Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it common to have '++plus' seconds after just a week of time synchronize?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it common to have '++plus' seconds after just a week of time synchronize?

As per title.

I have an explorer II 16570 2008 version.
    Had previously fixed my time according to my iPhone.
    But it seem that my watch cannot "keep up" to my iPhone time.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Maybe...but I just assumed that iPhone's 'time' is always accurate as it is synch with current time.
    Even though I am not that particular for exact precision, it makes me wonder if my watch is spoiled or not.

Comment

Your Rolex watches is subjected to COSC testing standard which require the watch to have a accuracy of +6/-4 per 24hr. So as long as the different is within the stimulated time range, it should be alright... Cheers
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
        Your Rolex watches is subjected to COSC testing standard which require the watch to have a accuracy of +6/-4 per 24hr. So as long as the different is within the stimulated time range, it should be alright... Cheers
        I'm also looking for this answer,peace my mind abit.
        Mine adds a 5second in 24hrs,but my another piece doesn't.
        Since its normal, then it's ok. Was thinking of sending in.

Anyone has a link/website for exact time?
        Thanks,if inconvenient to post here,can pm me.
        [SIZE=5][COLOR="#008000"][FONT=Century Gothic]Rolex[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000FF"]AN[/COLOR]-series 116613 [COLOR="#0000FF"]LB[/COLOR]
        AN-series 116713 LN
        [B]G[/B]-series 116710 LN
        [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]M[/COLOR][/B]-series 16610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]
        [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]G[/COLOR][/B]-series 116610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]

Comment

And btw it means it will add another 5 seconds after another 24hrs?
          So after a few days/weeks, it will has a few extra minute on the watch?

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

Originally posted by FirstAugust View Post
            And btw it means it will add another 5 seconds after another 24hrs?
            So after a few days/weeks, it will has a few extra minute on the watch?
            Yes... As long as it's within the standard, it should be fine... But if off standard, you can bring it to RSC to have it regulated as it's free within the warranty period... Cheers
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

Thanks for the reply,glad it's normal.
              Where do u guys syn the timing from may I ask?

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

i use time.gov

the hours doesn't matter. i use the minutes as a reference. the website shows the lag time too, between the atomic time and the time displayed on the website on your screen.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Same issue i got for both my DJ & ExpII but it doesn't bother me much, unless a huge diff of +/-5 mins or more overtime. If so, i would consider bringing them for service at RSC?

Rolex owner since 2010
                  Previously owned:
                  Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                  GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                  Current collection:
                  Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                  GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                  Upcoming/Wishlist:
                  "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Hi guys, Im relatively confused to this. Would appreciate some help My sub is 'losing time', at rate of about -10s per 24 hrs.

Does this COSC thing mean it adds up..meaning -70s after a week? Also, how long would a regulation at RSC take? Thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Crash84 View Post
                      Hi guys, Im relatively confused to this. Would appreciate some help My sub is 'losing time', at rate of about -10s per 24 hrs.

Does this COSC thing mean it adds up..meaning -70s after a week? Also, how long would a regulation at RSC take? Thanx!
                      A week under COSC should be -24se. Regulating will take at most 20min, but the waiting for your watch to be regulated can be pretty long as it's depend on the crowd that day. Cheers
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Thanx Newbie09!

Comment

Originally posted by Crash84 View Post

Does this COSC thing mean it adds up..meaning -70s after a week?
                          further clarification is needed:

COSC specifies a daily average of -4 seconds TO +6 seconds.

this doesn't necessarily mean the result of (-4) seconds X 7 days for one week.

depending on your wear pattern/lifestyle, a self-winding watch may go faster or quicker at different times during the day (and this is normal).

when i wear a rolex only during day time (eg, 8AM - 8PM), it runs a little different from when i wear it 24 hours.

HOWEVER having said that, rolex watches in good serviced condition should run stable. if you lead a normal regular lifestyle and wear the watch consistently (for whatever number of hours everyday), it should be about the same +/- daily.

only then would it mean about -70s/week and a sign of a healthy movement. it's not a good sign if it yo-yos.

regulating a rolex can be actually quite precise if you know how it works. the microstella screws on the balance allows for very precise (1 *OR* 2 seconds) adjustment.

adjustment tolerance is +/-150s (3xxx) and if it falls outside that range, your watch probably needs a service quite badly.
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Hi, as for me I'm quite particular that a quality Swiss watch like Rolex should be keeping good time, as least within the COSC spec of
                            -4/+6 secs over a 24 hr period. If its within the warranty period I would definitely send it in to RSC for re-calibration as its FOC. Unless you are not particular about your watch accuracy and choose to adjust your minute hand once every other week.

Comment

hi everyone here, actually i would like to know how each of you here measure your time accuracy? over a period of time? or every 24 hrs? for my sub LN, i lost 80s over 3 weeks..i didnt wear it daily but wind the watch daily as i do not have a watch winder..not sure if this lost of time governs a service at RSC...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X