X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert
    replied
    Originally posted by triton
    most important is that the shop he intends to deal with has the watch @ the budget he wants.

great to know that this forum has information to assist potential buyer where to go for a better chioce such as the one mentioned.

however, i would put caution in the wind where he scouts around for couple of other shops such as one along beach road where the owner spends hours chatting with rather than selling the watch. some other possible choices are listed in the online shops thread
    Any comments about eBronzeage, Hobbylink, Passions & MonsterTime?

If not convenient, PM reply also can

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by Wife View Post
    hahaha.... you guys are really funny. My hubby does not help me with mopping the house but he does help me jarga my 3 naughty kids while I mop. :P I appreciate your kind advices and my savings are really hard to come by considering the fact that I am a housewife for like 5 years. Any bros here willing to share their good AD with me to help me get maybe a better deal please? Any advise on which shop to get will also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    i can bring u shopping if u wan..

Leave a comment:

• robert
    replied
    I tend to agree with minusplus.

A Rolex Explorer I would fit the budget. The Rolex Price List (as at July 2007) listed it at $6500. If you could get a discount from an Authorised Dealer (AD), it could possibly be below $6000.

Personally, I find the Explorer I having a subtle classy look, if you don't want the sporty look.
    Last edited by robert; 21-01-08, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daveevan
    replied
    Thanks brothers here for the warm response. I am not keen in a preowned as I am a novice and first time buyer so I presume buying from a authorised retailer will be a safer choice for me. So 8.8K for a brand new SS Datejust 116234, diamond dial, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet a good buy?

My hubby is a shirt-pants guy for work, mid-30s, probably a daily wearer (he dare don't wear....heehee ).

I am glad to find such a helpful and useful forum
    can consider the sea dweller, sporty, solid watch, with date, classic ( like the submariner ), can get more discount than the sub-date. Got mine for $7150 brand new.

hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Not sporty. Fatherly type.

Budget 6000 for no diamonds. 8500 for diamonds. Give and take but of course best deals welcome......heehee 'housewife' syndrome :P

Advisable to get diamonds a not ? I think it looks classier :P or it's the woman thing. I need some men's opinions
    I like with diamonds...more classy..some guys think it's girly though

Leave a comment:

• schumi
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Diamonds? Personally don't really like them on watches. It doesn't give a young look. 30plus around my age, so will recommend a sport model
    Yes, minusplus is right.. a sporty one is much preferred I believe. Soething like Explorer II or GMT II will suit him...

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied

Budget 6000 for no diamonds. 8500 for diamonds. Give and take but of course best deals welcome......heehee 'housewife' syndrome :P

Advisable to get diamonds as I think it looks classier :P or it's the woman thing
    Diamonds? Personally don't really like them on watches. It doesn't give a young look. 30plus around my age, so will recommend a sport model

Leave a comment:

• Wife
    replied

Advisable to get diamonds a not ? I think it looks classier :P or it's the woman thing. I need some men's opinions
    Last edited by Wife; 21-01-08, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Thanks brothers here for the warm response. I am not keen in a preowned as I am a novice and first time buyer so I presume buying from a authorised retailer will be a safer choice for me. So 8.8K for a brand new SS Datejust 116234, diamond dial, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet a good buy?

My hubby is a shirt-pants guy for work, mid-30s, probably a daily wearer (he dare don't wear....heehee ).

Judging from your description, DJ seems to be a good choice . Can consider Explorer I also.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    budget - ??? kindly confirm

is your husband a sporty person?

Leave a comment:

• Wife
    replied
    hahaha.... you guys are really funny. My hubby does not help me with mopping the house but he does help me jarga my 3 naughty kids while I mop. :P I appreciate your kind advices and my savings are really hard to come by considering the fact that I am a housewife for like 5 years. Any bros here willing to share their good AD with me to help me get maybe a better deal please? Any advise on which shop to get will also be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Wife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• schumi
    replied
    Another choice would be the Explorer II. Some bro quoted the price @ $6.9k at THG at LP.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    BTW I just called Dickson at Suntec as per other postings in other threads but the salesperson say no discount even if I pay by cash. They quote me 8320 for a 116234 w/o diamonds and 10530 with diamonds. I thought after the discount as commented by some bros here will be around $6000plus and 8000 plus respectively. Please kindly enlighten me, the goondu housewife here.
    Ok,116234 with diamonds is ard 8.8k after standard discount. That I can confirm. The prices given are before discount.

Damn lucky guy(ur hubby) I hav to say..haha Anyway,if you buy preowned means more choices. But brand new would mean you are limited to some sports watches like the Exp I and II,Submariner w/o date(This I am not sure,maybe abit more la). And,116234 aka SS DJ. These are the better choices

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Firstly Ms Wife, welcome to SG-ROC..

Wah.. your hubby so lucky to have a wifey who buys a $6k Rollie for his birthday... Think you will definitely make the correct choice in the birthday you are getting with the friendly help from the brothers here... with your good taste to manage to find SG-ROC, you are already half-way there..

Bro Minusplus standard questionaire is really the fundamental qns you need to know and it will definitely help in your purchase selection.
    To add to Minusplus third qns, "What does he normally wear to work", maybe you will also know if he is gona want to wear this Rolex (your gift) as his regular watch to work or not.

Hopefully you can afford alittle more time to do research, bounce your findings off us at SG-ROC before buying.. don't let the salesman "pressure" you with their sales talk and definitely avoid any impulse purchase to avoid kana ketuk (tok cai tao = chop carrot head)...

Good luck Ms.

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Firstly, how old is your husband?
    Secondly, what does he like?
    Thirdly, what does he normally wear to work?
    Next, will you consider pre-owned watches?
    Lastly, is it going to be a daily watch or just for formal wear?

Once your answers to the 5 qns above are clear, then the job is easy. With a 6K budget, assuming you're willing to consider pre-owned, you can consider getting him a Sports model. Can consider Sub, ExplorerII, etc. If you want a new one only, then that limits your options to perhaps only AK, Exp I?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X