Help: LV Submariner Discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SingaporeRolexCentre View Post
    All are rumours. Rolex just introduced Submariner with Green bezel and will still continue to produce. LV model is not a limited edition but just a normal Submariner. As the watch itself have the same model no 16610T engraved on the watch same no as the normal Sub. So what is the different between LV SUB and Black Sub, only the Dial. Soon the price will be the same.

Rolex will only Discon LV Sub unless they introduce a new Sub with Green ceramic bezel. This what happen to GMT Master 2 16710LN(Black Bezel) which discon first after the new ceramic Gmt introduced. This why the 16710LN(BLACK BEZEL) worth more then the 16710BLRO and 16710.

For those who already knews the above details, they will or already sell away their LV Sub. That's why the market suddenly got so many pre-owned LV Sub.
    i dunno much abt supply thing lah, but sometimes these local AD hor like to bull alittle... anyway, 1 thing for sure, if it's hot, it should be worldwide; if it's eg, lv hot only in spore, thn leow, price drop leow.

during my recent trips to jp, (i dont really go out to shop for watch, but usually passby, i see see loh.) abt 3 wks back, pop into a dept store, saw a z series on display. passby a preown shop, got 3 LVs there ( 1 new, 2 preown ), thn hor, jst now i pop into a dept store, got watch fair, i KPO go see, Lv on display was a z series with the new inner bezel "ROLEXROLEXROLEX" engraving. So far, 3 places i go, all got lv. all new pc selling at list, which is 600k ( tax free ) or approx S$8k, almost same list as spore.

still hesitating, to buy or not to buy ??? i am not into making a quick buck, but at times, it feel shiok to buy sometime cheap and appreciate in $$. but see tht LV so easily available in jp hor, got some doubts loh... dunno if it's really a 'worth keep' pc.

wht u bros think?? S$7.9k for a new lv, buy or not ?? was thinking of getting it for to make it a set with my subbie blk... or suggest some better pcs to buy ?

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
      i dunno much abt supply thing lah, but sometimes these local AD hor like to bull alittle... anyway, 1 thing for sure, if it's hot, it should be worldwide; if it's eg, lv hot only in spore, thn leow, price drop leow.

wht u bros think?? S$7.9k for a new lv, buy or not ?? was thinking of getting it for to make it a set with my subbie blk... or suggest some better pcs to buy ?
      yeah. i agree that some dealers like to blow cow. this is to make buyer who has light ears buy watches.

if it is 7900, it is a good price to buy, this is because very close to list liao. at least you not paying the premium. not many people have the opportunity to travel and get some watches are good price.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

As I said before...I think you can buy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

wht u bros think?? S$7.9k for a new lv, buy or not ?? was thinking of getting it for to make it a set with my subbie blk... or suggest some better pcs to buy ?[/QUOTE]

Advise: For investment, don't buy first. Too many in market. If for personal use. Get it with the rolex inner ring engraving one. For investment, look for GMT 1 or 2 or vintage Sub.

Comex 1665, Daytona 6263 Mark I Dial Zenith, Daytona SS 16520 Black Zenith, GMT 1675 Matt Dial, GMT Fatlady 16760, Explorer II 1655 Orange Hand, Submariner 1680 Red, Submariner 5512 Matt, Submariner LV 'M' Series, Submariner 5513 Matt, Omega Seamaster Ltd Ed 007, Cyma Andy Lau's watch.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            in which currency? US or SGD? shipping + insurance included?

if it is in SGD, like i said, it is at least going @ list or premium. i got one Z series @ 5450.
            Ya Bro. I always envy u for the price u paid for yours in Z series. Btw, will there be any differences from Z series and D series?

My GMT II BLRO "D" series was bought off at $6.7K in Sept 07 locally after some hard bargaining and thanks for the advice from Big Bruther, Triton- "GO GET IT"
            Last edited by kermit e froggy; 30-12-07, 10:27 PM.
            the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
              pls lah got colour blind no colour blind oso can see the difference between maxi dial and non maxi dial right........?

unless u blind never read properly i got nothing to say
              Ok guys, what's the maxi dial and non maxi dial that most of u guys are referring???

Thank You

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
              u think i cannot tell the difference between 16610LV and 16610?
              Alright, here's your childhood Froggy who always see "GREEN" on himself all the time and may have hard time to differeniate 16610LV and 16610. Other than 16610LV having Green bezel and 16610 having black bezel. What else did I miss out?

Comment

Originally posted by kermit e froggy View Post
                Ya Bro. I always envy u for the price u paid for yours in Z series. Btw, will there be any differences from Z series and D series?

My GMT II BLRO "D" series was bought off at $6.7K in Sept 07 locally after some hard bargaining and thanks for the advice from Big Bruther, Triton- "GO GET IT"
                D series starts from apr 05 to apr 06
                Z series starts from may06 - jul 07

so if yours is a D series, then it could be that it has been in the shop for say for 17 months after the series ended
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

so if yours is a D series, then it could be that it has been in the shop for say for 17 months after the series ended
                  Ya, was told that a few pcs was found in the inventory after they heard abt the GMT II 16710 being discontinued.

So other that the production letter sets the birth dates. Is there any differences between the two? I only know that earlier Y series has lug holes and I love those especially if there's new ones lying around

Anyway my LOVE for BLRO was a slow process and I jumped into one after I saw this review and the beautiful pictures taken
                  http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/articles/9.html

After buying mine D series,I do wonder why ROLEX did not produced GMT II in white or Ivory dials. Isn't it wonderful if there is???

Or how abt buying one earlier series GMT II BLRO and flip the dial with Exp II white dial. COOL ... but some say Crazy
                  Last edited by kermit e froggy; 30-12-07, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Strange for sports series to have such a long storage time .
                    1675/16610/116234/78240
                    Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                    Hublot BB ASF
                    PAM 104J
                    Sinn 903 H2
                    Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                    U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                    If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

anyway this is a LV sub thread. let's not discuss about BLRO.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by SingaporeRolexCentre View Post
                        This what happen to GMT Master 2 16710LN(Black Bezel) which discon first after the new ceramic Gmt introduced. This why the 16710LN(BLACK BEZEL) worth more then the 16710BLRO and 16710.
                        Sorry everyone, I may rob abit off from the 16610LV thread but I always like to know what makes something more desirable than the others of the same family.
                        Last edited by kermit e froggy; 30-12-07, 10:51 PM.

Comment

anyway this is a LV sub thread. let's not discuss about BLRO.

Comment

You can try Bronze Age in China town for a new Submariner LV.
                            They quoted 8000 for one from Japan, which means that you have to await you visa type warranty card to be posted to you approx one month after the purchase . I cannot recall for sure whether it was a M series as I wasnt focussed on a LV. The quote for a submariner with date, M series, is 7000.

Comment

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
                              They quoted 8000 for one from Japan, which means that you have to await you visa type warranty card to be posted to you approx one month after the purchase . I cannot recall for sure whether it was a M series as I wasnt focussed on a LV. The quote for a submariner with date, M series, is 7000.
                              I bought my Sub LV from them on Aug ( M series ) and the card took 2 weeks to post back to me
                              Next grail >

Comment

Green Sub can be bought for about SGD 7500

Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
                                Look harder, and you will find one. market very soft on these now. 8000 is a bit on the high side.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X