Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get original Rolex fluted bezel

Hi,

Just got my wife a 31mm Datejust Rolex watch as a gift from THG. We took a while to decide as there is not options available, we chose a dome bezel with blue Roman dial and Jubilee bracelet. However I still feel that the fluted bezel is nicer especially with the Jubilee bracelet. Tried calling RSC but they say we cant change the bezel to fluted as the model will be different.. Signs.. Can any expert advise any trustworthy shops where I can get original fluted bezel? Preowned is acceptable for us. Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by aquilakwa View Post
    Hi,

Just got my wife a 31mm Datejust Rolex watch as a gift from THG. We took a while to decide as there is not options available, we chose a dome bezel with blue Roman dial and Jubilee bracelet. However I still feel that the fluted bezel is nicer especially with the Jubilee bracelet. Tried calling RSC but they say we cant change the bezel to fluted as the model will be different.. Signs.. Can any expert advise any trustworthy shops where I can get original fluted bezel? Preowned is acceptable for us. Thanks in advance..
    Hmm...Usually people don't sell the fluted bezel but the diamond bezel. Which model is it? For newer models it will be tricky I would say.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Some pre-owned shop may not want to sell as it might not fit nicely and tightly. I asked rolex for similar request before but their reply is that the dome case are not meant to put bezel to which I agreed to a certain degree. I also asked some pre-owned shop that sell parts and they also dun really want to sell to me.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
        Some pre-owned shop may not want to sell as it might not fit nicely and tightly. I asked rolex for similar request before but their reply is that the dome case are not meant to put bezel to which I agreed to a certain degree. I also asked some pre-owned shop that sell parts and they also dun really want to sell to me.
        That I do agree...no point putting if it may not fit well.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. My modeal ia 178240 and I have called up Mr Lim who is a ex rollie technician and he mentioned that since mine is a new series, the fluted bezel compared to the older series is different. He do not have stock at the moment and he asked me to call back after 2 weeks to check again. I'm not sure about this but its seems 31mm datejust setting should be the same and both bezel is compatible.. I was quoted 7K for diamond bezel though...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. My modeal ia 178240 and I have called up Mr Lim who is a ex rollie technician and he mentioned that since mine is a new series, the fluted bezel compared to the older series is different. He do not have stock at the moment and he asked me to call back after 2 weeks to check again. I'm not sure about this but its seems 31mm datejust setting should be the same and both bezel is compatible.. I was quoted 7K for diamond bezel though...
            Watch with diamond bezel or just diamond bezel? for 7k

It seems the same my friend but like I mentioned before, it isn't because the newer series are slightly thicker and larger.

Comment

I also bought one 178240 for my wife and fit a diamond bezel close to 3k and pay a total of 9k for everything

Comment

Originally posted by kelvin View Post
                I also bought one 178240 for my wife and fit a diamond bezel close to 3k and pay a total of 9k for everything
                Care to share if you upgrade your diamond bezel at RSC or you bought it from AD?

Comment

Hi i bought it at the ad shop together with the watch
                  Last edited by kelvin; 20-02-11, 01:47 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Hi Kelvin,

Care to share what is the series that you have gotten for your 178240? Mine started with Zxxx87xx... Not sure if this is Z series or the new alpahanumeric series? Also notice today that the roman font on my dial is smaller compared to what I have seen at THG..

Comment

Hi Kelvin,

Care to share what is the series that you have gotten for your 178240? Mine started with Zxxx87xx... Not sure if this is Z series or the new alpahanumeric series? Also notice today that the roman font on my dial is smaller compared to what I have seen at THG..
                      Hi bro my is G series and my dial is so call fingerprint dial its black in colour and it is in number not roman

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X