Straps at a vertical when on wrist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straps at a vertical when on wrist?

I did a search and remmebered that someone posted something as to when the watch is too big for a person. However, I could not be able to find that thread. apologies if i am repeating here.

Guys, I just went to try out the XVI just now at the AD.

For some reason, I find that the white of the numerals arent as bright as that of the Mark XV. I attribute this to the plastic that is on the crystal. is it true?

in addition, when I placed it on my scrunny wrist, I noticed that the straps are at a 90 degree angle!! absolutely vertical!!!! Does this mean that its really too big for me? This is a bit weird cos I am wearing a 40mm GMTIIc and it looks fine on my wrist. Could this be due to the thin leather strap of the XVI or is it just too big in terms of lug-to-lug for me?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

i suppose it is the lug to lug distance...imho
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

hmm so its too big for me then?
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

well...i suppose so...that is why i try the watches on person b4 i purchase any...most impt thing is the watch muz fit my wrist...no use have a million dollars watch that look ugly on my wrist...i prefer the $10 watch to look fitting on my wrist...just in jest eh...

P.S: u can send me any watches for free, i wear them!!regardless 10mm or 100mm...cheers..

Feilong108

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          well...i suppose so...that is why i try the watches on person b4 i purchase any...most impt thing is the watch muz fit my wrist...no use have a million dollars watch that look ugly on my wrist...i prefer the $10 watch to look fitting on my wrist...just in jest eh...

P.S: u can send me any watches for free, i wear them!!regardless 10mm or 100mm...cheers..

Feilong108
          haha, now a bit sad.....it looks fine with the bracelet on me tho. reason being the bracelet can show a bit of curve at the ends when it goes downwards wrapping round my wrist. But Mark XVI with bracelet the cost is 1.7-2k diff!!! a bit crazy haha

Comment

good choice...IWC is a superb brand....love the BP 5004...no budget for it....sigh....and i have puny 6" wrist.....so can't carry off the look even if i buy it....

Comment

talking about BP, I was in the MRT and saw a guy wearing it.

Looks belly sui. Totally unlike the XVI. IMO, the BP for some reason looks a lot sharper then the XVI Too bad I also cant pull off nor afford a BP

Now good choice also no use lah, I don think my puny wrist can pull off even the Mark XVI on strap.

Comment

my max is 44mm....and i prefer to have 24mm lugs as i have many 24mm straps....

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                  in addition, when I placed it on my scrunny wrist, I noticed that the straps are at a 90 degree angle!! absolutely vertical!!!! Does this mean that its really too big for me?
                  That sounds too 'big' IMHO ... Personally, I have relatively slim wrists as well and did not go for certain watches (e.g. IWC BP, AP ROO, etc.) even though I really like them ...
                  运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Psee,with your wealth u can always buy and put the grails in winders to admire...haha..just kidding eh....

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                      Psee,with your wealth u can always buy and put the grails in winders to admire...haha..just kidding eh....
                      Bro feilong, I'm just a regular salaried employee who is simply crazy about watches and tend to overspend (both money & time) on them ... Wear all my watches so doubt I would ever buy any watch just to admire ... hahah
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

u do have a swee swee collection of watches...haha...same situation as me..i wear all my watches...regardless of the amount i paid for them...no safe queens de...hahaha...but i do take care of them..non of them are "beaters"....

Comment

hmm guess i can 4get it le haiz....Mark XVI is not for me....unless I buy bracelet haha...but additional almost 2k for bracelet!!! me def not that rich lol..

Comment

can always get the IWC with the Bracelet after saving up abit more mah...IWC makes very nice watches....but i prefer JLC reverso models for my dress watch...pilot watches are way too big for my wrist...hahaha....

Comment

hmmm no lah if i have spare 2k, i rather put it to another watch fund haha...and not bracelet fund

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X