Enquiry on Winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI guys,

Getting poisoned too fast and now need to get meself a watch winder...
    considering the eilux one.. (3-winders for $950) or the 4+6 or 6+9 mozart series on this website...

http://time-galleria.com/index-1.html

any comments dear lao jiaos?
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

I just got myself 1 of this too. Quite decent considering the price. And its in my bedroom, but I don't hear a thing so far, so I guess its considered quite quiet. Managed to get it cheap too ... inclusive of shipping, cost me total of $94 SGD.

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
      just got myself 2 of these winders...

silent.... and cheap.

plastic.... but still looks ok...

4 timer settings.... 2 oscillating movements

Comment

Managed to take 2 pics. Hope this helps bro

Link

Comment

I am also looking at buying a watch winder, I have attached the link below, do give me some feedbacks whether this watch winder can buy? Anyone using the same watch winder? I tink it looks cool and nice, but dunno whether its reliable or lasting?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ka015-L-NIB-DUAL-LED-AUTOMATIC-WATCH-WINDER-CASE_W0QQitemZ370165565320QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item370165565320&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1326|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|2 40%3A1309|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
          Space for Rent if you want to advertise

Comment

A hearty thank you for sharing , triton

this post really make me consider more on getting the right winder

3 cheers!!!!

finnsim
            Rolex SD "m" series
            Omega Speedmaster
            PAM 164K

Comment

Any comments on modalo watch winders from germany?
              Are they value for money?
              Thanks!

Comment

No over winding

Originally posted by ebpwu View Post
                Is it true that watch winder also prevents external damage or oil thickening in the watches workings after long periods with no movement? And why need clockwise or anticlockwise and interval resting periods? Watch will be overwound and get damaged?

If so, won’t they wear out the gearings over long period?
                Most new watches have protection against overwinding. If urs is vintage watches maybe may overwind.
                My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
                Rolex Submariner 16610
                Rolex Submariner 116610
                Rolex Date 1550
                IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
                IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
                Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
                Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
                Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
                Seiko Sumo SBDC001
                Seiko Sumo SBDC003
                Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
                Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

This may seem like a daft question, but how do you know whether your brand of watch should be wound clockwise, anti-clockwise or both? And also, how many TPD should be the max without over-winding or worse still damaging your watch?

I bought a 9-watch winder recently and love to see all my watches turn. Looks beautiful and mesmerizing. Quite sadistic huh?

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                    This may seem like a daft question, but how do you know whether your brand of watch should be wound clockwise, anti-clockwise or both? And also, how many TPD should be the max without over-winding or worse still damaging your watch?

I bought a 9-watch winder recently and love to see all my watches turn. Looks beautiful and mesmerizing. Quite sadistic huh?
                    if it isn't included in your manual, you can refer to watch winder websites where they have a recommendation based on the type of watch you have.

if it's not on the list, you can probably narrow down the movement using google, and that will help you figure out the best winder setting for it.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      if it isn't included in your manual, you can refer to watch winder websites where they have a recommendation based on the type of watch you have.

if it's not on the list, you can probably narrow down the movement using google, and that will help you figure out the best winder setting for it.
                      Maybe we can start a recommended list for the different brands of watches or types of movements.

For example:
                      valjoux XYZ: TPD 450~650 anti-clockwise

Comment

as mentioned, the brand of watch winder should have an online database. eilux and orbita has one. you can always proceed to orbita website to check.

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          as mentioned, the brand of watch winder should have an online database. eilux and orbita has one. you can always proceed to orbita website to check.
                          Great. That's what I wanted.
                          Thanks Triton.

Comment

no worries.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

I have seen winders on the net which have an adjustable TPD level, as well as clockwise and anti-clockwise adjustments. Has anyone seen such winders for sale locally?

I am looking for a winder which has adjustable TPD for 600, 800 and 1000TPD in both directions.

Comment

you may want to check out our forum advertiser - iTresor. fits your requirement. not sure about their pricing. alternatively, eilux, orbita, etc

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                                I have seen winders on the net which have an adjustable TPD level, as well as clockwise and anti-clockwise adjustments. Has anyone seen such winders for sale locally?

I am looking for a winder which has adjustable TPD for 600, 800 and 1000TPD in both directions.

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X