Need help to find replacement bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to find replacement bracelet

Hi, anyone knows where can I get a new set of Milgauss or GMTII bracelet that has the Easylink? I would like to get it fixed onto my Sub. Will it fit?

Thanks!

Replacement of Oyster Bracelet

Hi all,

Anyone knows where and how much it costs to replace my Oyster bracelet (full S/S). I accidentally tripped and inflicted lots of scratches on it. Feel like killing myself coz it's only 1 month old. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by loveforrolex View Post
      Hi all,

Anyone knows where and how much it costs to replace my Oyster bracelet (full S/S). I accidentally tripped and inflicted lots of scratches on it. Feel like killing myself coz it's only 1 month old. Sigh.
      Costs close to 1k I think...no point. Just get it polished...thats the cheapest alternative

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Omg, 1k!!! problem is the scratches are quite deep, so it's highly unlikely it can be polished off. Might make a trip down to or give a call to RSC to enquire. Heart pain.

Comment

Omg, 1k!!! problem is the scratches are quite deep, so it's highly unlikely it can be polished off. Might make a trip down to or give a call to RSC to enquire. Heart pain.
          1k for the new oyster bracelet...if yours is the older 1 it's ard $750

Comment

alternative you can send it down to those preown shop that you trust to get them to polish for you. it will be cheaper.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              alternative you can send it down to those preown shop that you trust to get them to polish for you. it will be cheaper.
              I suggest...you go get yourself a post-halloween scare after you get a quote from RSC..then go to preown shops. Hehe

Comment

yeah, such an expensive lesson. I can't bear to see the scratches like that. I guess I will call them tomorrow and get a big shock first. Haha but eventually i will still get it replaced. Nothing beats having it in tip top form.

For now, I will search for a preown shop to polish off as much as possible. Any suggestions on which ones? Really appreciate the replies and advice so far.. Thanks guys!

Comment

Why not post some pics about the damage. depending on damage, maybe you can swap out the buckle or part of the bracelet. or you could undergo a overhaul where your watch is grinded down about 0.5mm and polished.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    Why not post some pics about the damage. depending on damage, maybe you can swap out the buckle or part of the bracelet. or you could undergo a overhaul where your watch is grinded down about 0.5mm and polished.
                    Ok, tried taking some pics..hope this works.

Comment

Definitely can polish out. but i suspect, you may be able to tell the difference as you may have to file down the bracelet a touch, esp on the sides.

Looks like you whacked the watch against something, or a fall occured.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Hi all,

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        Definitely can polish out. but i suspect, you may be able to tell the difference as you may have to file down the bracelet a touch, esp on the sides.

Looks like you whacked the watch against something, or a fall occured.
                        Think TS said he/she accidentally tripped?

Yes, polishable I guess.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

yes can polish. and will be hard to notice after done.

alternatively can buy the 1 or 2 links for the worst hit links if dont feel good.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            Think TS said he/she accidentally tripped?

Yes, polishable I guess.
                            me didnt read the original post. thanks for that!!

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                            yes can polish. and will be hard to notice after done.

alternatively can buy the 1 or 2 links for the worst hit links if dont feel good.
                            if you look carefully, i believe the link cannot be removed at all.

If i was to polish out the bracelet, i would use a 200-300 grit sandpaper to remove the deep scratches, then maybe a 600+ grit to polish up nicely. depends on the final finish, if you want those mirrored polish; may have to hit 1000-2000 grit sandpaper.

This was my experienced when i used to polish ipods back when i was in sec school .

Alternatively you can use polishing wheel on a bench grinder, but i still believe in hand sanding for fine jobs.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Ok, tried taking some pics..hope this works.

your damage on the bracelet is still not that serious as yours is only about 1.5 links, mine is 3.5 links of similar damage due to fall.
                              Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X