Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Getting our first pair of Rolex

Hi,
    My wife and myself are looking to get our first pair of Rolex. It is like a gift to ourselves. The watches will be our daily wear. Our budget is around $15k for the pair.
    The issue is that she like plain design while I lean towards sport type.

Any advice on which is a better daily wear watch and come in matching pair?

Thanks a lot.

Brand new or used watches?

If brand new, the Explorer I (@$6K+) for your wife; GMTII-C/Submariner ($9K+) for yourself.
    If used, the Explorer I and GMTII-C/Submariner again.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

A datejust(her) and explorer I(him)??
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

$15k is a bit tough as the prices had been appreciating over the years. I got a Submariner (16610) for myself while a Lady DateJust for my wife. 3 years ago, I paid about $14k for both.

In my opinion, 15k can get you an Explorer II and a Lady DateJust for both of you. If you are keen for a Submariner (116610) or GMT-Master II (116710), you may stretch beyond $15k.

Comment

wow ... watches getting more expensive. alternatively, any other good brand that I can consider? Thanks for all the advices. Cheers.

Comment

A 16610 sub for the guy and a white Milgauss for the lady.
            His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
              wow ... watches getting more expensive. alternatively, any other good brand that I can consider? Thanks for all the advices. Cheers.
              You may wish to consider Omega (I always feel Omega Constellation for Ladies is a good model), Panerai (get the 40mm for your lady while you get 44mm) or Tag Heuer. There are also other brands like Breitling, IWC, AP etc. But nowadays, all watches are not getting cheap. A simple stainless steel can simply cost $6k to $8k, before discount. So do ask for discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                15K can't get a nice pair of ROLEX watches? It is possible, depending on which models you choose. Any brand of watches is good because it all depends on what you like, as long as they are not fake watches.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just got back from watch hunting.
                  Think wife is more or less locked on to JLC Reverso.
                  I cannot decide myself.
                  The Explorer II or GMT Master II?
                  The AD also shows me a VC entry level - nice watch but ex.

Comment

if getting first pair, i would suggest either both rolex or both JLC. personal preference.

also if JLC reverso + Explorer II/GMT Master II, i think likely will break budget.

if you intend to get 2 rolex.*confirm*, u can pm me for help on discount structure.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X