Links is equal in size?nope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links is equal in size?nope?

Resize my gmt2c to fit my wrist when I bought it BNIB.
    Found it quite tight thus return to AD to add a link.
    After its done,the place where they add the link is hard to move n it seems smaller.

Return to AD again to ask,they told me they fix wrongly, used the spare last link to the watch,that's y it's like abit jam. Ask them to take it out instead. N yes, they can see its not 'gam'.Rather it's tight on my wrist than seeing the link jams.

So now I'm wondering the link is all not balance/same?
    As in 'from small to smaller'?
    Btw I'm on 5/3, (yes I have small wrist,lol) 4 spare link left.
    [SIZE=5][COLOR="#008000"][FONT=Century Gothic]Rolex[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000FF"]AN[/COLOR]-series 116613 [COLOR="#0000FF"]LB[/COLOR]
    AN-series 116713 LN
    [B]G[/B]-series 116710 LN
    [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]M[/COLOR][/B]-series 16610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR="#2e8b57"]G[/COLOR][/B]-series 116610 [COLOR="#2e8b57"]LV[/COLOR]

Maybe needs a Vernier caliper to measure it to confirm it.

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

was the bracelet after bought?

can resize marginally @ the clasps. not necessarily add link.

when you say quite hard to the link, are you referring that the section between 2 links or otherwise.

when AD say fix wrongly, what is fix wrongly? can elaborate?

how many links is on the bracelet?

are you referring to the last link to the bracelet?

ideally, why not post a picture of the bracelet and the link(s) and/or section you are referring to so that other members can advise you further.

if the size of each removable link is different, you can approach RSC for assistance.

Originally posted by FirstAugust View Post

Resize my gmt2c to fit my wrist when I bought it BNIB.
      Found it quite tight thus return to AD to add a link.

After its done,the place where they add the link is hard to move n it seems smaller.

Return to AD again to ask,they told me they fix wrongly, used the spare last link to the watch,that's y it's like abit jam. Ask them to take it out instead. N yes, they can see its not 'gam'.Rather it's tight on my wrist than seeing the link jams.

So now I'm wondering the link is all not balance/same?
      As in 'from small to smaller'?
      Btw I'm on 5/3, (yes I have small wrist,lol) 4 spare link left.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

was the bracelet after bought? (After bought? I bought it brand new at THG.)

can resize marginally @ the clasps. not necessarily add link. (they removed 4 link when I bought the watch,exact tight fit.)

when you say quite hard to the link, are you referring that the section between 2 links or otherwise. (as in all the links can be fold easily/smoothly,the piece added can't.)

when AD say fix wrongly, what is fix wrongly? can elaborate? (another person at AD told me they fitted the last link to it.)

how many links is on the bracelet? (5on top,3below. After add 1 link is 6on top,3below)

are you referring to the last link to the bracelet? (the person told me they added the last of the spare link to it to the 4th link on top.)

ideally, why not post a picture of the bracelet and the link(s) and/or section you are referring to so that other members can advise you further. (I had already told them to make it back to the first time I bought it,didn't take a pic then.)

Thus was thinking whether the links is all balanced/same..????

if the size of each removable link is different, you can approach RSC for assistance.

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
          not quite sure what you mean but removable links ARE of equal size as far as i know.
          there is no reason that the can fit it wrongly. it's too simple.
          you can do it yourself within minutes too.

unless AD so silly as to fit it upside down???

They told me otherwise,says it small to smaller n they added the smallest piece wrongly that's y will jam abit.

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

All removable links are the same size.
            You can swop them back to front, upper bracelet to lower bracelet, and they will fit.
            Non removable links increase in size as it gets nearer to the case.

Removable links are 16mm across just like original Rolex straps which are 20mm lug and 16mm at the buckle.

I just can't understand how it can be fitted wrongly.....
            Yes that's what I thought too,(all removable link is same) but they say they fit the last(smallest link)to the non removable link, can actually see the different if u looks carefully..it's smaller..n it jams slightly as in cant fold totally.
            Hope u gets what I meant..English not very gd..haha

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

The other thing is regarding number of links.
              A Rolex sports has standard 13links.
              You say you are on 5/3 +4 links , that only makes 12 links.
              One is missing!
              Yes,am on 5/3 with 4 removable link left..total 12 including those links that can't be remove..
              So I'm 1 link missing? Damn it. Anyway I don't think there will be any use if I go back to ask for it.

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

Each link is a few hundred dollars, just fyi
                Does the last link that can be fold to shorten the bracelet considered as 1, if yes then I have 13 total.
                If not,then I have 12 total.

AN-series 116713 LN

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X