Tudor Black Bay new vs Rolex Explorer II pre-owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tudor Black Bay new vs Rolex Explorer II pre-owned

Hi all. I am thinking to acquire another watch with a budget and have narrowed down to these two choices:

1. New Tudor Black Bay 79220R bracelet, about $4.2k

2. Pre-owned Rolex Explorer II 16570 F (2003), abt $5.5k

I am not really an avid collector of watches but after hanging around here at SG ROC for a month, I have kinda caught the bug. Lol.

However, I have never bought any pre-owned watches in my life, thus my reservation and resistance.

If you were me, which would be your choice? Hoping to hear some views here; I know a lot of you are watch collectors and experts. Looking for "value" and "bang for buck", for lack of better words, if you know what I mean. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Rolex E2 if you don't have a Rolex sports model yet. If you get a well taken care model, I don't think will be an issue. Just get it verified to be sure and get a peace of mind. After all, the new E2 cost double. I too started with a A series and so far so good.

After I got my first one then I went looking for other brands.. But that's just me. Of course it's always better to get new, however what I like about getting a pre-loved model are the price and the fact your watch don't depreciate as much as a new one.
    case in point, my A series still can sell about the same price I paid for it, but I loose about 20% on my new subC if I sell it.

Comment

Tudor Black bay - Never even considered, but that's just me.

Exp2 - Just sold mine in November - V-series bought in 2011 at local AD with full set + receipt for $5850.
      Search hard enough, u will find V series 2010/11 for around my selling price. Go for Rolex as your first, you won't regret.

Comment

Agree, go with Rolex Exp2. I also started with a pre-owned Exp2 F series (white) last yr and been enjoying it, although i've also caught the bug and go on to own a few other brands. its suitable as a daily beater as its rugged. cannot go wrong.

Comment

If you don't have many other watches, go for the Rolex.... I believe the Black Bay fever will come down when supply catches up demand.
          My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
          Rolex Submariner 16610
          Rolex Submariner 116610
          Rolex Date 1550
          IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
          IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
          Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
          Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
          Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
          Seiko Sumo SBDC001
          Seiko Sumo SBDC003
          Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
          Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Thanks all for your replies.

I have a few watches, 8, from Seiko, Skagen, Fossil and Casio. I even have the Submariner lookalike, Invicta Pro Diver 8926. I also have the Omega Seamaster and Tag Heuer Formula 1 from quite a few years ago. My first venture into Rolex luxury was Oyster Datejust 116234 last year.

Comment

Originally posted by lthg25 View Post
              If you don't have many other watches, go for the Rolex.... I believe the Black Bay fever will come down when supply catches up demand.
              exact sentiments...
              elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                exact sentiments...
                Yup start with Rolex and then the poison goes on and u will never stop at 1 Rolex

Comment

You guys are poisonous, man. Lol.

Comment

Rolex explorer2 resale value better than Tudor.

Comment

ROLEX Explorer II
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

This is a Rolex forum after all. I kinda expected the answer. Lol.

I suppose I need a push to kick my reservations off from buying a pre-owned. That's the biggest obstacle I suppose. And of course the budget.

Comment

"8888"......

Comment

What is important is to stay within your budget...
                            I stay within my budget n bought a PELAGOS instead of the SUB...
                            The SUB can come later this year when my pocket is deeper... my 2 cents

Comment

Exp2 anytime...
                              Current:
                              No More Liao...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X