No announcement yet.

Preowned watch shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sg-roc is the best way and best place...just only want o careful fish eyes mix with pearl.

Comment

• Maybe you can try HJ at Far east. No far my dealing with them are good.

Comment

• but i see that seller davidoff is banned.. wad happen???

Comment

• The 'demerit'/infraction will automatically banned a user if a user accumulates enough infraction points.

I have attached the screen shots of davidoff infraction points issued.

user davidoff repeatedly violates the same rules and regulations of posting commercial details. davidoff was given friendly reminders over the phone advising the need to read the rules and regulations and comply. as davidoff is not a forum advertiser, davidoff is not allowed to post any form of commercial contact details.

each time an infraction is given, the user will receive a pm indicating that an infraction has been received. user can proceed to own profile and see the details.

i have received an email from a user where an infraction warning. the user email me to clarify the issue and said that now that user is aware, user will not make the same mistake again. the user was advised to go to the Forum FAQ to read all the relevant threads as well.

sg-roc has advised davidoff that if commercial details are to be added to any posts, then advertise.

warnings were given. advice was given over the phone. however, user persisted in violating the rules and regulations despite warning and infraction points.

if user persists repeatedly and keeps giving the same excuse and when user persists to violate the rules and regulations then user shows no respect for the rules and regulations.

Originally posted by s05485 View Post
          but i see that seller davidoff is banned.. wad happen???
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• just a thoughts..
            do we or it is a common practise that we sent those pre-own watch bought from shops like HJ, Athena to RSC for verification?
            thanks

Comment

• i prefer to authenticate them for a peace of mind whether it is @ RSC or otherwise

Originally posted by kenairs View Post
              just a thoughts..
              do we or it is a common practise that we sent those pre-own watch bought from shops like HJ, Athena to RSC for verification?
              thanks
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Hi all

Anyone mind helping me out here?

I have a Rolex Lady Datejust 178274 that my mother asked me to help her sell.

I am TOTALLY CLUELESS on which shops I should go to to get the best price

Also this watch is retailing at $9750 in shops now. I just checked last week.

So approx what price do u think the preowned shops will give me considering watch condition is 100% perfect

Appreciate your help guys!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by A.Lim View Post
                  Hi all

So approx what price do u think the preowned shops will give me considering watch condition is 100% perfect

Hi A.Lim,

If you really want to sell it to a watch shop (pre-owned watch dealer), be prepared to take a big cut because they are likely taking in your watch to later re-sell it. I am not sure how much they will take in though, and it really doesn't matter what a new piece of the same model costs now. Because the resale price is subjected to the market rate, on top of other factors relating to the watch such as it's condition, accessories, etc. For a start, you may want to check out some of the pre-owned watch shops to get a price range of how much these shops are selling that model, close to your watch details. Thereafter, approach few other shops to get price quotes for selling it. From there, you can see the price difference and trust me, you'll

To cut your loss, you may consider to sell it online and you can start from this forum. Only thing is, you may have to accept a bit of hassle in your sale.

Good luck!
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Hi A.Lim,

If you really want to sell it to a watch shop (pre-owned watch dealer), be prepared to take a big cut because they are likely taking in your watch to later re-sell it. I am not sure how much they will take in though, and it really doesn't matter what a new piece of the same model costs now. Because the resale price is subjected to the market rate, on top of other factors relating to the watch such as it's condition, accessories, etc. For a start, you may want to check out some of the pre-owned watch shops to get a price range of how much these shops are selling that model, close to your watch details. Thereafter, approach few other shops to get price quotes for selling it. From there, you can see the price difference and trust me, you'll

To cut your loss, you may consider to sell it online and you can start from this forum. Only thing is, you may have to accept a bit of hassle in your sale.

Good luck!
                    What Oceanklassik said is true, 'pre dealer' will give you all sorts of excuses about the watch not having the value like; bracelet stretch / dial has pigmentation / watch needs to be service and polished / watch not in demand / this and that excuses as they take it that if you are selling the watch, it shows you need the 'money' weather be it or not that's how they'll try to get you to except the price (same goes to some so called buyers in this forum) just be prepared to be smoked by some buyers (1 minute here next minute gone and like a few I had that think that a pre owned watch has to be like a virgin not been use at all)
                    Don't worry to much, there are some genuine buyers here that appreciate the watches being sold and just be a a bit patient to those (so called keen buyers) that have fallen for the pre owned dealer's tricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                      i prefer to authenticate them for a peace of mind whether it is @ RSC or otherwise
                      well, whichever makes you comfortable, monies is yours. You decide how you like to spend your monies not the seller/retailer/dealer/kawan.

