SD or GMT2c?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD or GMT2c?

Price aside, I am torn btw these 2. Unfortunately, I can only afford one (and barely at that)

anyway, just for info sake, which would you guys prefer?

1) I don travel much, so GMT is quite useless to me
    2) I don dive so 4000ft is also useless to me

darn! I just want a rollie!!! lol
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Between the 2, it'll be ROLEX GMTIIc for me.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

is magnifying glass important to you?

since you say both functions are not useful to you, then just get either one lor.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi, is GMT IIc that i will go for too....any idea how much it is now? I mean after disc...hoping to get one in the near future too...
        Current:-

Ball: Hydrocarbon Titanium
        Panerai: PAM 111 J
        Rolex: GMTIIc

Comment

GMT IIc gets the vote...coz ibelieve exxondus is more into aesthetics...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Wah darkie got that right. The gmt2c really look good . Else i oso wnt consider it to fight with the sd. But prob is. Somehow i find sd is like the classic timeless kinda rollie.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

What about daytona?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                What about daytona?
                I oso rikes but me knw i wont be able to afford so only looking at these 2.

Comment

I personally like the "feel" of GMTIIc... the weight of the watch is more balanced when compared with SD. If possible, try them on your wrist and which one is more comfortable as you will wear it very often (and proundly!).

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  I oso rikes but me knw i wont be able to afford so only looking at these 2.

Comment

gmt II for moi.
                    Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                    Tag Heuer Formula 1
                    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                    Rolex GMT II 16710
                    Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

Wah darkie got that right. The gmt2c really look good . Else i oso wnt consider it to fight with the sd. But prob is. Somehow i find sd is like the classic timeless kinda rollie.
                      All rolexes are timeless classics the GMT IIc merely just began the timeless journey

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

SD bro, the price of a mint preown piece is rather reasonable though it has been discon. It's different as compared to other Rolex sports model. Without the cyclop and the presence of the helium escape valve makes it looks awesome. Try on both if you can still get a BNIB SD at an AD to compare.

Comment

yikes, i just found out that the GMT2c doesnt have a quick set date function. Meaning that if i have to adjust the calende date, i need to manually wind the closk to 12 midnight so that the date will jump to the next day. Is this true?

If its like this, then I most prob will go for the SD as it may be quite irritating to adjust this when I don wear it for long periods, as well as during short months

Comment

ha ha.... if thats the case, you should also consider 16700 GMT

yikes, i just found out that the GMT2c doesnt have a quick set date function. Meaning that if i have to adjust the calende date, i need to manually wind the closk to 12 midnight so that the date will jump to the next day. Is this true?

If its like this, then I most prob will go for the SD as it may be quite irritating to adjust this when I don wear it for long periods, as well as during short months

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              ha ha.... if thats the case you should also consider 16700 GMT
                              Sorry don understd. Y huh?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X