No announcement yet.

Buying NEW from AD or BNIB from Shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my concern with authentication by the watch maker service center is even these experts cause scratches on bnib watches sometimes
    not very professional imho

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
      my concern with authentication by the watch maker service center is even these experts cause scratches on bnib watches sometimes
      not very professional imho
      To the technician, it‘s just a job.

Comment

Originally posted by lufu View Post
        http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/99370-...lack-and-white
        charge $107 and yet don't "dare" to put it in B&W it's genuine. What if some fakes are so good that RSC missed it?
        What if they didn't even do a proper check?

After all it cost a grand or so, I would rather have that peace of mind getting from local AD. (personal opinion)
        yes. they want to protect their backside mah.

as what bro throttle said, u can only prove that its 100% gen when only you do a full servicing but not the $107 auth service. they only check the exterior and open the caseback and take a look. but what if some of the internal parts are replaced with aftermarket parts?

so to me, the $107 auth service is pointless la. and for a peace of mind, buy from AD lo.

Comment

So preowned watch also pointless to verify?
          To me, still advisable to get it verified in RSC.
          If you planning to get only 1 watch for yourself, than go AD loh, no people stopping you.
          But if you buy a few, than you will feel the difference.
          Alot of brothers here own 6 to 8 watches here.
          The saving = another pc of BNIB Daytona.
          But again, no relationship with AD because you are buying only 1 watch, than pay premium premium for popular and limited stock sports model loh.
          If don‘t want pay premium premium, than they will tell you no stock loh.
          If you understand how Rolex send the AD their watches, you might understand why popular watches like Daytona and Sub LV have premium premium that you need to pay if you have no relationship with the AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613 View Post
            So preowned watch also pointless to verify?
            To me, still advisable to get it verified in RSC.
            If you planning to get only 1 watch for yourself, than go AD loh, no people stopping you.
            But if you buy a few, than you will feel the difference.
            Alot of brothers here own 6 to 8 watches here.
            The saving = another pc of BNIB Daytona.
            But again, no relationship with AD because you are buying only 1 watch, than pay premium premium for popular and limited stock sports model loh.
            If don‘t want pay premium premium, than they will tell you no stock loh.
            If you understand how Rolex send the AD their watches, you might understand why popular watches like Daytona and Sub LV have premium premium that you need to pay if you have no relationship with the AD.
            i agree with what you say. save quite alot when u buy preowned. long run, you can buy a new watch with that savings.

among my watch, i dont do verify. not that im niao and dunwan to spend $107. but i feel that they also cant confirm the movement parts are 100% rolex with the $107 spend. there's a thread here hiding somewhere which i cant find. alot of forumer also say pointless to spend the $107 for this type of verify service.

just my 1 cents la. if u feel comfortable buying from AD, by all means.

Comment

Suppose I buy from someone in garage, and if it spoils or requires servicing, where do I go to?

Comment

So what would be a calculated risk worth?

Comment

you can either choose to the brand service centre or third party watch repairers of your choice

Originally posted by xboxer View Post
                  Suppose I buy from someone in garage, and if it spoils or requires servicing, where do I go to?
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

a calculated risk is worth the authentication fee you pay either @ the brand service centre or 3rd watch technicians whom you trust to authenticate/service your watch.

Originally posted by aceracer View Post
                    So what would be a calculated risk worth?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

All new Rolex watches come with a 2 years international warranty, so RSC will still repair for you no matter where you got it from as long as it's within the warranty period... Cheers
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

buy the seller, nit the watch. Check for past sales reputation etc., verify at RSC for $107, and off to the races you go.

Comment

I just called Rolex Service Centre Singapore. They will service your Rolex no matter which country you buy from, as long as it is genuine.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X