Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnny View Post
    Dear feilong108.
    You sound like a gentleman and give realistic advice which i deeply appreciate. I would like to communicate with you more.
    Thanks for your word of advice.
    Maybe you can pm to me the AD you think i can try to buy from them. Rest assure i will not mention you name.. hehehe..
    Cheers..
    I would love to help you bro but too bad, most of my watches are from overseas dealer but I just don't get it bro; why the need to know which AD bros here go to?

The usual are Hour Glass, Sincere (i'm sure you know and base on this 2, you have your reference already) and of course some of the bros here will have their own source which cannot be revealed or shared.

You have to understand; most of the bros here take a long time to build up the relationship with their SE, bought dozen of watches before they can get a bit more discount from them. What makes you think you can simply ask the contact or in your case (you say for reference)?

I dare say; no matter what you say here; chances are not much people will be willing to share their SE lobang.

Do a bit of leg work and visit the ADs on your own, narrow down to what you want and hit it when you find a SE you're comfortable with. No need for what reference which AD better or SE better etc, cause they may not be suitable for you too.

Enjoy your time here..

Comment

Thanks Johnny for your kind comments...i m the typical blue collar worker locally....

As for the AD information, i suggest u might give the PI or grey market importers that post in our rolex sales garage forum...there are a few reputable dealers...Do check the i-trader system for past deals that had taken place....

Their prices are lower than the local ADs for some models...Do vertify the rolex at RSC if you have any doubts before the money change hands...

The vertification fee at RSC at Tong building level 1 is $75

I am sure the PI Dealers will be more than happy to deal with you at RSC if you wish to..

Hope the information i gave can help abit in your hunt for your beauty...

Cheers,

Feilong108
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Johnny, no offense but gerenally what the other guys commented here is quite true. Sometimes you need to do the basic search and read some of the WTS posting to get a base idea.

Bro Triton is one of the nicest and knowledgable guys in this forum so don't be offended by his advice. You'll be surprised by the amount of $ you can save. Also don't forget to spend $75 at RSC to authenticate the watch if you buy from grey market/2nd hand dealer before buying. Small amount to pay just to be sure.

Enjoy your journey in finding your dream watch

Comment

Dear Bro , Tech_wizard001, jazziceman, feilong108,GadgetGuy .
          I would like to thanks each and everyone for telling me the true fact. And i now understand that it will not be possible to get a good AD from the forum pals.
          This is due to the "trust" built up between the buyer and the AD. which as i beginner, i will not enjoy that.. (Sign...) Until i buy from the AD..

Since it is not possible to have that luxury information from forum pals. I will accept the fact and will not ask such question anymore and forever.

I will try my "luck" from the "WTS" and hope i will not lost alot from there....

Regards

Comment

Dear Crazybay,
            The guide is just for my personal reference only. Since you are keen to know how I will use the data. May be I will share some with you.

Examples of DATA Collected from forum pals
            1) AD “X” – New – 2 watch
            2) AD “X” - New - 1 watch
            3) AD “ Y” – New – 3 Watch
            4) AD “Z” –New -2 Watches
            5) AD “ X” – Pre-own – 1 Watch
            6) AD” Y” – Pre-own – 2 Watch
            7) AD “Z” – Pre-own – 1 Watch
            Base on the above data,
            If I want to buy a new rolex watch, I will definitely chose, either AD” X” or AD” Y” and If I want to buy a pre-own rolex, maybe I will chose AD”Y".
            For those ADs not mention. I will not go and check at all. I would like to stress again the reason to make such an enquiry is that I just hope that I can get a rolex at a “Fair price” through a good AD and That’s all i m asking.
            Note: “Fair price” referring to discount price lah…

Hope I make myself clear. If people want to charge me for enquiry. Then I rather hope he will leave “blank” on my thread. So that there will less conflict among us or any forum pal.

Regards
            As i have said before and probably the third time for sayin it, whether it is brand new or pre-own, the discount that other bros get from the AD does not equal to the discount you will be gettin there. We take Rolex SS sport model for example, most of it are sellin at retail and some even at premium without any discount but maybe some bros here are able to get a little bit of discount from their AD because they are consider regular customer to them and have very close relationship with them, then even they are willin to shared the information about their AD and discount with you, what makes you think that you will also be gettin the fair price that you are askin for when you are just only a walk in customer without any relationship with those AD. So does the information that you are askin from other bros here about their AD really help you to get the fair price that you are askin? As for chargin for enquiry, i don't think there is any wrong either cos if you need someone to do something for you, you have to pay for the service. There is no free lunch in this world. Nobody is here to make conflict with anyone, we are all watch lovers here to share the knowledge about watches but i think not to the extend to share information and discount of their own AD unless they know you very well. Hope that you understand.

Comment

Happy hunting Johnny...hope u stay around to join in the chatting more often...hehehehe.....

Do post your pictures of the new beauty once u gotten it...hehehe....

