Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Servicing watches not at Auth service centres..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing watches not at Auth service centres..

Just wondering. Some pre-owned shops have their own watch makers. Hence, a lot of them dismantle and service them.

I always tht that this is ok for preowned watches that are already out of warranty. Reason being that its cheaper. But what about shops selling preowned pieces that have been serviced by their own techs?

How they service in terms of the parts? if oil oil here oil oil there should be fine. But if say Rolex and they need some parts, etc. How do they get those parts? Assuming they use their own parts. Wouldnt that make it non original already?

Now if I were to bring this watch back to RSC, (most preown dealers will say no need lah cos working mah). Would I face issues?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

how they get is 'trade secret'. they wont tell u.

RSC will service your watch so long as everything is original.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

but what happened if its another brand?

I am targeting an IWC at the moment. But seems like servicing is done outside the Auth service group. What happens if nside have a bit of unoriginal item or something?

Would it cost me more to service the watch when I bring it back? I don wanna get something and end up have to service at other place for the rest of my life

might be cheaper but I wont know what they do with the watch inside as well as the parts they use.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X