No announcement yet.

Guide : Buying Rolex in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this shop called "Quark", you can get directions from your hotel reception, as there are quite a few branches in Tokyo. Be sure to ask them to get you a Japanese map printout from the internet, so that you can use that to ask for directions while on the road.

You are likely to get a good deal by the mere fact that you will get tax refund as a tourist. Bring along your passport to shop, the tax refund will be offset against the price of the watch at the shop itself. To get the best deals you will need to pay cash, rather than credit card.

Comment

Much thanks Hary and Reborn. Your replies infer that it's better to get the watches in Japan? So should i just buy the watches from Singapore or get them at Japan?

The website in Japanese...but i deduce that the prices stated are list price and selling prices...

Comment

The prices are cheaper there

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Try Nagano.
          People & Life Are Like Push-Up Bra. They Often Parade Themselves With A False Sense Of Being & Confidence. The Underlying Truth Are Often Much Less Tantalizing. - Benjamin L

Comment

I've had another friend of mine recommend BigCamera, Yodobashi-Camera and Sakuraya.

Any idea if they are authorised dealers? I would not want to end up buying a replica for my first rollie...ouches. And i may not be pro enuf to discern if it's a replica or not (even after reading all the threads here).

Comment

Originally posted by speedster View Post
              Any idea if they are authorised dealers? I would not want to end up buying a replica for my first rollie...ouches. And i may not be pro enuf to discern if it's a replica or not (even after reading all the threads here).
              Of course...it doesn't take just reading the threads and tips here to know how to differentiate...there has to be lots of product knowledge, experience with both fakes and originals to be able to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Of course...it doesn't take just reading the threads and tips here to know how to differentiate...there has to be lots of product knowledge, experience with both fakes and originals to be able to tell.
                Ya lor...that's why i am asking if those shops are ADs...else i would rather not take the risk. I handled my friend's replica and then the real deal...main give away was the magnification...the weight was quite close but not so obvious as it was a boy size

Comment

Ya lor...that's why i am asking if those shops are ADs...else i would rather not take the risk. I handled my friend's replica and then the real deal...main give away was the magnification...the weight was quite close but not so obvious as it was a boy size
                  Well...there's more than just the magnification..haha...but I cannot really explain in words...it's just the feel..haha

Comment

Yes, but with a caveat

Much thanks Hary and Reborn. Your replies infer that it's better to get the watches in Japan? So should i just buy the watches from Singapore or get them at Japan?

The website in Japanese...but i deduce that the prices stated are list price and selling prices...
                    a) Important to buy from reputable seller, because just like anywhere, there would also be bad eggs even in Japan. So safer to get from large shops.

b) Need to do homework on prices before you go there

c) New and under warranty ok, but used can be tricky, because you can go back to the shop in Singapore if something is wrong. If you buy from Japan, not going to fly back just because of a watch.

Comment

Thanks for the advise. The intention is to buy new from Japan if possible and time permits. Unfortunately, the websites mostly list the sports series. The Ladies and Boy size dun seem to feature much. Wife is keen on the 178274...

Comment

Thanks for the advise. The intention is to buy new from Japan if possible and time permits. Unfortunately, the websites mostly list the sports series. The Ladies and Boy size dun seem to feature much. Wife is keen on the 178274...
                        My suggestion is...look for the type of dial,bezel,bracelet etc she wants...then go there and check

Comment

Yup..quite certain on what she wants liao.. white dial with brilliants, TT or jub bracelet, bezel...hmm not sure yet but cannot be smooth surface type as she is quite rough one..

As for me...exp II looks quite nice and attractively priced to me. IF i can find a sub/SD at a good price, i'll probably get one.

Wonder if there is any chance of getting a new GMT II?

Comment

Try this chain called "Evance"

This is the company that uses Brad Pitt as its model for its advertisements. They are in Shibuya and Ginza. Tel is: 03-5728 7300 - opens from 10 am to 8pm in the evening. The link:

http://www.evance.co.jp/webcatalog/l...?sct=used&bl=1

I have been to the shop, they sell both new and used.
                            Last edited by Reborn; 18-08-08, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Yup..quite certain on what she wants liao.. white dial with brilliants, TT or jub bracelet, bezel...hmm not sure yet but cannot be smooth surface type as she is quite rough one..

As for me...exp II looks quite nice and attractively priced to me. IF i can find a sub/SD at a good price, i'll probably get one.

Wonder if there is any chance of getting a new GMT II?
                              For her...I guess...this is a nice 1

Silver Computer dial...very very classy I would say

Possible I would say. Wait..which GMT II? The 16710 or the 116710?

Comment

veri nice, can't be wrong

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X