• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the DSSD be discontinued?

Comment

Originally posted by goingeasy23 View Post
      Will the DSSD be discontinued?
      2 years of RnD plus the marketing done for the Dssd, I doubt so...

I don't get the comparison of the SD - Dssd - SdC...all are totally different to start with...and so is the SubC...

Introduction of one model doesn't necessary mean the discontinuation of the other...UNLESS its a direct copy...example. Discon the SD and 6 years later reintroduce the SAME model with better upgrades...

And like what ac_wong mentioned, the SdC is an addition to the diver line... After all, the Sub and SD has been coexisting side by side well before the Dssd was introduced...

If Rolex going to discon the Dssd, this will be the fastest model Rolex ever discon...

Well...that's the hope of some Dssd owners...

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
        2 years of RnD plus the marketing done for the Dssd, I doubt so...

I don't get the comparison of the SD - Dssd - SdC...all are totally different to start with...and so is the SubC...

Introduction of one model doesn't necessary mean the discontinuation of the other...UNLESS its a direct copy...example. Discon the SD and 6 years later reintroduce the SAME model with better upgrades...

And like what ac_wong mentioned, the SdC is an addition to the diver line... After all, the Sub and SD has been coexisting side by side well before the Dssd was introduced...

If Rolex going to discon the Dssd, this will be the fastest model Rolex ever discon...

Well...that's the hope of some Dssd owners...

Cheers.
        Many thanks for your insight, and really hope that's the case. Cheers!

Comment

I don't care what review you Bros talking, I just hope this video review right one day.. Bro Tricolore what I said, am I right or what but the WG pui pui pui..

Comment

Originally posted by adamsmith View Post
            Also don't understand Rolex decision for a 40mm SD. And looking so similar also.

Rather get a Sub which is arguably more iconic, and cheaper too. The only gd thing the 4000m depth rating gives you in real life is 'bragging' rights to other watch lovers.
            The depth rating of the new SD is 4000 ft, not 4000 m. The DSSD still holds the flag at 3900m..

Comment

Interesting responses. In short, Rolex released the SdC in 40mm, because it can, period. Rolex has always been the "Gentleman Diver's watch", and is in no hurry to join the vulgar (AP ROO, Richard Mille, etc.), or need to, as it is proving to us.

I have absolutely no problem with watches that are big because they are and need to be. For instance, Panerais were 47mm and Fliegers were 55mm because that's the type of beasts they were originally and had a clear purpose to be. I can assure you it wasn't about fashion! But just "pimpin' it up" to join a fashion fad is just sad, and not something that a time-transcending icon like Rolex should be bothered with at all.

My only lament about the new SdC was Rolex's missed opportunity to use red font for "Sea-Dweller". All this said, the SdC is high up my list, and would be a perfect companion to my SubC-LV and '60s 5513.
              Last edited by Gunbucker; 30-03-14, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
                Interesting responses. In short, Rolex released the SdC in 40mm, because it can, period. Rolex has always been the "Gentleman Diver's watch", and is in no hurry to join the vulgar (AP ROO, Richard Mille, etc.), or need to, as it is proving to us.

I have absolutely no problem with watches that are big because they are and need to be. For instance, Panerais were 47mm and Fliegers were 55mm because that's the type of beasts they were originally and had a clear purpose to be. I can assure you it wasn't about fashion! But just "pimpin' it up" to join a fashion fad is just sad, and not something that a time-transcending icon like Rolex should be bothered with at all.
                I concur...

Rolex diehard fans and WIS diss the Dssd saying that Rolex are pressured to get into the big watch segment...well...

Rolex being Rolex, yes, they are not trying to chase the rest in the race of big watches...(thus the come back of the SdC at 40mm proves it)
                Coincidentally, the creation of the Dssd, together with its technical aspect, needs it to be BIG. Exactly what Panerais and Fliegers that were once being created at their sizes needs them to be, for their intended purpose.

I would say the creation of the Dssd is a clever well executed move by Rolex, though only them (Rolex) will know the actual reasons for its creation...

To get into the big watch segment or just to protray their supreme engineering capabilities...

Whatever the reasons are, due to the technical specifications of the Dssd, the watch have to be big and thus Rolex achieved not only the birth of their deepest diver but also getting into the big watch market...

Smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
                  My only lament about the new SdC was Rolex's missed opportunity to use red font for "Sea-Dweller".
                  Now, wouldn't that be a dream come true...

IF only the SdC came with the Red Sea-Dweller, I would have jump at it in a heartbeat, place my name on the waiting list without even needing to see one in the metal first...

I am still smitten with the SdC though...hopefully it's as gorgeous or even prettier in the metal then in the press photos...

Cheers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X