Cheers,
              Feilong108
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

yap. finally i noted. THe word trust is the key word for discount price.
                I dont tik i will pay anyone for the information that give. This is due to the fact the what make your information worth a cent what i dont event know you in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by crazybay View Post
                  As i have said before and probably the third time for sayin it, whether it is brand new or pre-own, the discount that other bros get from the AD does not equal to the discount you will be gettin there. We take Rolex SS sport model for example, most of it are sellin at retail and some even at premium without any discount but maybe some bros here are able to get a little bit of discount from their AD because they are consider regular customer to them and have very close relationship with them, then even they are willin to shared the information about their AD and discount with you, what makes you think that you will also be gettin the fair price that you are askin for when you are just only a walk in customer without any relationship with those AD. So does the information that you are askin from other bros here about their AD really help you to get the fair price that you are askin? As for chargin for enquiry, i don't think there is any wrong either cos if you need someone to do something for you, you have to pay for the service. There is no free lunch in this world. Nobody is here to make conflict with anyone, we are all watch lovers here to share the knowledge about watches but i think not to the extend to share information and discount of their own AD unless they know you very well. Hope that you understand.
                  Yap. I just want to tell u something. I note that there is no free meal. I understand the key word to have discount is "Trust". which i totally agreed.
                  But please note that no one is a expert in rolex. And you are once a "beginner" of knowing rolex. Judging on the comments. I feel that you must have suffer alot from during the purchase of watches. as are you quite calculative of $$$ base on the fact that you said no free meal and who you are. I dont blame you for that lah.. Maybe it is $$$ that cause you to become like that.
                  And last but not least. Properly, someone might say if you cant afford (for this watch) that just dont talk about it... which again i agreed.

All the best to watch lover and hope you can really find a "True Friendship" in this forum.
                  P/S: $$$$ is not everything.

regards

Comment

When did i said whoever bro here is an expert? Or i just said we are all watch lovers here to share the knowledge for watches? Which one i have said is up to you cos maybe what i have post might not be what you have read. Suffer is not the word for me, when i have a target to get a watch, i enjoy the process very much about walkin around ADs, have a chat with them on the watches and try to look for the best option for myself. Am i calculative or you are just tryin to give peanuts and get monkeys by thinkin that startin a thread to get information about other bros AD then you will get the best deal for yourself? I believe that many bros here start out their watch hobby also by walkin through those ADs, chattin with them and build up a good relation with them and not just relaxin in front of the PC, start a thread and get the best information and best deal for themselves. Lastly i have no means to offence you for what i have said cos you have your point of view and i have mine, nobody is right and nobody is wrong. But if you insist to be defensive and feel offended for what i have said, the there is nothing i can do and this will be the last reply that i have post in your thread. Thats all i have to say.

Yap. I just want to tell u something. I note that there is no free meal. I understand the key word to have discount is "Trust". which i totally agreed.
                    But please note that no one is a expert in rolex. And you are once a "beginner" of knowing rolex. Judging on the comments. I feel that you must have suffer alot from during the purchase of watches. as are you quite calculative of $$$ base on the fact that you said no free meal and who you are. I dont blame you for that lah.. Maybe it is $$$ that cause you to become like that.
                    And last but not least. Properly, someone might say if you cant afford (for this watch) that just dont talk about it... which again i agreed.

All the best to watch lover and hope you can really find a "True Friendship" in this forum.
                    P/S: $$$$ is not everything.

regards

Comment

Dear All,
                      I am new to Rolex watch. However, i would like to own one.
                      I would like to seek sincere advise from anyone who owns a ROLEX Watch . If can, please stated the shop name and type of watch

Shop name
                      1) Sincere watch
                      2) Pawnshop name
                      3) Shop name

Watch type / New/Pre-own
                      1) Sport type (New)
                      2) Sport type (Pre-own)
                      3) Shop (Pre-own)

Thanks for your participation.

Regards
                      I do hope that u will still come n chit chat wif us. As for your request, in order for us to help you more, maybe you shd tell us which model u like, new(local / oversea set) or preowned and ur budget. That way we shd be able to help you more as some shop sell model A at 4k, but there might be one particular shop that sell at 3.5k. In the past before I have any contact, I just go walk walk around those shop(new n preowned) that sell rolex, after i confirm my first watch will be a Milguass then i start to post here to ask whether the price that I was given at the AD was ok... Most ppl told me my price was alrite, so I took the advice n bought it... But after less then a month, I found the same watch at a grey dealer piece selling at a much lower price. But I still enjoyed the journey i went through to buy the watch, the sevice given by the AD was nice, since then I will alway frequent that AD, but they also might not have the best price that other AD are able to give me... My advice here is go start walk walk first, dun buy on impulse. Walk a few more shop and check out watch garage before deciding on where to buy from... Just my RM2cents of advice. Cheers
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by crazybay View Post
                        When did i said whoever bro here is an expert? Or i just said we are all watch lovers here to share the knowledge for watches? Which one i have said is up to you cos maybe what i have post might not be what you have read. Suffer is not the word for me, when i have a target to get a watch, i enjoy the process very much about walkin around ADs, have a chat with them on the watches and try to look for the best option for myself. Am i calculative or you are just tryin to give peanuts and get monkeys by thinkin that startin a thread to get information about other bros AD then you will get the best deal for yourself? I believe that many bros here start out their watch hobby also by walkin through those ADs, chattin with them and build up a good relation with them and not just relaxin in front of the PC, start a thread and get the best information and best deal for themselves. Lastly i have no means to offence you for what i have said cos you have your point of view and i have mine, nobody is right and nobody is wrong. But if you insist to be defensive and feel offended for what i have said, the there is nothing i can do and this will be the last reply that i have post in your thread. Thats all i have to say.
                        Dear All,
                        I would like to apologise Bro Crazybay.Because my thinking/view n his thinking/view are different.
                        That all i want to say.

regards

Comment

thanks. agreed with you.

Comment

Lets all continue the journey of getting our dream watches.

Johnny please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, likewise there will be many bro/sis willing to help too. (Being humble and open would help)

The reason why I am helping is because I was also helped many time by others, their help and advice has and have save me many thousands of dollars.

Regards
                            Desmond

Comment

noted with thanks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X