I have dealt with many dealers over the years, not all watches authenticated. They have been around for 10-20 yrs, and never once we have came across a franken watch. And most of them are shop owners today or in the past. We have absolute trust and faith in one another.

Of cos i'm not encouraging any member here to follow suit..imo, $107 is really yuan wan monies spent. Any experienced dealer/collector/jeweler/retailer, would be able to tell if the movt if its chinese made fake or genuine Rolex movt. Even myself, i'm confident enuf to tell you if the movt is fake or genuine by just pop open the case back and use of a jeweler's loup. Any best made fake also got flaws, this applies to all brands..only if you know where to start looking.

Originally posted by A.Lim View Post
                      Hi all

Since you already know the retailing price, and the model ref numbers. Discuss with your mum, how much are you ready to take the cut. How much is comfortable in your opinion, as this is subjective. In my opinion except those very "popular" shops mentioned here before i believe all other shops are reasonable..

They(retailers)also don't wish to be known for making customer taking too big a cut, see we have watch forums,STOMP & youtube etc so no worries, visit some shops bring along your watch ask for e quote. How big the cut is depending condition of the watch/year of manufactured/completeness of your watch set etc...

Best of luck with your watch..

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                      Hi A.Lim,

Good luck!
                      All non authorized distributors aka pre-owned watch shops would resell what they brought in and retail them in their shop after check/service/polish. Most of them have or owned impressive collection kept in their safe.(i know most of them eventually sold their collection to collectors around the world) Unless you walk in with a 5514 or a 5517 than they probably will add into their collection or put them up for auction.

Prices does matters if you are referring to the model still retailing at the ADs..

If used watches, depending on year of manufactured/dial variations/rarity and demand in the open market equal to resale prices.

If op wanna to bypass all the hassle/low high balling/boeing pilots/play out scenarios than be prepared to take a cut. Remember, this pre-owned shop operate with a cost...peace out
                      Last edited by louie; 06-12-12, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• what is defined as not a fraken watch by you, may be a fraken watch by others. it depends on how broadly or narrowly you want to define.

Let me share some stories.

I was once @ a preown watch shop, the watch technician has been in this trade for easily a decade or more. for a watch technician who service many rolex watches and coming across one of the more common model - 6694. a elderly man walked into the shop wanting to sell a 6694. he opens the case and does a quick check. it seems ok and money was later passed to the seller.

after about 10 mins when he finished servicing the watch when he was interrupted, he open the 6694 and had a look. he said - ''tio cheng' liao. so even an experienced watch technician who looks @ watches almost daily can also missed something.

another instance, again @ another preown watch shop who services rolex watches, one guy from another preown shop walk into the shop and look for watch technician. the watch technician looking @ the watch then said this one cannot take. the guy who brought the watch quickly made a phone call and tell the person over the line that the watch got problem.

as one can see, even if you know what to look for, there are times when such instances happen. remember that not all buyers are equipped with the enough knowledge to know what to look for. also how many buyers are confident in opening the case back and check to tell which parts are real or not.

besides, for date just and day date models, there are so many different combinations. some models dont come with diamond bezel/markers but are seen with diamond bezel or diamond markers. to RSC, this is not a real rolex, so for first time buyers, you may be shocked.

im not going to get into vintage because it is even tricker.

i am not saying that RSC will be able to authenticate everything, but at least you know that the movement is real. it gives the potential buyer to have a peace of mind. then again, there are alternative sources to verify your watches @ cheaper rates than RSC. however, you must trust the 3rd party technician who is going to verify.

for a seasoned person like you who buy/sell, you are able to tell. but for first time buyers who is parting a substantial sum of money for a watch, the last thing they want is to buy a fraken watch.

Originally posted by louie View Post
                        well, whichever makes you comfortable, monies is yours. You decide how you like to spend your monies not the seller/retailer/dealer/kawan.

