Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would watch movement be affected with seldom usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would watch movement be affected with seldom usage?

i only wear my sub lv on weekends...

so winding is required everytime i wear the watch on weekends...

just wondering, stopping short of investing in a watch winder, would my watch be spoilt over time due to the ill-frequent usage?

thanks

Do a little search here and you shld be able to see a discussion on this topic. Thre r 2 schools of thought on this: some said watch seldom wear, no good, inside not well-lubricated. Some others believe often wear, very easy wear-n-tear, also no good. To me, taking care of your watch in a reasonable way is sufficient. This includes how you carry it around on your wrist each time you wear it.

I also heard new watch needs to "run-in" the movement for the first month. Critics to this said no need, movement shld have been run in at the factory liao.

It's up to you to believe.

Cheers!
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Think its good to invest in a winder.... Can jus take out the watch and wear... No need to adjust the time and date... Since you have already spent so much on a watch, might as well get a winder... My humble opinion...
      PAM 233K :woohoo:
      IWC BP 5004 :D
      Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
      Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by foofam77 View Post
        i only wear my sub lv on weekends...

so winding is required everytime i wear the watch on weekends...

just wondering, stopping short of investing in a watch winder, would my watch be spoilt over time due to the ill-frequent usage?

thanks
        Hi, agreed with rotan and would recommend investing on a winder. At the moment I wear my sub on weekend too, and no winding is required, though I think the watch should not spoil so easily.

Comment

this is a very debateable issue.

some feel no need winderand just wind when wanna use.

for me, i lazy to always wind when i want to wear the watch so I bought a winder. Not for the fact that I am worried the watch will be spoilt if only use on weekends, but more fr just my own convenince.
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Winder good.... Some more look so good on my table hehe.... Still can admire the watch thru the glass...
            PAM 233K :woohoo:
            IWC BP 5004 :D
            Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
            Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X