Dent on my 16613 18k bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent on my 16613 18k bracelet

My blue sub 16613 bracelet have these few dent. Rolex service centre said have to replace the whole bracelet. Is there any place that i could visit and have it restore? Any kind soul out there? Please help me. Thank you for viewing.

Restore dents?! That's a little tough unless the dents are not too deep. They'll probably be polished off. But deep dents will not be advisable, or else the bracelet will get very thin.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think it's tough. My 16610 Sub suffered a small but quite deep dent on the case. I was told it could not be polished off. Even if someone tries to polish, the case may become "thinner". In any case, I guess I just have to accept it. Sometimes, such "dents" represent the moments you are cherished with the watch. It's like a "trademark". The initial period is tough to accept, but over time, you will get use to it. Of course, everyone has different perspectives. If you insist to polish, then do prepare to pay for a huge repair fees or like what RSC mentioned, to get a new bracelet. Do try to bring to the shop at Lucky Plaza (basement level if I am not wrong). It's a shop owned by a Hong Konger, he mentioned he used to work for Rolex. Heard good reviews on him. I am supposed to show him my watch and seek his advice, but yet to do so.

Comment

18k bracelet with a deep dent is basically hopeless, gold material can be polished, but after it gets thinner, they will crack and leave a hole behind, that's why RSC wants u to buy a new 1 instead. Hopefully, your dents are on the links that are replacable and not on the non-replacable ones ^^
        [I][COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]EVERYONE BRINGS JOY TO THE WORLD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]
        [I]
        [COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]SOME WHEN THEY ENTER, SOME WHEN THEY LEAVE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Thank you guys. Look like i have to change a new bracelet.

Comment

why not post a picture of the dent you are describing about so that better advice can be given.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Polishing the 18K bracelet can actually thin and even crack the links. never polish them.
              My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
              1) WG DIA 18239
              2) YG DIA 18238
              3) WG 18239
              4) YG 18238
              5) YG 18248G Bark
              6) WG DIA 18039
              7) WG 18039
              8) YG 18038
              9) Tridor DIA 18039B
              10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
              11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)