Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying a pre-owned rolex - a newbie's detailed guide (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
    There are quite a few pre-owned watch shops in the sim lim area, cant remember the building name...

quite an interesting selection... but have never heard of these shops being mentioned in the forums... any views on them or experiences?
    I had lunch with a hardcore rolex collector yesterday. He had some wise words...
    most of these guys are in the business for many years... you can expect everything to be fully valued. On a rare occasion, you may end up not with a fake, but with a watch which does not have 100% original parts... and you may not know till you take it to RSC and they tell you so.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
      On a rare occasion, you may end up not with a fake, but with a watch which does not have 100% original parts... and you may not know till you take it to RSC and they tell you so.
      so does that mean it is possible that a watch from a pre-owned dealer might contain non-original parts?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

actually... i have my reservations if i do buy from such dealers.... since u'll never know wats 'inside'... lol
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

The name of the game is to buy from reputable second hand dealers and I know that some dealer will guarantee full refund if the watch they sold are found to be non-original when certified by RSC.

Comment

Originally posted by SDlover View Post
            The name of the game is to buy from reputable second hand dealers and I know that some dealer will guarantee full refund if the watch they sold are found to be non-original when certified by RSC.
            have u come across of such case?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I think you could be referring to the building called "Bencoolen" which is just opposite "Burlington." There you have Champion Time, Toto Kei, Trust Time and Peng Kwee. At the Sunshine Plaza you have Time Will Tell and Truly Collectibles.

Comment

Actually,I dun really care bout such stuff la..not the watch will spoil..

you worry here worry there,by then dun need to buy already. so if u want to buy,trust the seller,if u dun trust him then dun buy lor..

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

how does one trust the seller when you dont know them at the begining?

but its a risk you've got to take...

Comment

Turn-o-graph

Hi all senior I am a newbie , thinking of buying a preowned Turn-O-Graph is it a good/popular model, what is the preowned price range like, and any members here selling one. Prefer white of blue dial. I owned a Breitling Super Ocean Chrono and Maurice Masterpiece Chrono Globe, getting into the prestige rolex wolrd now. Thank you.
                    Rolex Submarina TT 116613LN
                    Rolex Explorer 216570
                    Panarai Black Seal PAM 380
                    Breitling Chronomat Evolution TT
                    RXW MM 20
                    Breitling Super Avenger
                    Breitling ChronoMatic
                    Breitling Super Ocean Chrono
                    Breitling STEELFish
                    Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Chrono Globe
                    Rolex 15200

Comment

Originally posted by Breitling View Post
                      Hi all senior I am a newbie , thinking of buying a preowned Turn-O-Graph is it a good/popular model, what is the preowned price range like, and any members here selling one. Prefer white of blue dial. I owned a Breitling Super Ocean Chrono and Maurice Masterpiece Chrono Globe, getting into the prestige rolex wolrd now. Thank you.
                      personally i wont suggest a TOG. however, if this model is what u like, then should be worth getting. everyone got different opinion, in the end, it is you who is going to wear it and pay for it.

if you are looking @ a possible sale @ a later stage should u not want the watch, then you should consider the sports series where it is easier to sell. however, sports models demand also varies from time to time.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

buying a pre-owned rolex - a newbie's

Hi Triton,

Thank you for the valuable advice I will keep that in mind when getting my precious piece.
                        Rolex Submarina TT 116613LN
                        Rolex Explorer 216570
                        Panarai Black Seal PAM 380
                        Breitling Chronomat Evolution TT
                        RXW MM 20
                        Breitling Super Avenger
                        Breitling ChronoMatic
                        Breitling Super Ocean Chrono
                        Breitling STEELFish
                        Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Chrono Globe
                        Rolex 15200

Comment