Help with accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with accuracy

I know this topic has been discussed many times but I'm so amazed by the accuracy of my GMTIIc. Could it be the new 3186 movement?

I hacked my watch according to SST 4 days ago and re checked again today. Now my watch is only 1 second slower!

Can anyone share theirs too?
    PAM 233K :woohoo:
    IWC BP 5004 :D
    Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
    Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Originally posted by rotan View Post
    I know this topic has been discussed many times but I'm so amazed by the accuracy of my GMTIIc. Could it be the new 3186 movement?

I hacked my watch according to SST 4 days ago and re checked again today. Now my watch is only 1 second slower!

That is good...1 second over 4 days..What is SST? What is your base reference? a mechanical watch or quartz watch? I haven't compare the accuracy of my GMTIIc yet. IMO there is no comparison 4 mechanical movement in terms of accuracy with quartz or super quartz movement.

Comment

It's the Singapore Standard Time.

http://www.singaporestandardtime.org.sg/
      Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

Thanks Bro for answering the question. Bro Us888 you are right that the accuracy of mechanical watch cannot be compared to quartz movement but apparently someone posted that after a period of 2 months his GMTIIc is still running spot on. Kudos to the engineers at Rolex that made this time piece so accurate...

I'm happy with mine....
        PAM 233K :woohoo:
        IWC BP 5004 :D
        Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
        Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Its approx a year since this thread was updated.

I recently realised that my GMTIIc is losing 5-6 seconds a day . used to be only 1-2 seconds a day. Turns out my IWC is the most accurate, gaining a mere 1-2 second a day.

Am I being too anal? or is it time to send my watch back to RSC for regulating?
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

How do you hack your watch ?

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
              Its approx a year since this thread was updated.

I recently realised that my GMTIIc is losing 5-6 seconds a day . used to be only 1-2 seconds a day. Turns out my IWC is the most accurate, gaining a mere 1-2 second a day.

Am I being too anal? or is it time to send my watch back to RSC for regulating?
              If ur watch is +6/-4 per day is ok under the COSC standard.
              Current:
              No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                If ur watch is +6/-4 per day is ok under the COSC standard.
                ya, i know its under COSC standard. but just a bit perplexed that an IWC running on 2892 can actually be so much more accurate that my rolex.

Even my much cheaper watches running on 2824 does not gain more than 3 seconds per day.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

ya, i know its under COSC standard. but just a bit perplexed that an IWC running on 2892 can actually be so much more accurate that my rolex.

Even my much cheaper watches running on 2824 does not gain more than 3 seconds per day.
                  i guessed it would be how you wear it ? do you wear the rolex for sports like golf ? losing 5-6 seconds a day could be easily regulated by the fine regulation. it could be many reasons from how aggressive you wear it, where you place it (magnetized though highly unlikely for such small lost of time) , some dirts went in between wheels and pinions could mean more resistance when watch is running. many factors could attribute to that.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                    How do you hack your watch ?
                    Hacking of watch meaning stopping of watch by pulling out the crown.
                    1 3 5
                    ├┼┼╕
                    2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                      Hacking of watch meaning stopping of watch by pulling out the crown.
                      i see , such fancy name. I thought changing the mechanism of the watch.

Comment

i guessed it would be how you wear it ? do you wear the rolex for sports like golf ? losing 5-6 seconds a day could be easily regulated by the fine regulation. it could be many reasons from how aggressive you wear it, where you place it (magnetized though highly unlikely for such small lost of time) , some dirts went in between wheels and pinions could mean more resistance when watch is running. many factors could attribute to that.
                        i wear my watches in rotation for desk diving n window shopping. Sometimes I would bring them to the movies. Other than those, i baby my watches and have never exposed them to shock or forced them to run 2.4km

Which ia precisely why i wondering why the sudden drop in accuracy for my rolex. I too agree that it cant be magnetised since its losing mere seconds.

I also tried putting watch in various position in the hope that perhaps crown downor face dwn etc would help it gain time. Doesnt seem to work, tho if placed crown down, it lose 7-8 seconds overnight. Lol

btw, if theres dust inside, i think i will have to bang rsc table le lol. Cos nvr open b4. Not even sent to authenticate cos bought fr AD.

Think its time to send it back to regulate

Comment

i wear my watches in rotation for desk diving n window shopping. Sometimes I would bring them to the movies. Other than those, i baby my watches and have never exposed them to shock or forced them to run 2.4km

Which ia precisely why i wondering why the sudden drop in accuracy for my rolex. I too agree that it cant be magnetised since its losing mere seconds.

I also tried putting watch in various position in the hope that perhaps crown downor face dwn etc would help it gain time. Doesnt seem to work, tho if placed crown down, it lose 7-8 seconds overnight. Lol

btw, if theres dust inside, i think i will have to bang rsc table le lol. Cos nvr open b4. Not even sent to authenticate cos bought fr AD.

Think its time to send it back to regulate
                          hm no matter what kind of watches, or even water proof watches dirt will eventually slip into the watch. When is the last time the watch is serviced ? The common reasons it is losing time is because of maybe dirt, slightly dried oil. Does it lose time in all 6 positions ? By the way how you time it ?

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post

My GMTIIc is behaving similarly.. However, I do notice that the position you place ur watch at night (i.e. when you are not wearing)... does matter.
                            If you place it crown up, it will lose more, if u place it dial up.. its dead accurate...

Comment

hm no matter what kind of watches, or even water proof watches dirt will eventually slip into the watch. When is the last time the watch is serviced ? The common reasons it is losing time is because of maybe dirt, slightly dried oil. Does it lose time in all 6 positions ? By the way how you time it ?
                              I time all my watches to a quartz watch and monitor see after kicking off at the same instance, how many seconds each will lose. And i time my quartz watch to my handphone and my handphone was timed to SST. kaisu anot? . been doing that for past month. Every night 10pm sync the time on everything and next night 10 pm see any gain/lost in each position.

the watch is abt 1 year and 1 mth old. Hope isnt too old . First owner and never serviced for 1 year + liaoz but luckily still under warranty if really have dirt. Can ask them remove and re-oil keke....

yup, lose time in all 6 positions. never see it gain de. odd.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X