How often do you service your rolex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    parts wear and tear within warranty period does not mean manufacturing fault.

manufacturing fault can be

1) calibration - out of COSC specifications
    2) bezel coming off
    3) hands fall out of axis
    4) loose pin @ the lugs

the list goes on.

if parts do not suffer wear and tear, then service centre dont need to make money liao. wear and tear under normal usage is ok but not extreme condition.
    loose pins is not consider a manufacturing defect due to the forces that the bracelet exerts on the pins, it is considered wear and tear. I used to have my seiko pins replaced every 6-12mths. and they said too bad. Im sure rolex also say the same thing.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

well rolex spring bars are significantly more lasting .........
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
        well rolex spring bars are significantly more lasting .........
        you would dearly hope so, for the amount of money that you have "invested" in this timepiece. but my old man does one better, he can straighten out the pins that used to secure the bracelet to case... it actually works.
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

every 5 years should be alright..but if the watch is worn frequently near water activities like swimming, then perhaps it should be serviced at earlier intervals.

warranty means to cover manufacturing fault...... nothing to do with wear and tear
          Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
          Is it consider manufacturing fault if parts wear or tear within the warranty period?

I strongly believed that all rolex parts should be able to larges for decade if not at least longer than the warranty.

If it's going to wear or tear so fast...then I probably think of otherwise.

Cheerio,
          hmm... interesting suggestion to send it in for servicing b4 warranty expires. Not sure if Rolex would honour the change of parts FOC as part of warranty obligations. But I'm sure Rolex has its guidelines on this and that its technicians would have the exprience to differentiate between manufacturing defects from defects due to wear and tear to decide if any replacements should come FOC under the watch's warranty.
          HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
          REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            you would dearly hope so, for the amount of money that you have "invested" in this timepiece. but my old man does one better, he can straighten out the pins that used to secure the bracelet to case... it actually works.
            hope? .... the 30+ year old spring bars on my 6694 were as straight as ever when it received its first service a few years ago....
            visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
              hmm... interesting suggestion to send it in for servicing b4 warranty expires. Not sure if Rolex would honour the change of parts FOC as part of warranty obligations.
              send it for service before warranty expires? they will advise u to come back a few years later ....

and if owner insists, they will charge for servicing.......

Comment

Is it consider manufacturing fault if parts wear or tear within the warranty period?

I strongly believed that all rolex parts should be able to larges for decade if not at least longer than the warranty.

If it's going to wear or tear so fast...then I probably think of otherwise.

Cheerio,
                will they do a full servicing of the movement during the warrenty period? I doubt so..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                  will they do a full servicing of the movement during the warrenty period? I doubt so..
                  I believed if you ask for FOC, they don't. If you willing to pay, why not...

Cheers,

Comment

hope? .... the 30+ year old spring bars on my 6694 were as straight as ever when it received its first service a few years ago....
                    wow... that is good to hear. my old mans 6694 was quite badly bent, until it went into servicing recently. im guessing maybe becos my old man put the 6694 as a real daily beater thus the "damage"
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                      hmm... interesting suggestion to send it in for servicing b4 warranty expires. Not sure if Rolex would honour the change of parts FOC as part of warranty obligations. But I'm sure Rolex has its guidelines on this and that its technicians would have the exprience to differentiate between manufacturing defects from defects due to wear and tear to decide if any replacements should come FOC under the watch's warranty.
                      I have a strong feeling,

A watch send for normal servicing before the warranty, I am quite sure that there isn't any parts that needs to be replace, unless the watch in VERY bad condition.

I am trying to hint that when you send a >5 years old watch for servicing, it stands high chance that some parts needs replacement. This is how their revenues that come in.

It's good we have our own trusted watch technician to do the servicing, you probably do not have to pay extra money.

Cheers,

Comment

I believed if you ask for FOC, they don't. If you willing to pay, why not...

Cheers,
                        not really..sometimes pay they also dun wanna service..brought my watch in and told them already 5 years old and need a servicing..they open up the casing and told me no servicing required because movement very clean..

Comment

not really..sometimes pay they also dun wanna service..brought my watch in and told them already 5 years old and need a servicing..they open up the casing and told me no servicing required because movement very clean..
                          ...then you are one of those lucky man

Comment

...then you are one of those lucky man
                            nowadays things so expensive..even non-branded fishball noodles at bukit batok central coffeeshop also charging $3.50..must save some money lah..

Comment

nowadays things so expensive..even non-branded fishball noodles at bukit batok central coffeeshop also charging $3.50..must save some money lah..
                              liddat one leh... i eat mee pok at sims av. also cost $2, but serving to small, can easily eat 10bowls
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                                liddat one leh... i eat mee pok at sims av. also cost $2, but serving to small, can easily eat 10bowls
                                haha..eat 10 bowls also become spending $20 only to eat fish ball noodles..LOL

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X