X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loyfam
    replied
    Thanks triton....

We actually bought a BNIB submariner 16610V series and Ladies DJ computer face with diamond with Watch arena... Still comtemplating on RSC authentication but no time to do it during weekdays.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    there is a list of preown shops url listed here. it is not endorsed but RECOMMENDED that you take a look.

when you say budget is 5-7k refers to per watch or 2 watch in budget of 5-7k?

for ladies, the usual choice is a ladies DJ. however some ladies are beginning to wear explorer, explorer II, sub and even daytona.

explorer II is one of the few entry model in sports model series under the rolex and hence the price is probably lower compared to sub, GMT,YM, daytona.

you cant really go wrong with a rolex sports model.

it is not necessary that HK is cheaper. do check out the garage section where some of the members are selling rolex from other parts of the world. should you want to buy from one of these gray dealers, do send them in to RSC for authentication purpose so that you have a peace of mind that it is genuine for a cost of 75.

if you go to AD such as THG, THH, KHH, WP, etc, the pricing are quite stiff and discount for sports models are usually limited.

should you want to purchase from AD, feel free to pm some of the members here who may be able to help you more in terms of discount.

Originally posted by loyfam View Post
    Hi,

I've read the feedback from page 1 and wanted to consolidate some views.

I am new to rolex and my hubby and I are thinking of getting 1 each. Our budget is probably around 5 - 7k.

For my hubby, we are looking at either explorer II or submariner. Is that a good/ safe choice?

For myself, I am still looking. Dunno what to get with that budget.

We don't mind pre-owned so long as the quality is good and it's real. Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise.

For 2nd hand shop, we went to Peng Kwee and it seems like that is a carrot cutting place (per what I read). Any other good shops that we can go to where we can view and people has good experience and important authentic stuff???? Is watch arena one of them? What else?

My friend recently bought his submariner from HK. Is that a good place to buy? He told me that it's around 1k cheaper. Spore branded stuff are by nature expensive so it's not that surprising.

Appreciate your advice.

Leave a comment:

• breitling77
    replied
    Thanks for the updates! It's good to have a consolidated site for all local online shops. Great!

Leave a comment:

• loyfam
    replied
    We just got our Submariner from Watch Arena at 7.5k (including cc surcharge).

Leave a comment:

• loyfam
    replied
    My hubby and I are interested to get a rolex each. We are newbies.

If our budget is between 5-7k what would be a good watch to get? We don't mind pre-owned.

What are the pre-owned shops to go? I read Watch arena in some earlier posting. Also read to avoid Peng Kwee.... Any other recommendations?

Is it true that buying in HK is cheaper?

Leave a comment:

• loyfam
    replied
    New

Hi,

I've read the feedback from page 1 and wanted to consolidate some views.

I am new to rolex and my hubby and I are thinking of getting 1 each. Our budget is probably around 5 - 7k.

For my hubby, we are looking at either explorer II or submariner. Is that a good/ safe choice?

For myself, I am still looking. Dunno what to get with that budget.

We don't mind pre-owned so long as the quality is good and it's real. Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise.

For 2nd hand shop, we went to Peng Kwee and it seems like that is a carrot cutting place (per what I read). Any other good shops that we can go to where we can view and people has good experience and important authentic stuff???? Is watch arena one of them? What else?

My friend recently bought his submariner from HK. Is that a good place to buy? He told me that it's around 1k cheaper. Spore branded stuff are by nature expensive so it's not that surprising.

Appreciate your advice.

Leave a comment:

• SO-TONG
    replied
    Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
    Get it.

very tempted, but sometimes got to listen to the brain leh.

Leave a comment:

• zidaneong
    replied
    Originally posted by SO-TONG View Post
    Thx. It was my love at first sight.
    Get it.

Leave a comment:

• SO-TONG
    replied
    Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
    Sub LV in my opinion.
    Thx. It was my love at first sight.

Leave a comment:

• kenlinliu1419
    replied
    Thanks Triton for your advise.
    I am pretty set in getting a rollie. With a budget of 9-10k, which model should i get? Sub Lv, Milgauss GV or datejust 178274 mop roman?
    cheers
    Sub LV in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• SO-TONG
    replied
    Thanks Triton for your advise.
    I am pretty set in getting a rollie. With a budget of 9-10k, which model should i get? Sub Lv, Milgauss GV or datejust 178274 mop roman?
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    sub LV is officially discontinued as the new 'replacement' model is green bezel, green dial.

generally watch price tends to move up each year. however, due to the financial crisis, prices have come down quite substantially.

take for example, the sub lv was commanding @ 10k about 4 years ago. now? sellling @ list price. gray market price? even lower.

if you want to buy more watches aka different brands, go to local AD and build your relationship to enjoy better discount. however, if you intend to stick to rolex and couple of models only, i suggest you buy from gray dealers and get them authenticate @ RSC.

buying a rolex is not about investment these days because of a higher production number compared to before. however, it is a watch that you can consider for the watch price not to depreciate so much.

I heard sub LV and Milgaus GV are rumuored to be discontinued. Is it true? Are they good "investment"?

In short, i am looking for a watch that may not depreciate too much in value in the long term.

cheers.

Leave a comment:

• SO-TONG
    replied
    Hi hi,

Hope the SIFUs here can enlighten me. I kena poison now and am seriously considering getting my first rolex. Lets say my budget is around 9-10k and prefer SS to YG. My plan is keep as potential gift to my daughter in 5 years time. Also, may want to liquidate it for a rainy day *touch wood*.

I heard sub LV and Milgaus GV are rumuored to be discontinued. Is it true? Are they good "investment"?

In short, i am looking for a watch that may not depreciate too much in value in the long term.

cheers.

Leave a comment:

• newbie09
    replied
    Originally posted by pukerfry View Post
    Hi there,

I am really looking into getting a Rolex Submariner after being stuck with my Seiko for the past 8 years. I am intending to invest in a brand new piece and from the countless threads that I've read, the market price is probably a little lesser than $9K. What I would like to know is if Rolex are controlled pricing, and which authorized dealer would most likely to offer a discount? Are the pricing inclusive of 7% GST or that's additional? And how often do we usually need to send the watch in for servicing, and how much would a regular servicing cost at the Rolex Centre?

Thanks and would appreciate all the advice before I plunge into one.
    There is unlikely any discount if buying sub at local AD.
    Listed price has include gst.
    Recomended serivcing period is 5yrs once.
    Servicing cost ard =/-$800.
    Hope it help...

Leave a comment:

• pukerfry
    replied
    Pre-Purchase Knowledge

Hi there,

I am really looking into getting a Rolex Submariner after being stuck with my Seiko for the past 8 years. I am intending to invest in a brand new piece and from the countless threads that I've read, the market price is probably a little lesser than $9K. What I would like to know is if Rolex are controlled pricing, and which authorized dealer would most likely to offer a discount? Are the pricing inclusive of 7% GST or that's additional? And how often do we usually need to send the watch in for servicing, and how much would a regular servicing cost at the Rolex Centre?

Thanks and would appreciate all the advice before I plunge into one.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X