Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie - Getting a 2nd hand Rolex (what to look out for its Authentication, Pricing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Getting a 2nd hand Rolex (what to look out for its Authentication, Pricing)

Hi All,

Wanted to purchase a 2nd hand Rolex, however would like to clear my doubts before committing.

Hence, would like to seek your precious feedbacks and comments as per my below doubts from you guys:

1. To get a good deal for 2nd hand rolex, who should i get it from -Pawnshop, Forum, Direct Seller or 2nd hand shop?
    2. How do i compare the price for 2nd hand rolex if it's old model?
    3. If watch doesn't comes with Box and cert, i will need a verification from RSC @ $100 over dollars, and with the verification, i will assume it's Original and there's definitely resale value?

I'm totally noob about rolex, and will sincerely appreciated your kind inputs and any other points that i had left out.
    Thanks in advance to all

1) Do some legwork and compare prices before buying

2) just have to search by typing in the model number in the search function box

3)Go to RSC for verification for a piece of mind

4) Buy the watch that you like and make u happy - watches are lousy investments generally....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Hi & welcome

It is always an enjoyment to go through the process of finding that dream watch (or at least the watch you want). It is not easy to deem whether a deal is good or not as from which source you get from. Like what Senior feilong108 has advised, it is always best to do legwork to get a more accurate sensing. However, from your list of choices, the pawn & 2nd-hand watch shops seldom give you a better deal as compared to the direct owners/sellers, be it from the forum or other contacts. Simple logic is the cost of shop rental and staff these shops have to sustain. Again, that does not necessary mean there are no good deals from them. Legwork, remember?

If it is an old watch model, you can try to obtain prices by checking out online and visit several shops to seek them. One good platform are the various watch forums.

Your third query seems to comprise many questions that do not seem to correlate to one another. Firstly whether a watch comes with box &/or certificate or not, should not really determine your choice to verify its authenticity. Fakes watches can also come with those "accessories". So it is up to you if you still want to verify a watch that comes complete. You may choose to do so for that $100+ fee. And yes, you may assume that a successful verification of a ROLEX watch can mean that it is "original" to a certain & reasonable extent.

Now, whether "there's definitely resale value" of an all original ROLEX watch that comes in complete set will depend on the model and there's no guarantee of an appreciation (of value). However, a complete set will often than not, gives you lesser loss as compared to one of the same that is incomplete.

There are plenty of information in the forum where you can also search to gain better knowledge and prepare you better should you intend to take the first step to horology.

Good luck!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X