Need help to find replacement bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr zidaneong, post pics of yours then..

Make him/her get another "post-halloween" trauma..
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Not sure if RSC do polishing job alone.

Richemont quote S$330 for polishing IWC ingeneiur. Not even on bracelet.

Carrot.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

looking back at the damage, can DIY. the sandpaper go to panel beater and buy the 1500-2000 grit sandpaper. otherwise, remove bracelet, go to outside repair shop, they can whip it up in about 15-30mins.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I just called RSC, they told me to bring it down for them to have a look and see if it can be polished off. According to them, it costs $105 onwards, but not sure what this price includes. I guess I'll bring it down and see how. If not, are there any PO shops I should try? Pls PM me if there's recommendation. I'm scared to DIY. haha

Yeah, I tripped and fell in the rain, slippery floor. I was abit thankful the face of the watch wasn't injured and the movement is still accurate. but still 'xin tia'.

Comment

$105 onwards sounds to me like polish for one link only..

Keep us updated
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Mr zidaneong, post pics of yours then..

Make him/her get another "post-halloween" trauma..

My post Halloween trauma after a fall also on a raining day,
              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

@zidane - yours is actually easier to do because yours is surface scratches. the sides look ok. yours use 400 grit sand paper to remove, and then 1000 grit to give it a brush finish can already.

failing that, use 400 grit sand paper, and then use 3M scotchbrite (no copies as they are not as "sharp").

i reckon to do that, 30mins max. if i take to my workshop bench grinder, 45secs kautim!
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                  @zidane - yours is actually easier to do because yours is surface scratches. the sides look ok. yours use 400 grit sand paper to remove, and then 1000 grit to give it a brush finish can already.

failing that, use 400 grit sand paper, and then use 3M scotchbrite (no copies as they are not as "sharp").

i reckon to do that, 30mins max. if i take to my workshop bench grinder, 45secs kautim!
                  Thanks Bro, i think i will leave that to the RSC in the future as i am not very good with DIY.
                  Current Collection :

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post

My post Halloween trauma after a fall also on a raining day,
                    Uniquely Zidane's

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    looking back at the damage, can DIY. the sandpaper go to panel beater and buy the 1500-2000 grit sandpaper. otherwise, remove bracelet, go to outside repair shop, they can whip it up in about 15-30mins.
                    This is not for the faint hearted...hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Wah kaoz..... sorry for your unfortunate fall. Take it with a light heart, at least the other parts of the watch is okie. Imagine its your case lugs-keena scruff and dented!! Worse lor have to replace case, test waterproofness and more expensive. Least bracelet just swap out. No need to "Kwee Engine". I have seen a AP ROO big time Buang. Owner said he fell but from the looks of it, with the glass cracked, one of the angular bezel sides grounded down badly and crown broke off, my guess is motor accident or he into extreme games.... tsk tsk.

Comment

Originally posted by slowrider_79 View Post
                        Wah kaoz..... sorry for your unfortunate fall. Take it with a light heart, at least the other parts of the watch is okie. Imagine its your case lugs-keena scruff and dented!! Worse lor have to replace case, test waterproofness and more expensive. Least bracelet just swap out. No need to "Kwee Engine". I have seen a AP ROO big time Buang. Owner said he fell but from the looks of it, with the glass cracked, one of the angular bezel sides grounded down badly and crown broke off, my guess is motor accident or he into extreme games.... tsk tsk.
                        Haiz, i was extremely upset when i had the fall.
                        Current Collection :

Comment

There's a saying, old one dun go,new one won't come. Dun be sad lah......See it in a different light and start wearing the watch like it was meant to. Professionally. Dive with it if you have to, at least its lived its life with meaning. How many ppl can say they wear Rolex for trekking or diving? When well used, get it serviced and polished then "GSS and sell it off" Hmmmmm...... what's next then?

Well you never know if tomorrow's Sun ever rises....... Chiong Ah!!

Comment

Bracelet not too bad la. Replaceable. Definitely xim tia.
                            For me worst is kena case. Not replaceable like the rest, inserts, bezel, case back.
                            Unless you are a vintage or "original" person.

I already expect to replace bracelet after 15-20yrs due to wear.

If not confident, DIY on rolex is not for everyone.
                            Maybe find another cheaper bracelet to test first.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

can't wait to share my joy with everyone here! Went down to RSC and the lady over the counter spoke to a service consultant to see if my bracelet could be polished off. So i waited for about 15-20 minutes and they came back with the bracelet polished to its original condition! it's really out of goodwill and i'm so thankful for this!

Comment

For F.O.C ! Says who there's no quality service standards in RSC

Show us some pics pl? And to Mr zidaneong, MAI TU LIAO ... !!!
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X