Guide : Buying Rolex in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible. where is pet? maybe he can give the right advice
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=826
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        possible. where is pet? maybe he can give the right advice
        wow .. not me leh, me only consumer... actually hor, lotsa watch trading bros ( if they admit they 1 ) sure got kantao in jp 1.... these ppl can recommend best cos guess jp one of their sourcing playground. but of cos trade secret, we all end user hor wont get the source.

jst try to find some website + their location, go there bargain nuts out. Make sure can get tax refund ( jst like spore, not all store got tax refund, esp those preown )

Comment

thanks for the links and advise ppl .. i newbie .. only know rolex leh .. seems most of the places in the link sell other high end brands which i have never even heard b4 .. haha ..

but as a guesstimate .. you guys think it will be cheaper to get in Japan than in Singapore ?

Comment

Originally posted by lolex_king View Post
            thanks for the links and advise ppl .. i newbie .. only know rolex leh .. seems most of the places in the link sell other high end brands which i have never even heard b4 .. haha ..

but as a guesstimate .. you guys think it will be cheaper to get in Japan than in Singapore ?
            After tax refund..yes...PET can confirm he got his LV quite cheap

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

as end user/ consumer:
              Jp Dept store AD - no discount.. so u lookie look for those models sg AD add premium or no discount 1 loh. major dept got tax refund.

Other AD - should be able to bargain, but language problem. So normal less hot model, buy in sg.

Than of cos, u got bros who's into watch 1, ask him kaisiow dealer to u loh... best...hee

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              After tax refund..yes...PET can confirm he got his LV quite cheap
              My LV works out to be $8137 Nett ( basket, lousy amex convertion ) ... not really cheap lah, ok price. least beat the hussle at local AD...
              Last edited by pet; 14-01-08, 10:44 PM.

Comment

simi is LV ??
                i am thinking of getting explorer 2 ..
                so after tax refund should be cheaper ?
                what's the price like for an explorer 2 .. new ??
                pre owned is high 4k to 5k ??

Comment

simi is LV ??

anniversary sub with green bezel

LV = Lunette Verde
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

simi is LV ??
                    i am thinking of getting explorer 2 ..
                    so after tax refund should be cheaper ?
                    what's the price like for an explorer 2 .. new ??
                    pre owned is high 4k to 5k ??
                    here's some prices of rolex in jp ( all prices inclusive of 5% tax ). all brand new. Got it from a jp website... u can agar the price. most big store can get the 5% back.

16570 ex2 blk 408K yen, white 398k yen.
                    16610lv 628K yen
                    16610 508k yen
                    16600 SD 459k yen
                    16613 sub tt blue 648k
                    16613 sub tt blk 688k
                    116710 gmt2 714k

LV ... see post #1105 at this link
                    http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=291&page=111

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                      16570 ex2 blk 408K yen, white 398k yen.
                      16610lv 628K yen
                      16610 508k yen
                      16600 SD 459k yen
                      16613 sub tt blue 648k
                      16613 sub tt blk 688k
                      116710 gmt2 714k
                      Seems to be cheaper than SG in general
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                        Seems to be cheaper than SG in general
                        i think some models cheaper thn sg. those prices are discounted price before tax refund. i think those sport model cheaper there thn jp... sg AD usually dont gv much discount.

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                          i think some models cheaper thn sg. those prices are discounted price before tax refund. i think those sport model cheaper there thn jp... sg AD usually dont gv much discount.
                          true. did you check out the pre-owned market? got lobang for pre-owned pcs? Japan is indeed one of the good playgrounds to source for watches. Another one in Asia is probably HK
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            true. did you check out the pre-owned market? got lobang for pre-owned pcs? Japan is indeed one of the good playgrounds to source for watches. Another one in Asia is probably HK
                            if not wrong, jp = the biggest market for swiss watch ( not jst asia but world ) ..

no lobang leh, i know quite alot of dealer source frm there, if got lobang shiok leh... i think overall sport model eg. sub, exp2 should b cheaper there.

would luv to go lookie look for those big retailer if got time.

Comment

Advisory : Buying Rolex in Japan (Tokyo)

Hi,

I'm a total newbie here. Firstly i must say that this is a great forum and i am gald that i have been reading up here before making any purchases.

I'm looking to buy a rollie for my wifey and also considering to buy one for myself as well. So far, we have had a look around at THG and passion. wifey still prefers the SS dress watches (wif the brilliants) while i like the YM and SD. The daytona is out of my league atm. As these will be our first rollies, we kinda prefer to buy it new (although I'm not as biased). Budget is around 10k per watch. We managed to obtain a discount of 19% for a watch that my wifey is interested in. The model is 178274 and it's 8.6k after discount. I think there is a same one for sale by one of the bros as well for 6.9k.

We will be making a trip up to Japan early next month. It seems that it would be possible to get some better deals there or perhaps at the DFS in Singapore or Japan?

Would really appreciate your kind advise if better deals can be had in Japan. If so, would any kind souls reveal where a good reputable AD would be in Tokyo area? I searched the rolex website and it only lists the equivalent of RSC in Tokyo.

Much Thanks!

Comment

The easiest would be going to discount stores like Yodobashi Camera or BicCamera to check their prices. You will find them easily in Tokyo.

You can also check this store

http://www2.jackroad.co.jp/index.html
                                [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                                [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                                [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                                [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                                [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                                [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X