Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Authentication ?

Dear all,

Buying an expensive timepiece online always a worrying issue to me as I am always not sure whether will I paying a high price for a fake stuff.

I am curious and would like to find out how a time piece authentication takes place. Eg. Rolex @ RSC.

What about Patek Philippe, Omega, Tag heuer ?

Can somebody advise please. Thanks !

Comment

• Google a little and you shld be able to find out which are the various distributors/agents carrying which brands. Then call them up to check for authentication process. I tend to forget which are the exact brands under SWATCH Group and LVMH???
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Watch Authentication

Please specify what plyers are having issues and i can get them tested,

We have only really based the authentication on the windows listeners so we would need to see if there are any issues.

Nick

Comment

• Process for Buying Preowned rolex

Hi,

I have seen a preowned rolex Daytona SS in LP and am keen to purchase.

I want to verify if it is real. Am I able to pay of RSC t ocheck before I buy?

thanks

Comment

• Yes, aftr you've bought.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Authentication for Rolex Watches

Can I ask... if Rolex centre issues receipt, is it as good as a certificate?

If I have a watch without certificate, and I get an authentication and receipt from Rolex centre, will this be equivalent to a Rolex with certificate?

Many dealers selling watches without the certificate. While I do not doubt that they are real, I am concern that it will be more difficult to sell in the future without the certificate.

Can the seniors here please advise? Thank you.

Comment

• the receipt of 75 only indicates that the watch is genuine.

the authentication receipt != the original certificate.

original certificate/card bears the country of watch sold which is not available on the receipt. it also bears the name of first buyer and date bought. it also have the model number.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thanks, actually, I am not saying that the receipt equals certificate... of course they are not the same.

I was hoping that it will overcome the buyer's valuation. But from your reply, I guess getting authentication does not overcome the problem of no certificate.

Guess I will hunt for only watches with certificate then.

Comment

• Question : Preown Rolex

Good day to all the seniors....

First of all Happy new year to all the members here ...

I have a question. I never owned such a expensive watch like you guys do and hope to have a chance real soon. I dunno if my posting here is correct or not.

I have a question. Looking at buying a second hand Rolex watch from dealers or pawnshop ... however how do we know if the watch is "original" ie to say the Internals is manufactured in Rolex not like outside is rolex but inside is dunno what mechanism ?

Does such things happen in the market ?

Appreciate Seniors to guide how to vertify in order we can buy with a safe mind.

Of coz the best way is to purchase new but doubt the capability to do so now.

Comment

• You can buy on the basis of a full refund after verifying from Rolex Service Center on it's authenticity if the watch comes out to be otherwise. You have to pay $75 for verification though and RSC will provide a verbal commentary on the watch. Hope this helps

Comment

• Dun underestimate your buying power. Honestly speaking, the prices between brand new (with discounts) and 2nd hand or pawn shops may not be very big. Could be a mere a few thousands. If u could spare the difference get a brand new and so u won't have any doubts. But if u do buy non brand new, then do send to RSC for verification. RSC will get back to u the authenticity of the watch. Sometimes we do prefer non brand new with verification done the cost is still reasonable than brand new, but it still depends on watch's conditions etc. Hope this help.

Comment

• Thank you to seniors guidance .... But how would any dealer allow us to bring the watch to RSC for vertification ? We would have to purchase first then bring it ... if internal is fake then we have to suck thumb liao ... seems i still cannot own one .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Supan View Post
                            Thank you to seniors guidance .... But how would any dealer allow us to bring the watch to RSC for vertification ? We would have to purchase first then bring it ... if internal is fake then we have to suck thumb liao ... seems i still cannot own one .....
                            No preown dealer will allow u to bring the watch out of his store without paying first.

Solution: Search the local forums for deals and get the seller to accompany you to RSC. Inform the seller that you will complete the deal only if RSC confirm that it is authentic. Most sellers will accomodate this but of cause you must pay for the verification fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supan View Post
                              Thank you to seniors guidance .... But how would any dealer allow us to bring the watch to RSC for vertification ? We would have to purchase first then bring it ... if internal is fake then we have to suck thumb liao ... seems i still cannot own one .....
                              Typically...dealers are looking at business, long term....they won't risk their reputation and then again..they have a shopfront.

So rest assured, you can buy from the shops...if not might as well get from the direct buyers and authenticate at RSC and you will save more money buying from end users.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Thanks so much for seniors assurance ... any seniors can advise or if there is an old thread on reputable rolex second dealers ? Not those cheap but unreliable shops pls ...

Appreciate kind assistance so i can go check out what is there ...

Thanks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X