No announcement yet.

Pre-own Rolexes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i always go in and disturb the XMM. if i find the price too high, i slash the price and they say cannot lah. this and that. then i take out my watch say i sell u @ the price -500 want or not. then they........
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

What is the charge at RSC for usual servicing?

Do they sell Rolex boxes and instruction booklets? A lot of pre-owns don't come with box and booklets.
      It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
      Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
      Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
      Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        the gals chio meh???hehehe...not my cup of tea...hehehehe.....
        some only lah. lol
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

minimum couple of hundred depending on what needs to be changed.

RSC does not sell rolex boxes and instructions booklets.

Originally posted by blingking View Post
          What is the charge at RSC for usual servicing?

Do they sell Rolex boxes and instruction booklets? A lot of pre-owns don't come with box and booklets.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I am keen on a pre-owned Sub Date.

Don't mind can share about experiences (good and bad) about pre-owned Rolexes.

Do they keep good time? This is the most important.

Any good 2nd hand dealers that anyone of you frequent?

Do these dealers check the Rolexes that they buy over, such as the quality of the parts and movements?

There is one dealer at Lucky Plaza, a small outlet opposite Peng Kwee. I think the turnover of his stocks is quite high, different watches on display frequently.
            Please don't get it from pk, i have very bad experience with them years back.....why not check out at Koh Watches and Bronzeage both are in Chinatown.

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
              Please don't get it from pk, i have very bad experience with them years back.....why not check out at Koh Watches and Bronzeage both are in Chinatown.
              Think Visiotime and JW are worth checking out too ...
              运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Do pre-owned dealers perform some servicing of the movements to improve the condition before selling them? What about the couple of reputable dealers frequently mentioned in this forum?

I understand that some of them offer in-house warranty, normally 2 years.

Do they use original parts when servicing? Where do they obtain the parts? From RSC?

Would love to hear advices from the bros here before i decide to jump the gun.
                Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                Jimmy Dean

Comment

Do pre-owned dealers perform some servicing of the movements to improve the condition before selling them? What about the couple of reputable dealers frequently mentioned in this forum?

I understand that some of them offer in-house warranty, normally 2 years.

Do they use original parts when servicing? Where do they obtain the parts? From RSC?

Would love to hear advices from the bros here before i decide to jump the gun.
                  Some service, most do not. Its buying the seller. If they say serviced, you can't tell if they only do a polishing job. Unless they have a invoice from RSC.

Original parts. Same, can't tell for movement components. Many are authorised to get from RSC. I want to believe that Rolex movement parts are not easy to fake as it will compromise on the accuracy. And its not easily available as ETA parts. As in using lower grade genuine to replace higher grade parts.

When in doubt. Always go to RSC to authenticate.

Cheers
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                    Some service, most do not. Its buying the seller. If they say serviced, you can't tell if they only do a polishing job. Unless they have a invoice from RSC.

Original parts. Same, can't tell for movement components. Many are authorised to get from RSC. I want to believe that Rolex movement parts are not easy to fake as it will compromise on the accuracy. And its not easily available as ETA parts. As in using lower grade genuine to replace higher grade parts.

When in doubt. Always go to RSC to authenticate.

Cheers
                    Do RSC sell parts to watchmaker outside??
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                      Do RSC sell parts to watchmaker outside??
                      I don't think RSC sell parts to watchmaker, they don't return any parts to me when I sent in my 68278 for complete overhaul...paid $2000 to replace the diamond dial...i ask to keep the old dial and hands but was told they don't return replaced parts and this are control items...

Comment

Which one has a higher appreciation value?

Pre-own or brand new?

Pre-own :
                        1. Costs less than brand new.
                        2. Probably discontinued model much faster than a brand new.
                        3. Higher value upside based on the above 2 points.
                        4. No box and/or paper.

Brand new :
                        1. Costs much more than a pre-own.
                        2. Will most probably make a loss if sold in the short-term.
                        3. Lower value upside due to a high initial investment and new model.

Correct me if i am wrong.
                        Aristotle Onassis

Nido Qubein

Jimmy Dean

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
                          I don't think RSC sell parts to watchmaker, they don't return any parts to me when I sent in my 68278 for complete overhaul...paid $2000 to replace the diamond dial...i ask to keep the old dial and hands but was told they don't return replaced parts and this are control items...
                          U know that alfred png told me that, the last fri of every month, RSC got sell 2 parts of of each model... I was like so unbelievable...
                          Current:
                          No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie09 View Post
                            U know that alfred png told me that, the last fri of every month, RSC got sell 2 parts of of each model... I was like so unbelievable...

There are more than 200 parts in a movement.

Only 2 parts, where got enough?
                            Aristotle Onassis

Nido Qubein

Jimmy Dean

Comment

There are more than 200 parts in a movement.

Only 2 parts, where got enough?
                              He say he buy n keep 1st regardless the parts in needed or not... He also took out his collection of vintage dial n parts(like those fishing gear box) to show me, n i tot is alot, until mon nite when another watchmaker show me his collection(a wardrobe type of cabinet, full of parts n dial), i was like all the way... Alfred collection was like needle compare wif iron rod, yet still talk like he is the only 1 that has all this.... Haiz...
                              Current:
                              No More Liao...

Comment

i am a newbie. i would like to know how do i ensure that money back gurantee from preowned shop if the watch found out to be fake after verification at RSC?

ask them to print on receipt with money back gurantee?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X