Problem with Wolf Twin 1.5 module watch winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Wolf Twin 1.5 module watch winder

Bought a Wolf Twin 1.5 module watch winder last Dec.
    Everything was working fine until recently realised the left winder slow down at 12 to 2 during winding/rotation. It is not winding at a consistent speed as compared to the right winder.

Is it safe to continue using left winder to wind my Rolex?

Sending it back to Citimex for repair may take about 6 weeks leaving me no winder to wind my watches.

Thanks for comments/advice in advance!

the theory is that when there is a slipping clutch mechanism for automatic watch, it is to prevent overwinding. however, constant 'activating' the slip clutch will increase wear and tear.

im not sure if it is normal for the brand of winder you using to slow down during specific period. if it is under warranty, why not send it in.

the purpose of a winder is usually for convenience. so just inconvenience yourself during the service period.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by VA75 View Post
      Bought a Wolf Twin 1.5 module watch winder last Dec.
      Everything was working fine until recently realised the left winder slow down at 12 to 2 during winding/rotation. It is not winding at a consistent speed as compared to the right winder.

Is it safe to continue using left winder to wind my Rolex?

Sending it back to Citimex for repair may take about 6 weeks leaving me no winder to wind my watches.

Quite simple just give them a manual wind and yes thats whats the winding crown is for. You will not harm your watch in anyway whatsoever by giving it a manual wind. Watch winders IMO are not needed with any watch with just a simple date complication and just cannot see the point of them.With well over 30 years of Rolex wearing and owning at one time 50 plus watches never found the need for a watch winder ever.If any watch is stored all thats needed is a small manual wind say once a month or so that will keep movement in tip top condition.And Rolex watches wind in both directions so it does not matter you cannot overwind and while on wrist your watch would get much more movement then on any machine

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
        Quite simple just give them a manual wind and yes thats whats the winding crown is for. You will not harm your watch in anyway whatsoever by giving it a manual wind. Watch winders IMO are not needed with any watch with just a simple date complication and just cannot see the point of them.With well over 30 years of Rolex wearing and owning at one time 50 plus watches never found the need for a watch winder ever.If any watch is stored all thats needed is a small manual wind say once a month or so that will keep movement in tip top condition.And Rolex watches wind in both directions so it does not matter you cannot overwind and while on wrist your watch would get much more movement then on any machine
        Well said
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i just found a seller who sells winder and t-loan a winder(if not taken by others) to you while your winder is being serviced.

Originally posted by VA75 View Post

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X