X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Rolex Boxes

Hi,

Need some clarifications here.

I have recently bought 2 Rolex at THG and have taken a picture below, together with the boxes they came with when i bought it separately.

My question is, did they give me the wrong boxes? My lady datejust came with a big box while my Milgauss GV came with a small box. Just want to be clear if lady rolex should come with a small box while the bigger size men's watch should come with the bigger box instead?

Anyone that can shed some insights into a newbie will be appreciated. I cant help but think it's so funny as if it is really wrong, they can get it wrong on 2 separate occasions and it had to be me. Hahaha. Thanks
    Rolex Datejust 178279
    Rolex Milgauss GV
    Bvlgari Carbongold Via Condotti

I may be outdated but my AD told me previously that only the ROLEX sports models and those with precious stones/metals came with the bigger box. I am not sure if they changed policy or something.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

as far as i know, it does not matter for these series, i.e. where the boxes are not specific. if you see how the SE prep the boxes, you will noticed that they will just grab and pack. in some shops, they do go to the extent of giving rim protectors. in summing, i think it is fine so fret not.
      Current pieces:
      Tag Heuer Pilot Chronograph
      Tag Heuer 2000
      Evant Tropic Diver Bronze Green
      Le Jour Mk I - 001
      IWC Portuguese 7-Days
      PAM 104
      PAM 233
      PAM 716
      Rolex 16570 (Polar)

Rolex 16234
      Rolex 116900 (Air-King)
      Rolex 114060
      Several Seiko New & Vintage

Wish-list 2018:
      More Seikos
      Rolex 126710BLRO (GMT2)

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        I may be outdated but my AD told me previously that only the ROLEX sports models and those with precious stones/metals came with the bigger box. I am not sure if they changed policy or something.
        Thanks bro, that would mean that my GV should have come with the bigger box too if the same policy still stands
        Rolex Datejust 178279
        Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

Originally posted by chershen View Post
          as far as i know, it does not matter for these series, i.e. where the boxes are not specific. if you see how the SE prep the boxes, you will noticed that they will just grab and pack. in some shops, they do go to the extent of giving rim protectors. in summing, i think it is fine so fret not.
          Thanks bro for your comments. Makes me feel better
          Rolex Datejust 178279
          Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

Originally posted by jonchar View Post
            Thanks bro, that would mean that my GV should have come with the bigger box too if the same policy still stands
            My Sub C came with the smaller box while my GMTIc came with the bigger box.

Not sure whats the reason for this diff but dint really bother me actually.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

That's an interesting question!

Agree with chershen's post.

Did some googling on 'Rolex Box Reference Numbers' and noticed several other people are curious about this too. You're not alone on this bro.

They say that the watches would usually be shipped in plastic containers with packing foam while the green boxes are shipped separately. Its not specific to any model.

Once you've made your purchase, AD/SE would just grab any box within reach to pack your watch; boxes are interchangeable.

But from a manufacturing stand-point, the numbers would either represent some sort of datecode and manufacturer or both.

Just my 2cents lah!

BTW, jonchar... I'm waiting for the materials now to process your order.
              cheers!
              Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
              • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
              • Montre de MarQue
              • Etoile D'Or
              • Hotel Indonesia
              • Glory Time
              • The Watch-Collector
              • Time Palace
              • The Swiss Connection
              • M Baker
              • Maurice Lacroix
              • Time Marques
              • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                That's an interesting question!

Agree with chershen's post.

Did some googling on 'Rolex Box Reference Numbers' and noticed several other people are curious about this too. You're not alone on this bro.

They say that the watches would usually be shipped in plastic containers with packing foam while the green boxes are shipped separately. Its not specific to any model.

Once you've made your purchase, AD/SE would just grab any box within reach to pack your watch; boxes are interchangeable.

But from a manufacturing stand-point, the numbers would either represent some sort of datecode and manufacturer or both.

Just my 2cents lah!

BTW, jonchar... I'm waiting for the materials now to process your order.
                cheers!
                Thanks bro for your comments! I guess i'll let it be then.

And yes im looking forward to the trays to put our watches in! Hahaha. And im sure there are many others looking forward to getting it from you once it is ready
                Rolex Datejust 178279
                Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

in that case; next time; can ask AD for the medium box because the small box seriously undersized for most sports watches these days. minimum also want medium size
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

medium and small size is given any how, but sport model some shop practice to give only small box. but all this you can request as is only minor problem.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback
                      Rolex Datejust 178279
                      Rolex Milgauss GV

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X