14060 polish and service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    no idea as the previous owner said no and the previous' previous owner not sure.

but judging from the condition, i would say easily more than 2-3 years without service. why? normal servicing usually last about 2-3 years on average.
    I tot it should be 10 years and above. My understanding now is 5 years service interval as recommended by Rolex.
    My Humble Collection :
    PAM 320
    Rolex Submariner Ceramics
    Laco Pilot Type B Dial

Comment

what is 10 years and above? you mean the watch? yes, it is more than a decade old. as mentioned, recommended interval for servicing should be within 5 years. however, not everyone will service their watch periodically and @ the recommended interval.

my dad's rolex gone to RSC for service only after 20 years. can you imagine the condition? it was practically rebuilding the internal.

as mentioned, i cannot say for sure when the last service done. all i know is that based on the images, i can safely say it is beyond 2-3 years. could even be more.

Originally posted by tyongchi View Post
      I tot it should be 10 years and above. My understanding now is 5 years service interval as recommended by Rolex.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

just receive sms. can collect watch tonight.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Wow the turnaround time is certainly fast!
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

it is about 1 week plus minus (~10days). considering the work done. i agree is fast.

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
            Wow the turnaround time is certainly fast!

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

considered very fast liao...usually the turnaround time for my watches that went for servicing was about 3 weeks at least
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Fantastic post.

Fast turnover and got picture.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Just came back from RSC,they told me the overhaul & polishing of my watch would take 5 weeks...so forget it,better off servicing it somewhere else since the charges are high & waiting time too long

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  it is about 1 week plus minus (~10days). considering the work done. i agree is fast.

Comment

just came home with the watch. very happy with the service and condition after full service.

the watch technician was there when i went to collect my watch. a nice fellow to chat with. found out that he is ex-rolex technician. + point. told me what was wrong with my watch. and what he told me was the same as what RSC told me. the rotor was dislodge. according to him, my watch last service was easily done 5 years ago. based on his experience, other than the rotor was dislodge, he seen many similar condition during his time in RSC. he say is normal. not very bad condition. he had seen worse.

he also told me that one washer that was meant to inside was missing because previous technician either forgot to put it back or for some other reason. this piece is important as it acts as a shock absorber and add space between hour wheel and dial. he also show him what additional material he used to lift up my hands of the watch. this method is similar to another technician who i go to. it shows that they will take care of the watch parts for you. not like RSC where once, i had tweezer marks left on the second and minute hand after i sent in my explorer II. had to go back and they replace foc.

he also explained to me that certain parts need to be soaked with certain solution to restore so that it can be re-used rather than either not soaking or replace the parts to add costs.

requested to have a look @ the watch servicing area. which he also explain to me +- seconds meaning ......amplitude meaning.......will not go into details. with the readings from the time check machine, he is then able to regulate the watch.

after hearing so much, i think it is too much to absorb for a night. too much technical details. i paid ~380 which include light polishing. a fraction of the cost of what rsc intended to charge me @1400. do i think it is value for money? i think for the amount of work done, the thorough cleaning, polishing, recycling of parts when possible. replacing part that was missing. i feel it is value for money.

i know which watch i want to send in next. i will be going down within the next couple of days. i will post pictures tomorrow

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

Sorry if I may have missed out but who is this technician(s) that you are going to introduce/recommend us to?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

let me work out something with this technician and his company. before announcing. please be patient.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

just a quick shot this morning.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

a lume shot after the watch is being serviced.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

had another chat with the watch technician again. he shared with me some personal insights on what goes through during a watch servicing process. there are many methods and ways of doing. on surface it may seem that the watch is indeed being cleaned. however, there are small little steps along the way which he perform that really makes the watch cleaning process thorough. to polish and do a full service on my watch takes almost 6 hours which means it is slightly more than half the day. time taken for stripping, oiling, assembly is less compared to cleaning the parts and others. taking effort not to over polish the watch takes time, the time taken to do regulation seems longest. why? initially i thought you just adjust the +-, not as easy as i think. besides making sure the watch is within COSC spec, there is also time and effort needed to ensure that there is enough power reserve on the watch.

i brought in my second hand watch, put it on the time regulating machine. he told me is within COSC spec but amplitude reading is not ideal. he can then tell me it is probably due to blah blah blah. technical details again. shall not elaborate too much.

after another 1 hour chat with him over dinner. im fully convinced my ~380 spent is worth every effort he did. now, i wonder if another technician A who charges me less, is it possible for technician A to do the same amount of work for less price?

food for thought everyone

besides talking to him and owner of shop, we are closer towards a package that is meant for sg-roc members. stay tuned!!!

for more pictures on this serviced watch. click here there is one interesting shot.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Hi,

So have you worked out a deal for members? In any case, can you share the contact with me as I'm keen to service my watch as well. Also, does he do a waterproof test and what happens to parts that are missing or damaged? Does he replace with original rolex parts?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X