Guide : Buying Rolex in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aisheng View Post
    my guess is selling price at 1,270,000yen, its above the recommended retail price.. the watch might be very popular/rare and you have to pay a premium above the RRP for it..
    Hmmm kind of confused, i believe these websites should be grey seller, 1270000 yen converted also about sgd $15600+ then i was wondering which part of japan is selling "cheaper than sgd" rolex?

I have been reading alot of posts here, so far the influence is HK is cheap, Jap is cheap because of the currency but based on a few website, it seems like the price they are selling doesn't looks cheap leh... unless can bargain for 5-10% discount on spot..

Perhaps any bro can enlighten me

Comment

In Japan, it works totally different from Singapore and many parts of the world. There is absolutely no BARGAINING on the price. I believe this works for anything they sell in Japan. Their culture is fixed price and take it or leave it. Singaporeans are different, we love to bargain but it just won't work in Japan. I went Japan couple of yrs back and their prices for watches are not cheap, coupled with the fact of no bargaining allowed. I think the cheapest prices you can get are in Hong Kong. There are tons of watch shops around and their variety and stock level are crazy. Most importantly, they are always open to bargaining.

Comment

Originally posted by saber View Post
        Any bro here can help. Copied this from housekihiroba.jp, there is also many other website that have similar price tag.

販売価格 1,270,000円(税込)
        参考定価 1,123,200円(税込)

When i google translate it became:

Selling price 1,270,000 yen (tax included)
        Reference Price 1,123,200 yen (tax included)

So exactly what price is the website selling? Different people can interpret it differently, any bro with experience can share share? Thanks.
        For popular models eg sub c, hulk, grey prices are higher than retail prices. Try your luck at the ADs, sometimes u may find these models in stock.
        elusive

Comment

Originally posted by jaegerman View Post
          In Japan, it works totally different from Singapore and many parts of the world. There is absolutely no BARGAINING on the price. I believe this works for anything they sell in Japan. Their culture is fixed price and take it or leave it. Singaporeans are different, we love to bargain but it just won't work in Japan. I went Japan couple of yrs back and their prices for watches are not cheap, coupled with the fact of no bargaining allowed. I think the cheapest prices you can get are in Hong Kong. There are tons of watch shops around and their variety and stock level are crazy. Most importantly, they are always open to bargaining.
          Well said bro, thanks. Will try HK then

Comment

Originally posted by jaegerman View Post
            well said..! and you are absolutely right on the bargaining part. Japan is no longer cheap plus the fact that they don't give discount SGP ADs have been giving good discount nowadays. Maybe they have eaten the humble pie, no business from the locals so giving good discount now! plus if you manage the tax thingy... you know.. friends from overseas... you know... LOL... it will come down to quite a fair bit off the MSRP!

Comment

Japan AD - Is it cheaper than SG?

I'm heading to Japan (Tokyo). Is it cheaper to get in Japan than in SG?

Comment

Originally posted by Adele View Post
                I'm heading to Japan (Tokyo). Is it cheaper to get in Japan than in SG?
                Yes, cheaper than SGP ADs but not a lot cheaper than the watch dealers here, and about the same price as some of the bros selling in this forum...

And if you are really bend on buying there, do remember to bring along your passport...
                Last edited by shou.biao.kuang; 09-07-14, 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Anyone bought rolex from an grey dealer named Ginzo before? They have few outlets in japan and if buying japn local set from them, the shop need to send the registration card to rolex centre and will only mail the official warranty card to Spore in few weeks time, is it safe to do so? Thks for any advice. Cheers!

Comment

now rolex watches all use new G Card... they will swipe the g card to any credit card machine..then it will be immediately capture into Geneva system... so i doubt the part of them sending reg card to rolex center.
                    Originally posted by evo30 View Post
                    Anyone bought rolex from an grey dealer named Ginzo before? They have few outlets in japan and if buying japn local set from them, the shop need to send the registration card to rolex centre and will only mail the official warranty card to Spore in few weeks time, is it safe to do so? Thks for any advice. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by slinzx View Post
                      now rolex watches all use new G Card... they will swipe the g card to any credit card machine..then it will be immediately capture into Geneva system... so i doubt the part of them sending reg card to rolex center.
                      That's exactly what the local AD did, when purchased my watch.
                      Sure large amount of money, don't take high risk. Buy with comfort..

Comment

Originally posted by evo30 View Post
                        How about prices of Japan ADs..?

Comment

Try this, www.kame-kichi.com
                          They operate in Toyko.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoocow View Post
                            Try this, www.kame-kichi.com
                            They operate in Toyko.
                            Yup Kame-Kichi is fantastic so is Jack Road...btw there are both in the same mall in nakano.

Comment

if buy in japn i will get from grey
                              since we in oversea there is no diff locl AD or grey

btw grey market is 100% legal in japan

due to weaken yen watch is cheapest i would say for grey market
                              last time i tot korea is cheapest

4 big grey shop in japan:

1.Jackroad http://www.jackroad.co.jp
                              2.http://www.kame-kichi.com
                              3. My Watch:http://www.mywatch.co.jp
                              4. 宝石広場 http://housekihiroba.jp

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...