Rolex Submariner query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Submariner query

Hi folks, I'm interested in getting a Sub, but on a tight budget of about 3-4k. Do you think I can get a pre-owned one from any of the shops on such a budget? I'm very ignorant on the different Sub models, but I like the black/green face one.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
    Hi folks, I'm interested in getting a Sub, but on a tight budget of about 3-4k. Do you think I can get a pre-owned one from any of the shops on such a budget? I'm very ignorant on the different Sub models, but I like the black/green face one.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Base on your budget you probably can get a pre owned Sub ND. But still gotta top up a little more.

Comment

If you are getting from the shops, 3K-4K also quite tough to get a Submariner ND (no-date). Unless you buy direct from a private seller/owner. On your preference I suppose you are referring to the Submariner LV (black dial(face) and green bezel(ring around the face)). For that, it is out of your budget already. A pre-owned piece will be around 7K region.

Try to post in the "WTB" (Want To Buy) thread and see if anyone response to you?

Good luck
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Seems tough to start on a Rolex

Comment

It's not tough. You only have to be patient if you want a better deal.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Seems tough to start on a Rolex
            just save for a longer time before buying one. buy the best one you can afford.

even if you found a 3k sub... i would strongly recommend you NOT buy it. there're just too many unknowns for a sub at such a price.

locally, i sold my wife's 14060M sub (non-COSC) earlier this year to a private buyer for $4,100. it was a fair price and the watch was in super tip top shape.

IMO, our local sellers have their prices pegged too high - especially the older tritium models. it's my opinion that having tritium on a rolex watch dial does not mean it's worth more money UNLESS IT'S UNDER AN ACRYLIC CRYSTAL AND IN A PROFESSIONAL OYSTER CASE.

with our strong dollar, you can find a nice sub for 4k if you look on foreign forums... but make sure you know what you're getting into, before buying a watch unseen.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks for all the tips again. Think I'll have to save up more to get a sub. Getting from foreign forums seem a little risky.

Comment

Getting from foreign forums seem a little risky.
                not necessarily so; i very rarely buy from local forums. some interesting pieces can only be found overseas. local pieces are also usually over-priced IMO. plus the strong dollar now makes buying with US$ very attractive.

i have 2 watches (1 seiko, 1 jlc) coming in, and a two-tone sub is now clearing singapore customs. i bought them with all precautions in place.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Agree that some very interesting pieces can only be found overseas and prices can be really attractive given the current strong SGD.

Following are pics of the Union Glashuette Julius Bergter Small-Second I bought overseas earlier this year ...

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  not necessarily so; i very rarely buy from local forums. some interesting pieces can only be found overseas. local pieces are also usually over-priced IMO. plus the strong dollar now makes buying with US$ very attractive.

i have 2 watches (1 seiko, 1 jlc) coming in, and a two-tone sub is now clearing singapore customs. i bought them with all precautions in place.
                  运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

How do you guarantee the authenticity of the product when you can't get to meet the seller? Pardon my ignorance.

Comment

How do you guarantee the authenticity of the product when you can't get to meet the seller? Pardon my ignorance.

There is where you need to do your own homework, request clear pics, tagged pics, even movement pics if possible but not necessary, complete set. etc. Buying overseas can be very good now because of the weak US$ but you need to do more homework versus buying local.

Comment

Pardon me but one impt point, they may show u real stuff but u receive may not be real. Maybe try to find out more abt the reputation of these stores or shops. Just a thought, hope it helps....

Comment

you can't. therefore you must be able to buy the seller and his word, not the product.

as the adage goes: you can't have it cheap, and still have it green at the same time.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X