Purchase Rollie from Hobbylink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogerlee12 View Post
    Yo .... got my first BN Sub with date from Hobbylink today afternoon ... Sam was very friendly and helpful and he offers quite a good deal for Rollie as well. I have paid a deposit but yet to collect my watch as he would need to bring down the Rollie to RSC for the warranty card certification/registration and can only collect it 1 to 2 days later. Hope that I can collect my first Rollie soonest.
    Congrat! Must be at good price.

You buy new watch? need to register at rsc? If new watch best not to write name on the warranty card.

Comment

hi hi,

from all the above post probably most pple have very good service from hobbylink and are giving good reviews. I feel with regard to choosing from say hour glass or Hobbylink depends on 2 issues.

First, how much price difference on the watch you are looking at. Eg i was quoted 16300 for a Daytona stainless steel whereby hourglass i was offered 17k. There is a $700 savings in this case.

Second, non price factor. However when i feel since i m making a $17k purchase do i wanna put myself thru a thought process thinking abt where is the sources of the watch, issit 100% original parts, what if i got a stolen watch without knowing it, etc. The point i wanna make is would i wanna feel insecure abt making such a big purchase. After considering, i feel $700 is not worth all the worries that might come along with this purchase and i got it from hourglass instead. But of course 1 thing remains constant. If i spend abit more on luxury pdt like this, good customer service is expected ; )

I am sure if the discount is big enough, perhaps its worth the trouble to verify it and worry abit about the source n stuff. End of day only 1 thing matters. Your Dream watching siting beautifully on your wrist

Comment

Ya ... brought a BN watch. It does not comes with a warranty card and Sam said that he would need to bring it down to RSC for registration of the owner and collect a printed warranty card with all the details from RSC, another thing is that the date shown on the warranty card will be the latest date.

Comment

Yo .... got my first BN Sub with date from Hobbylink today afternoon ... Sam was very friendly and helpful and he offers quite a good deal for Rollie as well. I have paid a deposit but yet to collect my watch as he would need to bring down the Rollie to RSC for the warranty card certification/registration and can only collect it 1 to 2 days later. Hope that I can collect my first Rollie soonest.
          congrats on your fine acquisition....cheers..
          Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
          Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
          Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

BTW, has anyone bought a BN watch from Hobbylink before, afterwhich did bring it down to RSC for authentication check and found that there is prob with the watch. I would like to find out how honest is Hobbylink as I intend to get a SD for my hubby soon. If they are really honest, I would like to get from them as a lot of the feedback for Sam is good. Pls feedback.

Comment

Ya ... brought a BN watch. It does not comes with a warranty card and Sam said that he would need to bring it down to RSC for registration of the owner and collect a printed warranty card with all the details from RSC, another thing is that the date shown on the warranty card will be the latest date.
              "It does not comes with a warranty card and Sam said that he would need to bring it down to RSC for registration of the owner and collect a printed warranty card with all the details from RSC" my guess the owner kept the warranty card? Bring to rsc to register?? The warranty card shld have been stamp by the AD..."to RSC for registration of the owner" i hope this is referring to you..

PS.I got a haunch the so call printed warranty is the service receipt from rsc...

Comment

Originally posted by Dina45 View Post
                BTW, has anyone bought a BN watch from Hobbylink before, afterwhich did bring it down to RSC for authentication check and found that there is prob with the watch. I would like to find out how honest is Hobbylink as I intend to get a SD for my hubby soon. If they are really honest, I would like to get from them as a lot of the feedback for Sam is good.
                Pls feedback.
                I personaly don find the pricres at hobby link attractive. For sd y not purchase t fr d garage here? Its def a lot cheaper. And i doubt there are really such thg as bn at such preowned shops.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  first of all, what is yr budget for this rolex? Do some legwork and ask around in Rolex ADs like hourglass, cortina, tai hong hung, kee hing hung for prices of the sub model that u r looking at. after you have checked the prices and made a subsequent comparison, ask yrself if the price difference is worth all the "mental trauma" that u r currently undergoing.

from your queries, u hv quite a number of issues such as authenticity followed by verification@rsc and then some. why care abt the attitude of the receptionist when it's the authenticity of the watch that matters most to you? when it comes to excellent customer service, the attitude of Ball staff is unmatched but then again, it's my personal judgement call.

my take is to buy from AD. u would not have to ponder over issues of authenticity or spend additional $ on verification & any other potential issues that will no doubt make u lose plenty of sleep. health over $$$.

rolex watches are for u to enjoy, not to make u paranoid.
                  Diana45: See this post, good for you..

Comment

Smells fishy . How much did you pay for the watch?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Smells fishy . How much did you pay for the watch?
                      I understand what u mean

Comment

You mean the watch does not come with warranty card and they are able to get it at RSC? I am juz abit doubtful they are able to get the warranty card. Or, that is juz a piece of paper on the verification?
                        Current

Rolex DSSD
                        Rolex SD
                        Pam 162
                        Pam 351
                        Tudor Hydronaut
                        Fortis 24hrs Automatic
                        Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                          "It does not comes with a warranty card and Sam said that he would need to bring it down to RSC for registration of the owner and collect a printed warranty card with all the details from RSC" my guess the owner kept the warranty card? Bring to rsc to register?? The warranty card shld have been stamp by the AD..."to RSC for registration of the owner" i hope this is referring to you..

PS.I got a haunch the so call printed warranty is the service receipt from rsc...
                          sounds weird to me too. from what i know, RSC don't print warranty card. like what louie mentioned, the original warranty card could be kept by the original owner or maybe sam is getting the watch verify for you.

Comment

By the way....

I think the shop owner took the watch for servicing....

Nowadays according to one RSC lady, after you send the watch for serving... RSC provides a 'credit card' type of warranty...

I am not sure if it is the same as those in BNIB but I doubt so, there must be a diff....

Comment

i heard that rolex is one of those brands that are extremely strict with regard to their warranty cards. theres no way you are gg to get a new warranty card when you purchase from preown shops.

what did sam actually say to you?
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

think TS should quickly clarify this issue before our "assumptions & presumptions" get blown out of proportion.
                                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                                "Foreign affections"
                                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                                What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X