Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticking sound in my Rolex...izt normal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticking sound in my Rolex...izt normal???

Hi guys,

Today I hear some ticking sound from my newly bot pre-owned sub when shaked... Initially tot it comes from e bracelet but the tick tick comes from e case when I shake it...

Then I went home to try my explorer2 there is also a ticking sound when I shake it but softer...then I try it on my wife's date just... There is also a tick tick sound when shaked... Both e explorer 2 and my wife's are 1st hand watch...

My wife told me it shld be normal but izt??? do I need to send e watch(pre-owned sub) back to e dealer???

Can give some advise???

Thanks in advance....

Its normal

Comment

first like to know what is the tick tick sound?

second, if you do not feel @ ease, you can consider bringing to RSC to get them to check or any 3rd party technician that you are comfortable with to get them to check the watches for you.

Originally posted by kt Lim View Post
      Hi guys,

Today I hear some ticking sound from my newly bot pre-owned sub when shaked... Initially tot it comes from e bracelet but the tick tick comes from e case when I shake it...

Then I went home to try my explorer2 there is also a ticking sound when I shake it but softer...then I try it on my wife's date just... There is also a tick tick sound when shaked... Both e explorer 2 and my wife's are 1st hand watch...

My wife told me it shld be normal but izt??? do I need to send e watch(pre-owned sub) back to e dealer???

Can give some advise???

Thanks in advance....
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Oh, biz for RSC again. When the service biz is good, the service standards gets bad !!!

Comment

Hmm...my DJ bought 1st hand oso hav a little bit of tick tick sound, most prob normal from the bracelet/crown clasp/rotor inside the casing bah?

Rolex owner since 2010
          Previously owned:
          Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
          GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
          Current collection:
          Datejust 36(116234) V serial
          GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
          Upcoming/Wishlist:
          "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

yup, its normal
            nothing to worry

Originally posted by Matty View Post
            Hmm...my DJ bought 1st hand oso hav a little bit of tick tick sound, most prob normal from the bracelet/crown clasp/rotor inside the casing bah?

Comment

Now that u mentioned, mine have sound too....maybe that's y is rolex...!!!!
              Mayb w/o that ticking sound then we got to be worried...haaa..

Comment

All mechanical watches have ticking sound if I am not wrong.

Comment

recently i send my daytona into RSC to check. I realise when i shake my daytona, this is a also an unusual sound. My wife told me Im too paranoid. Nevertheless send it in, the service auntie also say maybe it's normal because it's different movement. I told them to let the technician have alook.

after half an hour, the technician feedback was my rotor was touching the caseback and my watch was send in for 2 week. getting back from them on monday

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X