I have dealt with many dealers over the years, not all watches authenticated. They have been around for 10-20 yrs, and never once we have came across a franken watch. And most of them are shop owners today or in the past. We have absolute trust and faith in one another.

Of cos i'm not encouraging any member here to follow suit..imo, $107 is really yuan wan monies spent. Any experienced dealer/collector/jeweler/retailer, would be able to tell if the movt if its chinese made fake or genuine Rolex movt. Even myself, i'm confident enuf to tell you if the movt is fake or genuine by just pop open the case back and use of a jeweler's loup. Any best made fake also got flaws, this applies to all brands..only if you know where to start looking.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

what is defined as not a fraken watch by you, may be a fraken watch by others. it depends on how broadly or narrowly you want to define.

Let me share some stories.

I was once @ a preown watch shop, the watch technician has been in this trade for easily a decade or more. for a watch technician who service many rolex watches and coming across one of the more common model - 6694. a elderly man walked into the shop wanting to sell a 6694. he opens the case and does a quick check. it seems ok and money was later passed to the seller.

after about 10 mins when he finished servicing the watch when he was interrupted, he open the 6694 and had a look. he said - ''tio cheng' liao. so even an experienced watch technician who looks @ watches almost daily can also missed something.

another instance, again @ another preown watch shop who services rolex watches, one guy from another preown shop walk into the shop and look for watch technician. the watch technician looking @ the watch then said this one cannot take. the guy who brought the watch quickly made a phone call and tell the person over the line that the watch got problem.

as one can see, even if you know what to look for, there are times when such instances happen. remember that not all buyers are equipped with the enough knowledge to know what to look for. also how many buyers are confident in opening the case back and check to tell which parts are real or not.

besides, for date just and day date models, there are so many different combinations. some models dont come with diamond bezel/markers but are seen with diamond bezel or diamond markers. to RSC, this is not a real rolex, so for first time buyers, you may be shocked.

im not going to get into vintage because it is even tricker.

i am not saying that RSC will be able to authenticate everything, but at least you know that the movement is real. it gives the potential buyer to have a peace of mind. then again, there are alternative sources to verify your watches @ cheaper rates than RSC. however, you must trust the 3rd party technician who is going to verify.

for a seasoned person like you who buy/sell, you are able to tell. but for first time buyers who is parting a substantial sum of money for a watch, the last thing they want is to buy a fraken watch.
                          anything not original as per ROLEX design is franken to me. Including third party diamond bezel or dial. Yes, vintage pieces is the most tricky even rsc also can missed.(I wouldn't go into details of them) For vintages I only buy frm old timer dealers, 6694 is "popular" model for franken lol. And you can see them (6694) display for sale at many watch shops. Cos this is one of the ever green model with solid proven movement. Not to mention the "friendly" prices of this model and resale value.

We paid our school fees the hard way before, in the olden days (20 yrs ago)when there isn't any watch forum we can seek information like now. The only way for watch information is at watch shops, and kopi-tiams..

PS. Pls buy with cautious, esp old watches that usually don't c/w boxes and papers.
                          Last edited by louie; 07-12-12, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• with reference to this thread and other instances members have with other private dealers, there have been cases where not all buying experience are smooth.

as such, would someone especially new buyers wanting to buy a luxury watch (in each their own perspective) for the first time know what to look out for? what equipment to use to open the case back to look @ the parts?

bottom line is some seasoned buyers will say buy the seller. how many buyers (exclude dealers) are comfortable in saying 100% without reasonable doubt that the watch is 100% genuine on the spot?

as such service centres provide a some form of safe haven when the watch can be authenticated. honestly, for say a 4000 watch, to have a peace of mind by paying 107 (rsc charges for authentication fee), is it alot of money? it is just additional of ~2.6% of the total cost. at least after leaving RSC, a buyer knows that the watch is genuine.

but this 107 does not cover other issues such as period correct clasps, matching dial markers against the pearl insert, etc.

there was another instance where a friend and i attended an event where one of the watch ''connoisseur" who sits on several boards told my friend that he has a nice rolex after looking @ and handling the watch. little does this watch "connoisseur" know that the rolex is actually a "AAA" grade rolex. do note that this rolex that my friend bought does come with certification also.

so the theory of watches that come with certification means it is real does not hold.

