Certification at RSC - will they tell u what need to be serviced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taxico View Post
    i need to know what points i am not right so i can learn more and we can share more with others.

the problem is... rolex does not have a vintage division or even a vintage classification/recognition process.

eg, i would pay more for a matte 666 than a gloss 666. but i would pay more for a 666 with an earlier serial than a later serial.

but to rolex, as long as all parts are genuine, the receipt is issued and the watch is considered "genuine".

all parts being original: how much would you pay for a SL dial replacement on a red sub? what about an original tritium red sub?

what about a DRSD with a white dial? or a 1530 parts on a 5512? what about a white day/date disc on day-date with a champagne dial?

and at the end of the day: what difference do those things make for a new collector? and what difference does it make to RSC when they verify such watches?

this post is not meant to say that there is something wrong with your watch but just to ensure that people know RSC (especially singapore RSC) is not the end-all when it comes to verifying watches, ESPECIALLY vintage rolex watches.

RSC singapore does not care if you paid $150,000 for a 5517 or $1,500 for a 1601... they just want to charge you for a service to look at the watch, tell you about what they say and print out a receipt for you if everything looks okay.

they do not recognize mark variants for sub LVs... even less so for vintage watches. consumers made these variants up, not them.

in fact, i wonder if they will refuse to service a 5517...!

remember: rolex prefers to sell new watches.
    Brother are we talking the same thing here?

seriously i appreciate your knowleges on vintage rolex watches, i do agree certain points you say.

But my post said about rolex verification is a peace of mind, the new current system is matching the correct serial case to the correct year and dial and i can sleep well. I am saying if any of you in doubts on your watches please bring it to rolex centre for checks. They will tell you if the casing of your 5513/1680/red/double red tally with the dial and the year so whether your watch is fully original or not, if the casing s/n does not match your red sub or double red then they will not authenticate because it is mix /match case and dial.

And you are talking about wrong dial on different casing...talking about different parts on a different model? whether they service your 5517, whether you pay $150,000 for 5517. I agree with you Rolex does not care, but neither do i care.
    i know nuts about vintages rolex not like you, i only know it is better to bring to rolex centre to verify for peace of mind

you are quoting my post and saying lots of things. you may be right and wrong, i dont know. you should bring out your great knowlege to Rolex to discuss not to me cause i dont bother.

I only know most buyer request for rolex verification upon dealing and that is what i have been talking about .

If you disagree and think your vintages rolexs need not be verified by all means go ahead, for me i will and always buy with care and ensure my rolexs are verified before i buy.
    Your point on the rolex commercial might be right but again i dont care. I got no business with them. But you are quoting my post and mentioning all this to me which i dont understand???

Bro you should start another topic and your great knowlege will be appreciate somewhere else.

For me and most newbies or even new vintage collectors, i suggest stick to Rolex for verification not here say from internet gurus
    you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Comment

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
      Brother are we talking the same thing here?

you are quoting my post and saying lots of things. you may be right and wrong, i dont know. you should bring out your great knowlege to Rolex to discuss not to me cause i dont bother.

If you disagree and think your vintages rolexs need not be verified by all means go ahead, for me i will and always buy with care and ensure my rolexs are verified before i buy.

Bro you should start another topic and your great knowlege will be appreciate somewhere else.
      i did not mean to offend, rather, i wanted to be informed and to inform others (however little i know). it seems you may have taken offense to what i have typed. if so, please understand that it was not my intention to upset you.

neither did i say that going to RSC is a bad idea... i was trying to point something else out...

Originally posted by tintinstuff View Post
      ...the new current system is matching the correct serial case to the correct year and dial and i can sleep well. I am saying if any of you in doubts on your watches please bring it to rolex centre for checks. They will tell you if the casing of your 5513/1680/red/double red tally with the dial and the year so whether your watch is fully original or not, if the casing s/n does not match your red sub or double red then they will not authenticate because it is mix /match case and dial.
      what i'm trying to say is... rolex won't be able to do the above properly. they are not equipped or informed enough to do so. thus i would like to be proven wrong when i asked for your opinion.

but as i'm beating a dead horse, my input to this thread ends here and your reply is unnecessary.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        i did not mean to offend, rather, i wanted to be informed and to inform others (however little i know). it seems you may have taken offense to what i have typed. if so, please understand that it was not my intention to upset you.

neither did i say that going to RSC is a bad idea... i was trying to point something else out...

what i'm trying to say is... rolex won't be able to do the above properly. they are not equipped or informed enough to do so. thus i would like to be proven wrong when i asked for your opinion.

but as i'm beating a dead horse, my input to this thread ends here and your reply is unnecessary.
        Yes bro i will accept what you said, but since it started with you and have to end with me

I may agree your point that sometimes rolex verification may not be up to some people standard, but the real actual situation now is all or most buyer will want to pay something by the thousands to ensure their watch can send to Rolex / panerai/ ap/ pp/ iwc/ omegas/ breitlings/alange and any other brands for verifications. This is to safe guard their purchases and a sense of peace. It is also to prevent any disputes later on the authentication of the watch. In addition it adds on to the values and if anything goes wrong with the watch, you know you can send in to the service centre proudly and not being told... 'sir your watch not original' .

Anyway bro thanks for your feedback on this issue, we can agree or disagree but at end of the day, any individuals are entittled to their own personal subjective views whether they want to buy something that can be verified or not.
        you are rich if you lives life fullest and die empty

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X