6694 dials...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6694 dials...

I have come across some discrepencies in the dial of the 6694 that i had seen, so i am hoping that the old birds can shed some lights on this matter.

I have also noticed something, the dial to my 6694, the 'rolex" wording on the dial is longer than the "Oysterdate". Whereas i had come across 6694 with dials whose wordings "rolex" is shorter then the wordings "Oysterdate"...

Something i had discovered too is that 6694 that i had seen manufactured before 1980s, all "rolex" wordings are shorter than the wordings "Oysterdate"... is it coincidental?

Old birds here please shed some light...

Thanks

By the way, does the 1225 movement of the 6694 has the hacking function when the crown is pulled out?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
      I have come across some discrepencies in the dial of the 6694 that i had seen, so i am hoping that the old birds can shed some lights on this matter.

I have also noticed something, the dial to my 6694, the 'rolex" wording on the dial is longer than the "Oysterdate". Whereas i had come across 6694 with dials whose wordings "rolex" is shorter then the wordings "Oysterdate"...

Something i had discovered too is that 6694 that i had seen manufactured before 1980s, all "rolex" wordings are shorter than the wordings "Oysterdate"... is it coincidental?

Old birds here please shed some light...

Thanks
      Bro I have posted a reply in the gallery section of your post... think it should be more appropriate to reply you haere instead... So I'll cut and paste the reply here

Ops.... missed out on the obvious part...

So far all my 6694's ROLEX wordings are shorter than the oysterdate wording. The font of the Rolex wording also should not be so much bigger than the oysterdate wordings....

One of the ways I tell if the dial has been redone before is to look at the wordings... Black or Blue dial with golden baton markers should have golden colour wordings as well... If the wordings are white, then the dial has been "touch up" before...

That is base on my own assessment and also advice from a watch seller... Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by sportee View Post
        By the way, does the 1225 movement of the 6694 has the hacking function when the crown is pulled out?

Thanks
        Cal 1225 does not have the hack function. The seconds hand will continue to move even though you pull the crown out to the 2nd position to adjust the time.

Comment

Think you should invite bro triton to this thread for discussion on 6694 as he is also a avid collector for 6694 like me!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
            Think you should invite bro triton to this thread for discussion on 6694 as he is also a avid collector for 6694 like me!! haha
            Bro triton, your knowleadge and expertise is needed.... calling bro triton...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X