Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stektan View Post
    Hi,

So have you worked out a deal for members? In any case, can you share the contact with me as I'm keen to service my watch as well. Also, does he do a waterproof test and what happens to parts that are missing or damaged? Does he replace with original rolex parts?
    http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/71545-...-Rolex-Watches

I guess he did work out a deal for our members

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      had another chat with the watch technician again. he shared with me some personal insights on what goes through during a watch servicing process. there are many methods and ways of doing. on surface it may seem that the watch is indeed being cleaned. however, there are small little steps along the way which he perform that really makes the watch cleaning process thorough. to polish and do a full service on my watch takes almost 6 hours which means it is slightly more than half the day. time taken for stripping, oiling, assembly is less compared to cleaning the parts and others. taking effort not to over polish the watch takes time, the time taken to do regulation seems longest. why? initially i thought you just adjust the +-, not as easy as i think. besides making sure the watch is within COSC spec, there is also time and effort needed to ensure that there is enough power reserve on the watch.

i brought in my second hand watch, put it on the time regulating machine. he told me is within COSC spec but amplitude reading is not ideal. he can then tell me it is probably due to blah blah blah. technical details again. shall not elaborate too much.

after another 1 hour chat with him over dinner. im fully convinced my ~380 spent is worth every effort he did. now, i wonder if another technician A who charges me less, is it possible for technician A to do the same amount of work for less price?

food for thought everyone

besides talking to him and owner of shop, we are closer towards a package that is meant for sg-roc members. stay tuned!!!

for more pictures on this serviced watch. click here there is one interesting shot.

Triton, the amount you paid include any part(s) change?
      Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
      Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
      / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

exclude parts.

Originally posted by 3kingdom View Post
        Triton, the amount you paid include any part(s) change?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

yes, a deal has been struck. click here for more information.

company informed me that waterproof test will be done.

company also informed me that for missing and/or damaged parts, they will be replaced. the parts are not fake.

Originally posted by stektan View Post
          Hi,

So have you worked out a deal for members? In any case, can you share the contact with me as I'm keen to service my watch as well. Also, does he do a waterproof test and what happens to parts that are missing or damaged? Does he replace with original rolex parts?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

The name's familiar.

It is in golden landmark?
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

what name is familiar? you mean the shop that does repair? if that is what you are referring to. then it is not @ golden landmark.

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
              The name's familiar.

It is in golden landmark?

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                what name is familiar? you mean the shop that does repair? if that is what you are referring to. then it is not @ golden landmark.
                yes i mean the shop's name.

maybe i've past by it or it just sounds familiar.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Nope it's not

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                  yes i mean the shop's name.

maybe i've past by it or it just sounds familiar.
                  Current
                  ------------
                  SS Rolex OysterDate Precision 6694
                  SS Rolex Explorer II 16570 (White)
                  SS Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 (Black)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X