Rolex Sub vs Grand Seiko (GS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Sub vs Grand Seiko (GS)

Rolex is the watch most people will put their money where their mouth is!
    Seiko has been a watch known for it's quality and low price entry level watch for most people over the years.

However Seiko has been quietly upgrading their quality of the watch to match the "Swiss" but these so called top quality watch are not mean for export, is branded as "JDM" maybe too shy to compete against big time Rolex in these region.

These Top Quality Jap watch doesn't come cheap Prospex Spring drive 600m cost USD3k, Seiko GS ceramic cost USD5K or more.
    I like the rugged look of the Prospex Spring Drive 600m, definitely can compete in term of presentation and look. These are sold at nett price,
    importer probably can give you 10% off.

See for yourself attached pictures of the watch, for those who know about this watch, my apologies for long winded.

Just want to share some of my interest in this watch.

cheers
    Attached Files

Can't see the pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      Can't see the pictures...
      nodnod
      走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
      没有爱情的人是否会长命
      坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
      究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
      没有人能了解我 现在的心情
      想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

Please host pics on photobucket or imageshack thanks!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Huat are Chiu trying to say ?

Comment

Originally posted by Redsub View Post
            Rolex is the watch most people will put their money where their mouth is!
            Seiko has been a watch known for it's quality and low price entry level watch for most people over the years.

However Seiko has been quietly upgrading their quality of the watch to match the "Swiss" but these so called top quality watch are not mean for export, is branded as "JDM" maybe too shy to compete against big time Rolex in these region.

These Top Quality Jap watch doesn't come cheap Prospex Spring drive 600m cost USD3k, Seiko GS ceramic cost USD5K or more.
            I like the rugged look of the Prospex Spring Drive 600m, definitely can compete in term of presentation and look. These are sold at nett price,
            importer probably can give you 10% off.

See for yourself attached pictures of the watch, for those who know about this watch, my apologies for long winded.

Just want to share some of my interest in this watch.

cheers
            you meant these:

Grand Seiko Spring Drive GMT SBGE001

SEIKO Prospex 600M Diver Spring Drive SBDB001

Grand Seiko Automatic GMTSBGM001

Seiko has ramped up its high end, capable of producing well executed movements like in the Credor, especially the Grand Sonnerie.

This particular piece has a limited production run of 5 years only with a porcelain dial and a unusual bridge. Metal is platinum and cost slightly over 5.5 million JPY. Enjoy!

There are also the Izul and Galante, also considered high end pieces. The Galante chrono cost JPY 840,000

Comment

Rather interestingly, I am after a GMT SBGE001 to complement my own GMTs. See the numbers on the bezel? They are lumed and glow in the dark... rolex has not done that since the old radium-painted GMT 6542.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4...ge001vian8.jpg
              http://larrybiggs.net/scwf/images/co...4fda79ae2e.jpg

The bezel is ceramic, like the rolex GMT 116710.

Comparison w/16710: http://larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php...&id=1196294251
              (thanks Larry.)

Thong Sia's list price: About S$10,200. Street price, about S$8200.
              Last edited by keltzar; 20-03-09, 12:43 AM.

Comment

you mean rolexs GMT bezel is ceramic, like the seikos..

Comment

I won't put my money on Seiko

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                  SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                  SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                  SS SD,
                  SS YM,
                  SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

why not? they still make quality watches, that i feel are justifed. of course if recognition and prestige is what you are after, you wont buy jap in the first place.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      why not? they still make quality watches, that i feel are justifed. of course if recognition and prestige is what you are after, you wont buy jap in the first place.
                      But, is their after sale services as good as Rolex's?

I had bad servicing experiences with Swatch. After reading many articles from this forum and other forums, it is one of the deciding factor for me to go for Rolex instead of chasing other brands. I'm now trusting the amount paid for is worth it
                      Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

seiko lover

u wan to sell your spring drive GMT? hehe..

Comment

read somewhere (either timezone or WUS) that certain seiko grand pieces are hand assembled and can cost an arm and a leg.

in any instance, this is a good thread to raise the awareness of Grand Seiko. Personally I won't buy any GS pieces/seikos at this juncture. still aim for the good old rollie brand and of late i hv been bitten by the citizen promaster series.it's abt the only quartz watch that i'll ever buy to add to my irresponsible hobby.
                          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                          "Foreign affections"
                          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                          What's NEXT?

Comment

The SBGM001 is an Explorer II look-alike. List Price: 472500yen (US$5135)
                            The SBGE001 is an GMT Master II look-alike. List Price: 577588yen (US$6277)

Read that Japanese spec is +5/-3 sec/day which is stricter than the Swiss spec of +6/-4 sec/day.

Just wonder how much discount one can get if shopping in person in Tokyo.
                            Anyone knows?
                            I will be there 3 weeks time on business.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X