Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting GMT Master II in SG or EU

Hi all,

Just went to AD today and is considering getting a BNIB GMT Master II with Ceramic Bezel.

Retailed at slightly more than $10K, and worst still no discount at all.

I will be going Europe this coming June, was thinking to hold on to the purchase till then.

Anyone can advise how much will it be over in Europe and how much cheaper in general?

Thanks in advance.

Which is the cheapest country (SG/EU/Dubai) to Purchase GMT II

Hi all,

Just went to AD today and is considering getting a BNIB GMT Master II with Ceramic Bezel.

Retailed at slightly more than $10K, and worst still no discount at all.

I will be going Europe (London/Swiss/France/Amsterdam) and also Dubai this coming June, was thinking to hold on to the purchase till then.

Anyone can advise how much will it be over in Europe or Dubai and how much cheaper in general?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Other than RRP set by Rolex Inc, final pricing is very dependant on many factors and your connections ...
      if the price variance is minimal like less than S$100, my personal perference will be to purchase locally so as to support our local economy ...

i recalled seeing BNIB GMT2C full package of boxes/papers/2yr intl warranty etc being displayed at S$8950 in dec2012 in a reseller's shop ... i guess probably sold by now ... this shall be your base price to work on when u chanced to be in europe ... this is just my 2c worth of thinking based on my imperfect understanding of topic under discussion purpose ONLY.

Comment

Thanks for all valuable advice!

I will be traveling to Europe (Swiss/London/France/Amsterdam) as well as Dubai
        So hope that over these countries, able to grab a good buy!

Hope to hear more from the Gurus!

Comment

Switzerland or Amsterdam will be better bet for range and language. Typically about 5-10% savings over local based on weak Euro, VAT rebate and local 7% GST and more if you deal in cash. The VAT rebate is most critical and you need to ensure you get it. Also be wary on your return on how you bring your goods in as there is limit on free-GST for overseas purchase.

Comment

Usually no discount on sports models, whether in Sgp or in Swiss.
            After tax rebate, it is slightly cheaper in Swiss than Sgp AD retail prices.

I've a GMT bought in Swiss, pretty mint condition, for sale if you are interested

Comment

IMHO & 2 cents worth of comment: unless one is going over to Europe for hols/biz trip & hav heaps of time 2 shop ard, then by all means get it in Europe aft checking out the best overall deal. Otherwise, why bother to spend x'tra airfare, might as well get it in SGP local ADs?

Rolex owner since 2010
              Previously owned:
              Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
              GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
              Current collection:
              Datejust 36(116234) V serial
              GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
              Upcoming/Wishlist:
              "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

i got mine abt 8800 in sg.

Comment