Named / Unnamed Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi TS,

hope you dont mint i hijack your thread.

I bought a preowned 16710 previously with warranty card unstamped by agent, unnamed and undated. Since i have sent for authentication, i dont really bother about the warranty card. Just curious how could this happened?

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by msmurf View Post
      Hi TS,

hope you dont mint i hijack your thread.

I bought a preowned 16710 previously with warranty card unstamped by agent, unnamed and undated. Since i have sent for authentication, i dont really bother about the warranty card. Just curious how could this happened?

cheers!
      That's exactly my point.....do we need the paper / card since the warranty already expired?

Any comment for the experts here?

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
        That's exactly my point.....do we need the paper / card since the warranty already expired?

Any comment for the experts here?
        Yes we need for collectivity,completeness and resale value. But no to RSC cos serve no purpose to them since it's expired.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
          Yes we need for collectivity,completeness and resale value. But no to RSC cos serve no purpose to them since it's expired.
          Agree, x2
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Thanks for the enlightenment .

So, the conclusion is.....if someone intend to buy a watch for daily use, the card/paper is not important. You would pay less for a preowned watch acquisition , and of cause you expect lower price if you decided to sell it off later . However, the card/paper, box and other gadgets that come with the original set are extreamly important for watch collector.

Comment

But when I bought my brand new GMT IIc I have it named and dated cos I promised to pass it on to my son
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

agreed! When i first bought mine, the AD stamped the date and asked me to sign off in front of them as part of SOP.. haha

Comment

Named / Unnamed Warranty

Believe me, I tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything to help me.

What is the pros and cons of having a named and a unnamed warranty ?

I was told that watches that have unnamed warranty card are more desirable
                  ( commands a higher price ) then named ones.
                  True ? If so, why ?

If it was named, do the new owner get the warranty transferred to his name,
                  Just like what is done with cars for instance.
                  Is warranty only valid when it's in the owner's name ?

Asking cos I am planning to buy a used Rolex.

Thanks.

Comment

reference to this thread, you can read about it.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

if a watch is for personal keep, i would prefer it unnamed.

if a watch is meant for re-sale @ a later stage, then it should not matter that much compared to former.

for a watch that is meant for a re-sale later, it will depend on the next buyer whether the buyer has any preference for named/unnamed warranty paper/card. usually, unnamed warranty card/papers are preferred as the option to put name down is there. however once it is named, the buyer cannot change it on the paper/card if the buyer decide to keep the watch.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Guys have a look on this http://www.chronocentric.com/watches...l#openwarranty

Comment

All AD are require to stamp the warranty card, write down the name of the purchaser, date the warranty card

The photocopy of warranty cards are to sent to Rolex for documentation purposes is correct.

When a seller puts up the sale of any BNIB watch, it is technically a pre own watch. why? because it is already officially owned by the seller. however, the warranty card can sometimes be un-named but usually dated and stamp with model and serial number

why the insistence of AD writing down the name when bought from the shop? has anyone ever thought of why?

Originally posted by Throttle
                          That makes sense.
                          Wheni bought my new solid gold GMT2 from local AD, he required me to name and date the warranty card on the spot and further took a photocopy of the warranty card which he said was for Rolex documentation requirements.

Anyone had similar experience?

I guess if it's a gift, it must also be filled up with that person's name.
                          Leaving it blank is likely going to void the warranty, i guess

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

not quite there yet. getting warm.

naming the card upon purchase from AD is probably a practice to prevent resale as 100% brand new by Rolex?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

your first answer is warmer. it is more towards commercial reasons.

also i will not reveal the answer, it is meant as food for thought.

not really for second answer because once the first owner sell a watch and if the particular watch goes through say 3 different buyers, and none went to RSC or its equal. then there is no point in having the records other than for tracking where the watch is.

i guess it's also for theft management
                              keeping a record of the actual owners name for reference may help to trace some info?

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

I dun buy pre-owned but my friend who does told me that you can change "ownership" at RSC when you sent for servicing/authentication with a fee or something a few years ago. Not sure if you still can do it now. Named warranty card may just mean that the likely hood of buying a stolen rolex is lesser ( thought some thief may take everything when they commit crime.)
                                sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X