Preowned Rolex with no warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preowned Rolex with no warranty?

I noticed that Rolex is still fetching high premiums in the garange section. this is even so for the earlier series like Y series (e.g.SD asking for 6.1k, etc).

I have always pondered. Repairing, servicing of such luxury pieces are extremely costly. Hence, why is it that even without any warranty left, people are still willing to pay that kinda premium for a rolex?

What happens if let's say u get it at a bargain price, use a few months, it spoils, and u have to pay hundreds to fix it?

I did read that Rolex movement is very durable. But 7-10 years already? isn't it time for at least 1 servicing and hence, that should already be factored into the preowned price?

e.g. servicing = $400, I see a rolex preowned 8 years gg for 10k. Hence, the price I am should be prepared to pay should be $10400?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
    I noticed that Rolex is still fetching high premiums in the garange section. this is even so for the earlier series like Y series (e.g.SD asking for 6.1k, etc).

I have always pondered. Repairing, servicing of such luxury pieces are extremely costly. Hence, why is it that even without any warranty left, people are still willing to pay that kinda premium for a rolex?

What happens if let's say u get it at a bargain price, use a few months, it spoils, and u have to pay hundreds to fix it?

I did read that Rolex movement is very durable. But 7-10 years already? isn't it time for at least 1 servicing and hence, that should already be factored into the preowned price?

e.g. servicing = $400, I see a rolex preowned 8 years gg for 10k. Hence, the price I am should be prepared to pay should be $10400?
    Because there is demand...

And no...that's not a premium so to speak. It's cheaper than brand new wad...unless u are talking about the rare models that is.

Yeah Rolex movement is very durable...mine is 40 years old and serviced only 2 or 3 times...

Last servicing is not that impt for me that is...

it works that way ONLY if you were to service after buying

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

well..why service when the watch is working well????if it aint broken why fix it????anyway rolex always command a premium...if you wana value for money go for omega...hahaha
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        well..why service when the watch is working well????if it aint broken why fix it????anyway rolex always command a premium...if you wana value for money go for omega...hahaha
        And why Omega? Can explain?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

vlue for money...hehehe....rolex is all about the branding....

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Because there is demand...

And no...that's not a premium so to speak. It's cheaper than brand new wad...unless u are talking about the rare models that is.

Yeah Rolex movement is very durable...mine is 40 years old and serviced only 2 or 3 times...

Last servicing is not that impt for me that is...

it works that way ONLY if you were to service after buying
            wow 40 yrs? cool which model is that?

btw, after buying, how much to pay for 1 time servicing? I very worried they tell you this have to change, that ave to change then add up a few thousand....then might as well buy brand new?
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

wow 40 yrs? cool which model is that?

btw, after buying, how much to pay for 1 time servicing? I very worried they tell you this have to change, that ave to change then add up a few thousand....then might as well buy brand new?
              1601-4 Datejust

I serviced outside...about 1 yr ago...Nothing much so just cleaning up and stuff cost me $150...

From RSC is about $400

Comment

hmm so meaning that if i purchase a SD U series at say 6k, i need to be prepared the whole thing will cost me 6.4k correct?

Comment

hmm so meaning that if i purchase a SD U series at say 6k, i need to be prepared the whole thing will cost me 6.4k correct?
                  Not neccessary...coz you dun hav to service it wad...u pay $6k for the watch...that's it!

Comment

oh ok thanks for the info.

got a few of those SD for sale without box but with paper.

Can we actually purchase the box? like abit sian when no nice rolex box

Comment

i tink boxes can be bought online..sometimes got ppl in here selling...check it out at the sales forum..paper more impt...hehehe

Comment

oh ok thanks for the info.

got a few of those SD for sale without box but with paper.

Can we actually purchase the box? like abit sian when no nice rolex box
                        Can purchase the box...not a problem

Comment

ask D.A to sell you his box lor..hehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            ask D.A to sell you his box lor..hehehe...
                            I got 1 spare box my dealer gave me hehehe...

Comment

hehehe..can take referral fee from you if the sale go thru?hahahahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X