No announcement yet.

Advise needed to choose between 2 great watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, what I am saying is instead getting a GMTIIc gold, go and get the antique one, more taste...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    GMT IIc la that time hav meh

Comment

Daytona ......... but no date lay .... why Rolex don't build a DATE Daytona ? why ? why ? why ?

Comment

Well, this is a rolex forum, it's no surprise most of the guys would vote for the daytona. The daytona 16520 with inverted 6 is one of my target watches as well, but however, post this question in a neutral forum and you'll probably get 50/50 votes on both watches.

Personally, I'd get the Big Pilot 5002, first. No particular reason, but because I guess the big pilot sings more to me. The daytona, hmm... I do like it, but somehow it's just not difficult to get one as compared to a 5002 BP.

In this economic crisis, we've seen collectors and flippers going back to Rolex. Prices have come down, but Rolex still moves faster than other brands. Rolex = currency, easier to move and you don't lose much in such times. But, imo, this is the best time to get a out of production watch from Panerai, IWC, AP or PP. Because when you look at the potential upside when the market recovers, the collectible pieces from these makers will appreciate all over again. In perspective, for Rolex... probably you won't even lose a single cent, but you won't be making thousands on top.... unless it's a vintage. My 2 cents purely from a speculative point of view.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
          Orh... Like dat you should get them both liao!! Hahahha
          really hope that i could do that, but pocket not very deep hahaha. "zhong ma piao! zhong ma piao! zhong ma piao!"

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
            Well, this is a rolex forum, it's no surprise most of the guys would vote for the daytona. The daytona 16520 with inverted 6 is one of my target watches as well, but however, post this question in a neutral forum and you'll probably get 50/50 votes on both watches.

Personally, I'd get the Big Pilot 5002, first. No particular reason, but because I guess the big pilot sings more to me. The daytona, hmm... I do like it, but somehow it's just not difficult to get one as compared to a 5002 BP.

In this economic crisis, we've seen collectors and flippers going back to Rolex. Prices have come down, but Rolex still moves faster than other brands. Rolex = currency, easier to move and you don't lose much in such times. But, imo, this is the best time to get a out of production watch from Panerai, IWC, AP or PP. Because when you look at the potential upside when the market recovers, the collectible pieces from these makers will appreciate all over again. In perspective, for Rolex... probably you won't even lose a single cent, but you won't be making thousands on top.... unless it's a vintage. My 2 cents purely from a speculative point of view.
            my exact sentiments, bro!
            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV
            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post

Pardon me for my ignorance, any particular reason why you would choose a 5002 BP over 5004 BP, just curious. Or you could PM me too.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X