X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidewalker
    replied
    Watch for people in their 60s...

Am thinking of buying a pair of rolexes for my parents who are in their 60s.
    Need not be too bling bling or high-end.
    Just a simple rolex and can be classics too.
    What should I get?
    A budget of 4k sufficient?
    Tks

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Much lesser resale value than other models.

Leave a comment:

• kent25
    replied
    I am thinking of buying Air King because the small size fits my small wrist better. However, I barely see this model being mentioned in this forum. How is the depreciation of this model compared to others? Roughly the same, or much faster?

Leave a comment:

• ocoloco79
    replied
    Originally posted by ocoloco79 View Post
    Hihi, can anyone pls answer this question"Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise." from loyfam? I got a 17 yrs old preown for my first rolex and realised that I love it and it is addictive. However I wondered if I should get new or preown for my second piece. My main concern is the rate of depreciation rather than other factors. Pls advice!
    Sorry, this is my question. Pls help thks!

Leave a comment:

• ocoloco79
    replied
    Can any kind soul please help with my question? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• watchkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
    Congrats on your new purchase. You buy from which shop?
    I bought from WatchBusiness @ People Park. Today I have visited the Rolex Centre and authenticate it just to make sure. Everything is ok except they found some minor hairline scratch. Oh boy! the technology is so advance they could even notice these scratches beside our normal eyesight.

Leave a comment:

• zidaneong
    replied
    Originally posted by watchkeeper View Post
    Hi guys, first allow me to "show-off" my anxiety of being the member here. Having a hard time to get a place like this to learn and share information. And also being my first experience to own a Rolex watch.

During my b'day (last thursday), I have finally bought Explorer II. It is a total different feel and satisfaction.

I bought it as Used watch from a dealer in Chinatown at very good offer. Condition is still pretty new and will be sending to Rolex, Orchard to authenticate it.

Congrats on your new purchase. You buy from which shop?

Leave a comment:

• SamGMT
    replied
    Originally posted by watchkeeper View Post
    Hi guys, first allow me to "show-off" my anxiety of being the member here. Having a hard time to get a place like this to learn and share information. And also being my first experience to own a Rolex watch.

During my b'day (last thursday), I have finally bought Explorer II. It is a total different feel and satisfaction.

I bought it as Used watch from a dealer in Chinatown at very good offer. Condition is still pretty new and will be sending to Rolex, Orchard to authenticate it.

Congrats on your first purchase and welcome

Leave a comment:

• watchkeeper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ocoloco79
    replied
    Hihi, can anyone pls answer this question"Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise." from loyfam? I got a 17 yrs old preown for my first rolex and realised that I love it and it is addictive. However I wondered if I should get new or preown for my second piece. My main concern is the rate of depreciation rather than other factors. Pls advice!

Leave a comment:

• zidaneong
    replied
    Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
    That's not crazy, it's very normal and I dare say after getting your second Rolex, you will think of 3rd one and then more to come, Congrats on your first purchase, possible to share pictures....
    x2, that's true.

Leave a comment:

• SamGMT
    replied
    Originally posted by loyfam View Post
    I know this sounds crazy. After owning our 1st rollies on friday, it just make you feel so different. Have the desire to own another and you just feel different when you are wearing that rollie

Hubby is now thinking of buying a 2nd hand reasonable price rollie for daily wear and keep his brand new rollie for special ocassion only.
    That's not crazy, it's very normal and I dare say after getting your second Rolex, you will think of 3rd one and then more to come, Congrats on your first purchase, possible to share pictures....

Leave a comment:

• loyfam
    replied
    I know this sounds crazy. After owning our 1st rollies on friday, it just make you feel so different. Have the desire to own another and you just feel different when you are wearing that rollie

Hubby is now thinking of buying a 2nd hand reasonable price rollie for daily wear and keep his brand new rollie for special ocassion only.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    that is good. welcome to rolex owners club

Thanks triton....

We actually bought a BNIB submariner 16610V series and Ladies DJ computer face with diamond with Watch arena... Still comtemplating on RSC authentication but no time to do it during weekdays.

Leave a comment:

• loyfam
    replied
    We just got our Submariner from Watch Arena at 7.5k (including cc surcharge).
    Forgot to add. This is a BNIB (just learnt this term from here .

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X