Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cong_zai
    replied
    Ya there is one at the second level as for the name i do not know is is appropriate to post here, Sea***T*mes

Leave a comment:

• jupar
    replied
    is there a preown shop in harborfront? which level and shop name?

Leave a comment:

• cong_zai
    replied
    Hi guys anyone got experience on dealing with the shop that sell preowned rolex in harbour front center?
    That watch shop is opposite of pasta mania if my memory serve me right.

was browsing for watches and the the sales lady quote quite a huge discount for brand new but is from overseas AD.

i was thinking of getting 1 GMT ii before cny

Leave a comment:

• DUCADOS
    replied
    For second hand watch shop, be it ex or cheap, don't ever go to the one at paya lebar mrt.
    "Yan ho"!!! Very dishonest. Infact, con people.
    Got a very bad experienced from there.
    Watch examined quote me X price.
    Money paid me 15mins later can call me to ask me go back then tell me bla bla bla and want to take in my watch at $1k lower.
    Dirty shop

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    whether to bring to authenticate is your choice.

i would still do it for peace of mind.

for ~110 against several thousands for a peace of mind, why not

Originally posted by Damienic View Post
    Thanks for advice.

If it is a new piece (watch in box with sticker still intact and warranty card with a very recent date), no need to bring the watch to authorized dealer to authenticate right?

Leave a comment:

• Damienic
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    i got no experience with them.

however do note that if i have a positive experience with them does not mean you will have. each individual experience is different.

if you are asking will they are trustworthy? then you will have to do all your pre-check.

like asking for receipt when buying, and bringing the watch to authorized dealer or your own trusted third party watch technician to authenticate for a peace of mind.
    Thanks for advice.

If it is a new piece (watch in box with sticker still intact and warranty card with a very recent date), no need to bring the watch to authorized dealer to authenticate right?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    i got no experience with them.

however do note that if i have a positive experience with them does not mean you will have. each individual experience is different.

if you are asking will they are trustworthy? then you will have to do all your pre-check.

like asking for receipt when buying, and bringing the watch to authorized dealer or your own trusted third party watch technician to authenticate for a peace of mind.

Originally posted by Damienic View Post
    Anyone bought from Luxurytime at Pacific Plaza? They sells not only pre-owned but also new watches sourced from Europe. Anyone had any experience with them?

Leave a comment:

• Damienic
    replied
    Anyone bought from Luxurytime at Pacific Plaza? They sells not only pre-owned but also new watches sourced from Europe. Anyone had any experience with them?

Leave a comment:

• Mezz72
    replied
    I think u mean Pxxx Kxxx.
    Yes stay very far away for sure!
    The other thing I can't stand about them is, u stand outside look at the watches is like a crime. They will quickly come out n wanna "chase" you away

Leave a comment:

• Ringo
    replied
    I agree better don't buy at pxxx gxxx

Leave a comment:

• chiu_peow
    replied
    Do you expect to be spoon fed?

Can't you take more initiative?

You are selling your watch, you should be doing more work than just coming into any forum and ask.

May I suggest you use google!

Let me help you a little, use keywords like - Singapore, Preown, Watch

After that, you can compare to what the censored words are and figure out where are these shops.

If the forum censor such words, there must be a reason for doing so.

I believe you can take some effort and bring your watch to a couple of shops and let them value your watch.

Then you can choose to deal with them on the spot or come in here and seek further advice.

Originally posted by A.Lim View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies!! I really appreciate it

Okay if say I choose to go to a preowned watch shop instead of selling it here on the forum,
    which are the shops you would recommend?

All I see here are censored names like T** H**** and P*** K***
    HAHA

Maybe you guys can PM me if we are not allowed to mention names here?

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Very simply, go to the Garage Sales sections and also look around the forum advertisers. They are those you may consider to start approaching to sell your watch. Some are pre-owned watch shops/companies, some are grey dealers.

Leave a comment:

• A.Lim
    replied
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies!! I really appreciate it

Okay if say I choose to go to a preowned watch shop instead of selling it here on the forum,
    which are the shops you would recommend?

All I see here are censored names like T** H**** and P*** K***
    HAHA

Maybe you guys can PM me if we are not allowed to mention names here?

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!

Leave a comment:

• A.Lim
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    with reference to this thread and other instances members have with other private dealers, there have been cases where not all buying experience are smooth.

as such, would someone especially new buyers wanting to buy a luxury watch (in each their own perspective) for the first time know what to look out for? what equipment to use to open the case back to look @ the parts?

bottom line is some seasoned buyers will say buy the seller. how many buyers (exclude dealers) are comfortable in saying 100% without reasonable doubt that the watch is 100% genuine on the spot?

as such service centres provide a some form of safe haven when the watch can be authenticated. honestly, for say a 4000 watch, to have a peace of mind by paying 107 (rsc charges for authentication fee), is it alot of money? it is just additional of ~2.6% of the total cost. at least after leaving RSC, a buyer knows that the watch is genuine.

but this 107 does not cover other issues such as period correct clasps, matching dial markers against the pearl insert, etc.

there was another instance where a friend and i attended an event where one of the watch ''connoisseur" who sits on several boards told my friend that he has a nice rolex after looking @ and handling the watch. little does this watch "connoisseur" know that the rolex is actually a "AAA" grade rolex. do note that this rolex that my friend bought does come with certification also.

so the theory of watches that come with certification means it is real does not hold.
    Like i told some friends/members recently, today's replicas is not 10 yrs ago fake. Even the 100 over dollars fake can look so genuine! Not to mention, the AAA grades..i cant even tell when they were placed side by side with the genuine for the first minute. Only if you stare long enuf, and you would realized the font size a little too thin or too thick...that is if you have the geniune to compare side by side! But trust me, really hard to tell maybe my poor eye sight. This is why i always have my trusty LED loupe in my bag!

Different flaws can be found on different brand/model, but check this out, the replica factory is constantly "upgrading" and the known flaw will be improved to genuine like in the next updated version! They now even have replica dealers on board , to discuss and improve the current version feedbacks collected frm members at the forums. But one thing they can never copy is the caliber aka movements, i may be wrong.

One day they may even able to clone the entire Rolex/AP/PAM/Hublot inhse caliber, they already done that on eta6497,7750,2824,2836 many yrs ago. So far i see they are only able to clone the rotor plates with very gen liked engravings of most branded calibers, including Rolex.

Yes you are rite abt inexperience buyer buying an expensive luxury watch. Either you have to trust your watch maker or the respective service centre. What is the 107 dollars compare to 5-6k watch, so pls transact outside the service center after authentication for piece of mind.
    Last edited by louie; 07-12-12, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X