Since you already know the retailing price, and the model ref numbers. Discuss with your mum, how much are you ready to take the cut. How much is comfortable in your opinion, as this is subjective. In my opinion except those very "popular" shops mentioned here before i believe all other shops are reasonable..

They(retailers)also don't wish to be known for making customer taking too big a cut, see we have watch forums,STOMP & youtube etc so no worries, visit some shops bring along your watch ask for e quote. How big the cut is depending condition of the watch/year of manufactured/completeness of your watch set etc...

Best of luck with your watch..

All non authorized distributors aka pre-owned watch shops would resell what they brought in and retail them in their shop after check/service/polish. Most of them have or owned impressive collection kept in their safe.(i know most of them eventually sold their collection to collectors around the world) Unless you walk in with a 5514 or a 5517 than they probably will add into their collection or put them up for auction.

Prices does matters if you are referring to the model still retailing at the ADs..

If used watches, depending on year of manufactured/dial variations/rarity and demand in the open market equal to resale prices.

If op wanna to bypass all the hassle/low high balling/boeing pilots/play out scenarios than be prepared to take a cut. Remember, this pre-owned shop operate with a cost...peace out
                            anything not original as per ROLEX design is franken to me. Including third party diamond bezel or dial. Yes, vintage pieces is the most tricky even rsc also can missed.(I wouldn't go into details of them) For vintages I only buy frm old timer dealers, 6694 is "popular" model for franken lol. And you can see them (6694) display for sale at many watch shops. Cos this is one of the ever green model with solid proven movement. Not to mention the "friendly" prices of this model and resale value.

We paid our school fees the hard way before, in the olden days (20 yrs ago)when there isn't any watch forum we can seek information like now. The only way for watch information is at watch shops, and kopi-tiams..

PS. Pls buy with cautious, esp old watches that usually don't c/w boxes and papers.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

with reference to this thread and other instances members have with other private dealers, there have been cases where not all buying experience are smooth.

as such, would someone especially new buyers wanting to buy a luxury watch (in each their own perspective) for the first time know what to look out for? what equipment to use to open the case back to look @ the parts?

bottom line is some seasoned buyers will say buy the seller. how many buyers (exclude dealers) are comfortable in saying 100% without reasonable doubt that the watch is 100% genuine on the spot?

as such service centres provide a some form of safe haven when the watch can be authenticated. honestly, for say a 4000 watch, to have a peace of mind by paying 107 (rsc charges for authentication fee), is it alot of money? it is just additional of ~2.6% of the total cost. at least after leaving RSC, a buyer knows that the watch is genuine.

but this 107 does not cover other issues such as period correct clasps, matching dial markers against the pearl insert, etc.

there was another instance where a friend and i attended an event where one of the watch ''connoisseur" who sits on several boards told my friend that he has a nice rolex after looking @ and handling the watch. little does this watch "connoisseur" know that the rolex is actually a "AAA" grade rolex. do note that this rolex that my friend bought does come with certification also.

so the theory of watches that come with certification means it is real does not hold.
                              Like i told some friends/members recently, today's replicas is not 10 yrs ago fake. Even the 100 over dollars fake can look so genuine! Not to mention, the AAA grades..i cant even tell when they were placed side by side with the genuine for the first minute. Only if you stare long enuf, and you would realized the font size a little too thin or too thick...that is if you have the geniune to compare side by side! But trust me, really hard to tell maybe my poor eye sight. This is why i always have my trusty LED loupe in my bag!

Different flaws can be found on different brand/model, but check this out, the replica factory is constantly "upgrading" and the known flaw will be improved to genuine like in the next updated version! They now even have replica dealers on board , to discuss and improve the current version feedbacks collected frm members at the forums. But one thing they can never copy is the caliber aka movements, i may be wrong.

One day they may even able to clone the entire Rolex/AP/PAM/Hublot inhse caliber, they already done that on eta6497,7750,2824,2836 many yrs ago. So far i see they are only able to clone the rotor plates with very gen liked engravings of most branded calibers, including Rolex.

Yes you are rite abt inexperience buyer buying an expensive luxury watch. Either you have to trust your watch maker or the respective service centre. What is the 107 dollars compare to 5-6k watch, so pls transact outside the service center after authentication for piece of mind.
                              Last edited by louie; 07-12-12, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Thank you!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X