Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Links

Hi,

Do Rolex AD like Hourglass / Sincere charge for removing links from Rolex purchased overseas?

Any idea how much it will costs or any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Jam

Originally posted by jam View Post
    Hi,

Do Rolex AD like Hourglass / Sincere charge for removing links from Rolex purchased overseas?

Any idea how much it will costs or any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Jam
    Yeah..i am interested to know too..

Comment

Removing links? Do you mean resizing the bracelets? If yes, then it is free, whether the ROLEX watch is bought locally or overseas. If not, you can also do it FOC at the ROLEX Service Centre, Orchard Road.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

There is a chemical called loctite that makes it very difficult to remove the links
        Better get the AD to help you unscrew

Comment

Thanks guys . Appreciate it.

Got it done at Hourglass Rolex. 5 mins

Jam

Comment

Any watch screwdriver shld be able to. Dun need go shop n change..

Comment

Ya I resize mine myself as well. Just take note to put sticker and not to scratch the links.

Comment

If you are doing it for the first time, please send it to RSC..it's FOC, and avoid any heartache. The loctite used on the screws, fresh from the factory, makes the screws very tight. Even experienced hands can sometimes slip, scratching the polished sides (even if it is protected with cellophane tape), or, if the tip of screwdriver used is worn off, the smooth screw wedge lines could be damaged due to excessive force in unscrewing or tightening the screws.

Comment

Just need a head that is not too small.

First time always tighter and need more force to screw.

Subsequently be looser.

Take some care and damage is none.

If its permanent link. Go RSC.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Am I right to say that bringing it to normal watch shop is a risk?

Comment

If the screw is tight with loctite heat it with warm flame to loosen it

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                      Just need a head that is not too small.

First time always tighter and need more force to screw.

Subsequently be looser.

Take some care and damage is none.

If its permanent link. Go RSC.

Comment

Originally posted by YCK View Post
                        Am I right to say that bringing it to normal watch shop is a risk?
                        first define risk. there's a risk of scratching however you do it (even at RSC).

there's a real risk of being charged at some shops but free at RSC and some ADs.

but at RSC you risk having to waste a lot more time. at the AD you risk getting told to go to RSC.

at home you risk not having the right tool and confidence to unscrew and size the bracelet.

so you go out to seek shops/ADs/RSC that can do the job for you. rinse, lather, repeat.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

the sea dweller screw driver is the perfect size. anything else (except for RSC/rolex resize kit screw driver) will have a blade that is thinner than the screw slot - resulting in possible slips.
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

just bring it to any luxury watch shop they will do it for you, as it is a service they have to provide..

Comment

i did it myself, 5 mins job, no big deal. just choose the right size screwdriver from those tiny tool set for adjusting spectacles. the trick is to press down the screwdriver firmly before turning so that it won't slip and scratch the bracelet (or your finger).

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X