just asking for ridiculous prices?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

just spend the $75 for peace of mind. afterall, you dont want to be wearing a watch that contains non original parts. i mean, if you know about then it is your choice, but if you dont, and it is found to contain non original parts, i dont think it will be a very nice experience
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Buying From Hobbylink

Hi guys,

Just wanna share my recent purchase from Mr Sam, Hobbylink.

I got my GMT Master II from him last week, Upright & Truthful person making a honest living.

Would not hesitate to deal with him again, if i have the money!!!

Cheers
                  A Crown For Every Achievement.

Comment

Sam is reputable and seems to come up with interesting pieces, saw a Kari on his website a few weeks back !

As for spending $75, I would always send in a used Rolex, no matter how trustworthy the source/seller is, to make sure 1. it's was not stolen sometime in it's past, 2. all parts are genuine.

I have sent in pieces before where RSC confirmed certain parts are not genuine, i.e. bezel (aftermarket), but I still choose to keep it.

If you choose to service the watch, they'll waive the $75 :-)
                    H.Moser & Cie Mayu
                    Speedmaster Sandwich
                    SubC 116610
                    Daytona 16520

Comment

Hi all Lao Jiao,

May I know what are the things to look up for on the Sub with date rollie during purchase so that I can somehow have a rest in mind that it authentic sub that I am buying. Pls advice.

Tks again.
                      Last edited by triton; 13-04-09, 07:12 AM.

Comment

the safest bet is bring it to RSC for authentication. i dont know about others but for the price of a sub date, spending 75 for authentication is for peace of mind.

im not saying sam from hobbylink is not reputable, this is because we never know what the previous owner(s) have done to the watch. if sam can provide you with authentication papers dated within pretty recently, i think it is better to go for authentication.

the reason why i suggest is that even the watch repairs can sometimes miss a thing or 2. further more authentication process is not just about verification, it also tells u if the watch needs to be service.

then you can decide if u want to service the watch, but do remember that RSC can even tell u to service the watch even though it has been serviced recently by independent repairers.

Hi all Lao Jiao,

May I know what are the things to look up for on the Sub with date rollie during purchase so that I can somehow have a rest in mind that it authentic sub that I am buying. Pls advice.

Tks again.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Take it from bro triton. There's no one particular step that you can take to determine if a watch is genuine. Have it authenticated at RSC for a peace of mind. Moreover, if it is hobbylink that you are buying from, RSC is not too far to travel to right?

Cheers!
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I have read that the RSC staffs attitude is bad if we are taking Rollie there for authentication check. May I know how true it is and has anyone brought your rollie to RSC recently. Pls feedback.

Comment

I think it is better for you to find out yourself and I do not think it is true in all cases.
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X