Parts replacement at RSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts replacement at RSC

Hi, got some queries that need some advise.

Thought of going to RSC to get my GMT 1675 plexi-crystal (aftermarket) replaced and also change a new PEPSI bezel insert.

1) Will they replace the plexi-crystal for me? Any idea what will be the cost?

2) Reluctant to have my genuine faded Pepsi bezel insert being taken away by RCS, can i fix an aftermarket bezel insert and tell them i wanted to change it as well. And also what will be the cost?

Thanks in advance

Regards

from my understanding any parts that arent original can be changed. not entirely sure if the old bezel will be kept by RSC.

for what its worth, RSC in oz will keep the old bezel in such an event.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by nim
      You need to do a one to one exchange of origonal parts with the new parts and pay full price for the new parts, no trade in value for original parts
      If your 'aftermarket' parts are non authentic rolex, rsc will not accept your request for new part

Are your 'aftermarket' parts authentic or fakes?
      Crystal is generic non authentic rolex, so hopefully can get it replaced in RSC. If i buy from external source, how can we be sure if it is genuine.

So what is the best way to get a new pepsi bezel from RSC besides fixing on my favourite faded pepsi bezel and seeing RSC taking it away.

Comment

So any idea what is RSC's stand on generic non authenic rolex and aftermarket.

Or could i sent in the watch without the bezel insert. Will they replace it?

Comment

What happens if, in an accident, a ROLEX watch is damaged that resulted in the loss of the bezel? Do you think the ROLEX Service Centre will reject to repair the watch??

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            What happens if, in an accident, a ROLEX watch is damaged that resulted in the loss of the bezel? Do you think the ROLEX Service Centre will reject to repair the watch??

That's a very good point.

Another thing is that if the watch is being pass down with a non genuine crystal, and if i only trust RSC to replace with a genuine crystal, sounds weird to hunt for a genuine crystal to fix on before going into RSC right?

Anyway have anyone replaced their 1675 crystal in RSC? Can share what's the damage.

Comment

I believe most of us dun support aftermarket parts. It dun make sense for them to buy Genuine Rolex watches and adding aftermarket parts to it.

Wouldn't it be better off buying a totally fake "lolex"

I truly believe there are situations where finding the genuine parts for vintage rolex watches proves to be more and more challenging even to those experience watch fans. So many are at no choice but to fix a aftermarket part while hunting for genuine ones along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                No, you cant purchase new parts from rsc
                You cant get it without the original part to swap
                please stop making untrue comments in such a sagely manner.

it depends on which parts are needed.

bezels need not be on the watch when sent in for purchase of a new one/service.

this was how i got an extra green bezel insert to trade with someone's black bezel insert.

RSC will definitely change a non-rolex crystal to a rolex service crystal if you ask them to.

acrylic crystals are changed as part of an RSC service or the watch will not be fully guaranteed (WR).
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i have come across at least 5 6694 with non original acrylic on them. how do you tell, most of them have the 'wrong magnification'.

most of these 6694 were probably once wore by men currently in the 50s-70s, back then, many of them would have send them to independent watch technicians to service them. i am not sure how much these owners of 6694 know about the mechanics of them other than that it is a brand rolex which signifies say some form of status. if they receive back their watch in working condition, they would probably be more than satisfied. they may not realize that the acrylic was not genuine. there are different reasons why some people would not mind using after market parts. i shall not dwell into it why and speculate the reasons. but the very fact that these parts exists and have been used on genuine rolex is real.

fast forward 20-30 years on. i have bought some 6694, some of them had non original acrylic. i sent them to RSC, RSC inform me that this acrylic is after market and/or hands are after market. i said ok. please service the watch and get those parts changed. RSC say they will and charge me those parts.

i am facing the same issue with seiko watches now. want to buy genuine parts, but seiko say sorry dont have. these parts are for watches that is considered discontinued within the past 8 years. not even a decade yet. i dread to think how to keep vintage seiko

it is true that parts for vintage parts are harder to come by. why? one reason is that these parts are not kept by rolex after 30 years once it is announced discontinued by rolex. sometimes, these parts are out of production even before the 30 years is up. rolex will make those parts if necessary if there is money to be made, but may not be economical to make them so they may not even want to do it. simple economics theory, high demand, low supply, price increase. whatever the reasons, only rolex knows.

so if rolex do not make these parts, and collectors want to keep these watches, probably the only source is after market? i dont know........it is a chicken and egg problem to a certain extent.

Originally posted by eric View Post
                  I believe most of us dun support aftermarket parts. It dun make sense for them to buy Genuine Rolex watches and adding aftermarket parts to it.

Wouldn't it be better off buying a totally fake "lolex"

I truly believe there are situations where finding the genuine parts for vintage rolex watches proves to be more and more challenging even to those experience watch fans. So many are at no choice but to fix a aftermarket part while hunting for genuine ones along the way.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hi, just curious. how much is it to change the acrylic case of a 6694 at rsc? mine cracked and im quite certain it's a non-original one.

Comment

I wish Rolex will keep producing the old parts as compared to selling price it is profitable.

Not the same for seiko.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

the parts are kept for approximately 30 years.

u mean seiko keep producing parts for old watches?

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                        I wish Rolex will keep producing the old parts as compared to selling price it is profitable.

Not the same for seiko.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I mean if seiko keep parts for their watches, its not profitable.

Considering their endless models and variations. Even though the movements are basically the same few, the dials/hands/case are too numerous.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

For Seiko, I guess they probably keep spare parts for the discontinued higher end models and not the few-hundred-dollar ones?

Paiseh
                            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by nikoflame View Post
                              hi, just curious. how much is it to change the acrylic case of a 6694 at rsc? mine cracked and im quite certain it's a non-original one.
                              Hi bro... I jus changed my 16613LN crystal and cost me $160.00 with g.s.t... So. Can guess...
                              HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                              ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                              Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                              Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                              Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                              TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                              G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                              Rolex ladies datejust
                              vintage Cartier tank 18k
                              TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse