Replacement plexi glass for 1680 sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement plexi glass for 1680 sub

Hi guys, anyone knows what the replacement plexi would look like if I send my 1680 to Rolex centre for servicing and changing the plexi?

I heard the replacement is not as high as the original one.

It would be great if someone could post pics of the replacement plexi on a 1680. Both top and side view.

Also, can any bros advise where to get a good or accurate replacement plexi (preferably original rolex one which was meant for the 1680)for 1680 apart from RSC? (This can be by PM if appropriate)

Thanks in advance!

Replacement plexi glass for 1680 sub

Hi guys, anyone knows what the replacement plexi would look like if I send my 1680 to Rolex centre for servicing and changing the plexi?

I heard the replacement is not as high as the original one.

It would be great if someone could post pics of the replacement plexi on a 1680. Both top and side view.

Also, can any bros advise where to get a good or accurate replacement plexi (preferably original rolex one which was meant for the 1680)for 1680 apart from RSC? (This can be by PM if appropriate)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

my suggestion is you call RSC and make an inquiry if there is still parts available for what you looking for and price if they got stock.

then you can decide your next course of action.

personally I would not go to RSC for reasons I shall not disclose openly

you may like to pm moderator caeden for assistance. an alternative member to contact is KuchingKu.

do understand that they may or may not be able to assist you in the way you want
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks triton. I checked with RSC already and they said they no longer have the parts.

Anyway, a forum member has kindly helped me with it. Thanks!

Comment

a lot of fake "NOS" tropics and cyclopes out there... also there was a reason why rolex updated the design of the crystal (127).

but the most visible difference is the bevel. if you're after the straight up top hat look, you will need the old crystal. they are both similar in height if the bevel makes no difference to you.

if you're gonna use a "NOS" crystal, i would make it stay away from water. acrylic degrades with time and micro cracks can cause a bad seal.

whatever the case, i hope you didn't pay too much for a crystal. any crystal. the crystal you want for peace of mind is rolex part number B25-127 with RFID label. emanuele (dr b @ VRM) has them from time to time for US$200++.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

hihi , any idea what is a reasonable price to pay for a 5513 NOS original rolex T19 tropic dome crystal (sealed in plastic clear box with the words "original" on the RFID sticker)?? ANd what is the part number that I should be aware of on the RFID label??

Comment

hihi anybody pls?

Originally posted by doink View Post
              hihi , any idea what is a reasonable price to pay for a 5513 NOS original rolex T19 tropic dome crystal (sealed in plastic clear box with the words "original" on the RFID sticker)?? ANd what is the part number that I should be aware of on the RFID label??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X