Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a dilemma of which pc to choose..

Dear Seniors,
    Pls see if able to assist me with below hard to decide situation.
    I intend to get the below datejust model, preowned:

Price is no longer a question as more or less all less all dealers i have enquired ended up quoting the same prices.
    2 nearby shops from the central area have offered same price for the watch, below is the case study:

Shop 1:
    Quoted T (1996 as per oysterworld) Series. Based on my limited knowledge, the series seems to be more or less tallying with the watch model as 16233s are older models compared to the new 116233 (Pls correct me if i am wrong)
    For a 15 year old pc, the condition looks excellent, both watch head and bracelet had almost no visble scratched or swirl marks from polishing. Bracelet was tight. As per the girl in the shop, the reason why they were firm on their price is that "they changed a new bracelet", dunno how true is that. As usual, all parts guaranteed gennuine with 20% buyback for 1st year, they also claims that servicing has been done.
    Girl mentioned cert available but not cert.
    One thing i have noted is that watch feels warm after being under the showcase spotlight all day. Wonder if this will have detrimental effects on the internal of the watch like the oils / gaskets etc, pls enlighten me.

Shop 2:
    Same watch model.
    Owner did not quote what series but mentioned its a 2004 Pc.
    Cert was available but i did not inspect closely, it shows an malaysian ad.
    Condition i felt was not as good as the one in shop 1, watch looks unpolished.
    Watch head had no major flaws from my short inpection but bracelet being unpolished did look worn out a bit. Tightness was so so, ok ok.
    Owner also mentioned watched was serviced but not at RSC but outside shop (ppl like top hr?)
    Shop is able to provide box and cert and same guarantee for all parts genuine.
    Buy back 15%.
    Watch not kept under spotlight.
    Shop 2 had better reviews in the forum, boss was more friendly than shop 1 indeed.

Given the above dilemma, Seniors pls advise Xiao Di accordingly.
    Would be good also to advise me on what would be a reasonable price to offer for this model.
    Intend seriously to pull the trigger.
    I thank all kind Seniors in advance for kind guidance.

I'm not too sure about this model so can't really comment on pricing. As for which piece to choose, I will prefer the one with certificate than w/o. Better if it is a newer piece and comes in complete set.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i would go for the one with warranty paper is prices are more or less the same. rolex issued certification is never the same as original warranty papers.

polishing of watch should cost the max couple of hundred done outside RSC. as for RSC price have to call and check. if you want to do polishing outside RSC, you must trust the watch technician that nothing hanky panky will happen. going RSC is considered safe haven, but price will be higher than outside. also RSC may request you to do servicing despite the shop telling you servicing was done.

as mentioned before, shop can tell you it has been serviced. but what kind of service has been done? i dont know, oiling of jewels is considered servicing by some but not to others.

as for reasonable price, you already mentioned that most preown shop quoted about the same price.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Dear Bros Triton & Oceanklassik,
        Thanks for your reply.
        I am not much baffled by the pricing by the watch condition and "year" in this aspect.
        Have made a small typo,
        Shop 1 has cert also, but no box.
        In this case meaning both watches have cert.
        But Shop 1 no box.
        Not seen the cert for shop 1 though, the cert for shop 2 was from a KL Ad.
        Most baffling to me was the watch in shop 1 does not even look polished, it looks new.
        I dunno how they did it but it looks almost new, even the bracelet looks new.
        Can they really have got a new bracelet and fitted it?
        (Polished bracelets dun look so new even after polish i think, might be wrong)
        The only drawback is its a old watch since its T Series.

For Shop 2,
        I wonder since its a 16233, can the year still be so new? (2004)
        Any bros can enlighten me?
        The shop 2 watch condition is like what you will see for a not-bad con preowned watch, with a not so new bracelet.
        What griped me was the 'older' watch looks so new on the exterior as compared to the newer one!
        Really a dilemma for me, although i have no idea whats the condition of movement behind their casebacks.

Also any bros can enlighten on the spotlight issue?

Have a nice day bros.

Comment

Dear Seniors,
          Appreciate more advice and guidance.
          Caring is sharing.
          Many thanks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...